Awoo.

BorderLands3 is here

Meta77

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

And it is their game technically,  with a new launcher store I'm sure they wanted to draw more people in

It's their game? Huh? Am I missing something here? As far as I'm aware, Borderlands is developed by Gearbox and published by 2K Games. Epic doesn't have ownership of anything other than the Unreal Engine. Unless I'm completely wrong here, it isn't "their" game at all. If it were, I couldn't imagine it coming to Steam, period. 

And of course they want to draw people to their storefront. Nobody's questioning their motives; that has nothing to do with why people are upset. Moreover, saying that this happens on consoles as well is whataboutism and hardly an argument worth entertaining, but it bears mentioning that consumers complain when it happens there too. They're generally more forgiving in cases like Bloodborne or Bayonetta 2 (which ended up being a shitstorm anyway) where Sony and Nintendo respectively were responsible for the game even existing in the first place, so exclusivity is more than justified. When games or DLC end up being money hatted, that is to say, publishers are payed to keep their content off of another platform, that's when people start voicing their dissatisfaction-- which seems to be what's happening here. 

I could have swore 2k was undeelipics wallet now.

Also Its comperitoon.  it's a basic business model. You want more people on your system you do exclusives or times releases. You want bayo 2 it's now switch exclusive.  you want cuphead you go to xbox. Though the latter is now on switch!

10 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I could have swore 2k was undeelipics wallet now.

Also Its comperitoon.  it's a basic business model. You want more people on your system you do exclusives or times releases. You want bayo 2 it's now switch exclusive.  you want cuphead you go to xbox. Though the latter is now on switch!

The entire thesis of PC gaming is having an unlimited amount of freedom to do whatever it is you want to do with your games. It's about having freedom and options. It's about having whatever hardware it is you want, about what features and performance you want to have in your games, and what you do with those games. This is why PC gaming is the very bleeding edge of gaming.

And ideally too, we'd be able to get whatever software we want. Exclusivity deals are by their nature anti-competitive and restrictive. If I wanted to buy whatever retarded deluxe edition of Borderlands 3, why should I have to use Epic's crappy spyware infested barely functional garbage? Why can't I get it on Steam or GoG? Why can't I just buy games wherever I want.

And the answer is simple. There's companies like 2K and Gearbox just want more money, consumer be damned. 2K and Gearbox want a bigger cut, and want consumers like me to deal with an inferior service to get it.

If that's the stance they're going to take, then they can bite me. I can get better games on GoG.

I mean the point of a company is to make money. Involve stockholders and you need even more.  You say freedom vi5 you do know according to steams tos unless recently changed that if they shut down next week every game you  owned are gone and they would owe you nothing

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I mean the point of a company is to make money. Involve stockholders and you need even more.  You say freedom vi5 you do know according to steams tos unless recently changed that if they shut down next week every game you  owned are gone and they would owe you nothing

That's fine. If they want to treat me like shit, then I'm not going to give them money, and hopefully they consider lol.

I mean, you operate on the assumption that I have to give them anything. I said multiple times, I got way better games that I'm looking forward to that don't treat me like shit. 

I never said you yourself in any post. Simply that's how businesses operate to make profit.  if you choose to hold out more power yo you. For me BLs is one of those titles I'm buying day 1

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I mean the point of a company is to make money. Involve stockholders and you need even more.  

Is this your entire argument? Are you going to do anything other than hand-wave criticism by saying it's just business? Because everyone already knows that. It doesn't change the consequences consumers face. 

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

You say freedom vi5 you do know according to steams tos unless recently changed that if they shut down next week every game you  owned are gone and they would owe you nothing

Valve has on numerous occasions said that they have measures in place to make sure users still have access to their Steam library in the unlikely event of the service shutting down, so unless something's changed I don't think this is true either? There's definitely a discussion to be had about the security that comes from owning a game vs. owning a license for one because this is a legitimate concern, especially when you consider the prospect of streaming/subscriptions/an all digital future, but I don't really see how that's relevant here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no particular loyalty to VALVe, but I have no reason to think they're dishonest when they say that if the service shuts down you at least have some of measure that you'll still have your games. How they'll manage that, I don't know, but I have a good deal bit more faith that they'll stand behind tat statement if the time were to come than Epic games. I can't say that I have that faith for many other digital distribution services, aside from GoG, certainly not with Epic Games.

You're doing a lot of apologetics for shady companies that are actively participating in anti-consumer behavior, which basically amounts to "I don't see it as a big deal because everyone else does it and Steam isn't even that great anyways". It's not really a compelling argument that fails to even try to empathize with the points that PC users are making.

• Thumbs Up 2

1. I am a PC gamer. I bought a 2080 the moment it was up for order

2. I am not apolegitc but I am also smarter to know how a business runs. For however evil people see them the fact many act surprised so many times when companies take large sums of monies and see it as a evil thing against gamers baffles me. Yes it looks bad but nearly EVERY business is in it to make money. Almost no company says ah screw the money our gamers are more important. (save probably nintendo)

I empathize with gamers when its needed such as sony censoring games and stubbornness to participate in cross play. What I do not is just gamers who do not use epic store fuming on reddit or people spamming youtube videos discussing this saying they will pirate it. I am sure gearbox put a lot of heart into this game and to see gamers act out like this is just disheartening.

If one does not wish to use the epic store that is fine but it was almost no surprise. I think Tornado acted the least surprised lol

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

1. I am a PC gamer. I bought a 2080 the moment it was up for order

So you're a nVidia shill too lol

2. I am not apolegitc but I am also smarter to know how a business runs. For however evil people see them the fact many act surprised so many times when companies take large sums of monies and see it as a evil thing against gamers baffles me. Yes it looks bad but nearly EVERY business is in it to make money. Almost no company says ah screw the money our gamers are more important. (save probably nintendo)

I'm well aware of that. Doesn't mean I have to give them my money if they don't give me what I want.

I empathize with gamers when its needed such as sony censoring games and stubbornness to participate in cross play. What I do not is just gamers who do not use epic store fuming on reddit or people spamming youtube videos discussing this saying they will pirate it.

So have you not seen all the reasons why people don't want to use the Epic game store? Some of them have been detailed in this very thread.

I am sure gearbox put a lot of heart into this game and to see gamers act out like this is just disheartening.

Gearbox putting heart into anything? Making a lot of assumptions.

If one does not wish to use the epic store that is fine but it was almost no surprise. I think Tornado acted the least surprised lol

Nobody was surprised. Everybody expected this. We know who Gearbox and 2K are, and we know how they deal.

• 1 month later...

So general borderlands question. I wanna transfer my PS3 borderlands data to my PS4 to get ready for possible transferable data for 3, but since I don’t have a PS3 anymore, would I be able transfer via PSNow? I have my achievement and I believe save data still since it’s the same account on both systems, but not sure if PSNow allows transferable data.

Edit: also realized hilariously the handsome jack collection is on PlayStation plus this month. So I don’t need to go out and get a copy lol

8 hours ago, KHCast said:

So general borderlands question. I wanna transfer my PS3 borderlands data to my PS4 to get ready for possible transferable data for 3, but since I don’t have a PS3 anymore, would I be able transfer via PSNow? I have my achievement and I believe save data still since it’s the same account on both systems, but not sure if PSNow allows transferable data.

Edit: also realized hilariously the handsome jack collection is on PlayStation plus this month. So I don’t need to go out and get a copy lol

Depends if the Handsome Jack collection has the feature to import a PS3 save. You’d likely do it through the main menu there if it’s an option. The only other condition really would likely be transferring the save to PS Cloud’s systems, as that’s the only way I know of transferring a PS3 save to PS4.

PS Now saves are annoying different. I started the original Red Dead on PS Now at one point where my PS3 controller was messed up, and tried to transfer my already existing PS3 save to it, only for it to do nothing and not be recognised, with the PS Now version asking me to start a new game, so I don’t think starting via PS Now would do anything.

Hmm well my family has my old PS3, I guess I could try asking my brother to try and upload my data lol. 

12 hours ago, KHCast said:

I don't know about PS3/PS4, but transferring saves in BL2 on Xbox works like this: Step 1. Sign in on your 360 and pick the character you want to transfer (you can only do one at a time, unfortunately). Step 2. Go down to Cloud Saves and hit Upload Character. Step 3. Go on your PS4 and collect said character, rinse and repeat for any characters you want to transfer. Yes it's a pain but it works.

3 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

I don't know about PS3/PS4, but transferring saves in BL2 on Xbox works like this: Step 1. Sign in on your 360 and pick the character you want to transfer (you can only do one at a time, unfortunately). Step 2. Go down to Cloud Saves and hit Upload Character. Step 3. Go on your PS4 and collect said character, rinse and repeat for any characters you want to transfer. Yes it's a pain but it works.

So I can’t just rely on the save data itself? I need the game on the previous system as well? Hmm. I think I have 2 and pre sequel on my PS3 via PlayStation plus. Gonna have to ask my bro to upload all that. Only other option would possibly be he sends the save data into the cloud since I have PlayStation plus, and then I upload it to my PSNow version of 2 and pre sequel