Awoo.

BorderLands3 is here

Meta77

Borderlands is back! Check out the Borderlands 3 Developer Trailer and prepare for an all-new mayhem-filled adventure. Visit Borderlands.com on April 3 for more info.

Music:
“Can’t Hold Me Down” by GRiZ (ft. Tash Neal of The London Souls)

I'm saying less than a week.
Between Duke Nukem Forever, Battleborn, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Bulletstorm, Randy Pitchford and Gearbox have been the laughing stock of the industry for while now, i'm surprised this announcement is giving hype at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

It’s a bit of a meme to say a newly announced game will be epic store exclusive, but there’s also ground to the joke considering epics gone on record to say they’ll continue buying exclusives in hopes that it’ll give the store “value” until its actual features go into effect(which are months away) a title like borderlands 3 is a toss up on whether or not it would follow suit like other games. Personally I don’t think it will, but wouldn’t be surprised if it did

44 minutes ago, Tornado said:

So how long until they announce it's exclusive to Epic?

Shhh...

They have to first get the steam pre-orders so they can negotiate better retail store deals.

I’m curious as to who the new playable characters are, as well as what happened to the previous playable characters.

(Looks like the psychos will never change, though.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I know what of the characters is said to be able to summon beast npcs as a special to help him fight. I think the trailer shows some of that.

Another can summon a mech suit into battles

It looks like a Borderlands game. No more, no less and i love it. I always get scared that devs feel pressure to reinvent the wheel when in reality we just want another great game in the series and it looks like they are going to deliver just that.

My biggest fear was that they would turn borderlands into some online only looter shooter with micro transactions, a "game as a service" and im so happy they didnt!

Pretty much sold on the game as soon as I saw Rhys and Fiona. Extremely happy they picked up the shambles that Telltale left with that fucking garbage cliffhanger at the end of Tales. 

Will be more happy if the Tales cast, or at least Rhys/Fiona are unlockable vault hunters.

So are the guns a selling factor for you all. They keep pushing how many variations of a gun is in the game but I'm more into BL for the stories. The guns really aren't all that important

Borderlands 2 is probably the most fun and greatest number of hours I've put into a game since S3K. I kind of fell out of gaming with an adult life years back and borderlands 2 made it fun again. 

I will buy borderlands 3 day 1 regardless, just because they won me over so much with BL2, but I'm hoping that the formula stays close to BL2 with only minor improvements and adds. I think a lot of fans want that, dont break the formula. It's really the only game like that. I love the stories here, definitely the character interactions, claptrap is legendary, its does all of that stuff just right for me. I like serious stories when they're written very well, but otherwise prefer fun stories and worlds like BL that dont take themselves too seriously. Gun play and looting is very addicting, as well as roaming around huge territories.

I havent looked forward to a game this much since SA1 the year before release.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:49 PM, Meta77 said:

Do yoy guys actually think they would that

1. Randy Pitchford.
  2. 2K's sister publishing studio just pulled that shit last week with The Outer Worlds.

I would be more surprised if Epic didn't throw a pile of money at 2K to make it Epic Games Store exclusive than I would if they did.

2 hours ago, Tornado said:
  1. Randy Pitchford.
  2. 2K's sister publishing studio just pulled that shit last week with The Outer Worlds.

I would be more surprised if Epic didn't throw a pile of money at 2K to make it Epic Games Store exclusive than I would if they did.

Something this big though? If anything now i could see them  trying to do the (exclusive for so many weeks thing)

borederlands remastered is also dropping April 3rd. I don’t recall playing that one as much as 2 or even pre sequel, but I guess I can give it another shot 

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

I'm shocked by this new development.

Are you.  are you truly......truly.....surprised!! XD

@Tornado So was that a sarcastic pot shot at me posting legit borderlands news or...?

edit: Oh the epic store news. Just saw. Ehhh...yeah it was a 50/50 chance. Ah well. Really hope epic will cut this shit out soon and just provide a decent service worth people’s time instead of holding to ransom games everyone wants.

Also, box art 

borderlands_3_leaked_cover_super_deluxe_

So I mean is it being on epics launcher really THAT much a issue as all these steam users are making it out to be ??

49 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

So I mean is it being on epics launcher really THAT much a issue as all these steam users are making it out to be ??

Aside from it being spyware, and Epic being owned by a shady Chinese corporation, Epic's launcher is unbelievably barebones and lacks a ton of core feature (it doesn't have a fucking shopping cart of all things. A shopping cart.)

Steam's not perfect by any metric, but it comes with a litany of social and auxiliary functions that make it as desirable as it is. While I think that everybody's loyalty to VALVe is entirely misplaced, it is by far the best platform on PC and there is absolutely nothing that Epic does that it doesn't. In short, these companies are making you deal with a worse service with no end benefit to the customer.

And for what? Is Borderlands seriously that good guys? Because I don't see it. It's not bad, mind you, it's one of the better looter shooters I've played. It's miles ahead of garbage like Anthem. But is it worth supporting a company that frequently is wrist deep into bullshit? I just don't fucking see it, not when we have a plethora of other games coming this year that are going to be far better than this thing will ever be.

If I can wait a year for Outer Worlds and Metro: Exodus, I can sure as fuck wait on this one.

I haven't said anything yet, which is surprising.

I'm very much looking forward to this game! Borderlands is a series I like, for it's story, gameplay, aesthetics, everything. It's so fun to play through! A friend of mine and I tore the trailer to shreds looking for secrets and information. Plus, the leaks that are basically confirmed by this point seems like the game will be freakin' rad. Plus, Tales from the Borderlands characters!

If only it wasn't for... Epic Games Store exclusivity. Ugh.

At least, I can play the new Borderlands 1 update with my friends. It'll pass the time until BL3 comes out on Steam. Or I'll get it on PS4 with my friends, I don't know.

9 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I mean, kinda yeah. The core of the issue isn't about whether or not Epic's launcher is inferior (it is), or whether or not the experience will somehow be worse on it than Steam. It's the fact that it's such a dickhead move by Epic and 2K that comes at the expense of consumer. People knew this game was getting moneyhatted, and giving customers less options for where they can purchase the game doesn't benefit anyone other than Epic. This also means you're probably not gonna be seeing a lot of third party sellers like Humble or GMG offering keys for it. 

That and I personally like having everything in one place when I can help it. My other games, achievements, wallet funds and friends who played the other Borderlands games are all on Steam. 

But isnt it the same thing consoles do where they have exclusives I cant play on the other. And it is their game technically,  with a new launcher store I'm sure they wanted to draw more people in