Awoo.

Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Announced

tailsBOOM!

Yeah, I figured the whole unlock able characters thing would be limited to events again, but some events not having guest characters wasn't really something I expected. 

Honestly, I wish they just added only four new characters that were available in all the events like they did with the first Winter Olympics. Having all these characters be playable in just a single event comes off as a major tease.  

Hopefully they show us which event they are exclusive to soon in like a trailer or something

Maybe before October starts or on the beginning of October  

its hard to predict where they will he lol 

600085A7-90C8-4BE8-A25C-A5D9D2D8F056.jpeg

We know that Rouge is exclusive to Sport Climbing, Zavok is exclusive to Boxing, Rosalina is exclusive to Surfing and Eggman Nega is exclusive to Karate. 

AH-HA! As I suspected, there is a guest character slot in Fencing! 

Since Eggman Nega is in Karate, that means either Espio or Ludwig or Zazz is the guest character for this event, cuz those are the only people I could see doing this event or make the most sense

CF5265DA-7C72-467D-BF0D-71D44A573FB9.jpeg

24 minutes ago, MarioKartGamerDude said:

Since Eggman Nega is in Karate, that means either Espio or Ludwig or Zazz is the guest character for this event, cuz those are the only people I could see doing this event or make the most sense

It'd be cool if Ludwig got this spot. It'd fit with his arrogant demeanor and emphasize his skill compared to the other Koopalings.

Then again, Zazz was doing table tennis, so...

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

It'd be cool if Ludwig got this spot. It'd fit with his arrogant demeanor and emphasize his skill compared to the other Koopalings.

Then again, Zazz was doing table tennis, so...

I can see Ludwig doing Fencing, I did think he’d be in Archery or maybe Gymnastics but Fencing works 

Zazz is a tough one cuz since they are changing everyone around, he might be somewhere else, I just can’t tell where, the same goes for everyone else. 

13 hours ago, MarioKartGamerDude said:

I can see Ludwig doing Fencing, I did think he’d be in Archery or maybe Gymnastics but Fencing works 

Zazz is a tough one cuz since they are changing everyone around, he might be somewhere else, I just can’t tell where, the same goes for everyone else. 

I suppose that's true.

Of course, Zazz is such a weird one to place in general. He's like a impish Waluigi--where would you put him specifically?

16 hours ago, MarioKartGamerDude said:

On 9/19/2019 at 1:18 AM, The Famous Sonic said:

We know that Rouge is exclusive to Sport Climbing, Zavok is exclusive to Boxing, Rosalina is exclusive to Surfing and Eggman Nega is exclusive to Karate. 

Why Karate?

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I suppose that's true.

Of course, Zazz is such a weird one to place in general. He's like a impish Waluigi--where would you put him specifically?

Why Karate?

Idk why he’s in Karate, I figured Espio would be there but he’s not lol 

but yeah Eggman Nega is in Karate so we’ll just have to wait until maybe next month for them to reveal everything else

4 minutes ago, MarioKartGamerDude said:

Idk why he’s in Karate, I figured Espio would be there but he’s not lol 

but yeah Eggman Nega is in Karate so we’ll just have to wait until maybe next month for them to reveal everything else

Yeah.

Or any of the Deadly Six, really. Zavok is already Boxing with his body type sorta justify that choice, so Zazz or frickin Zeena would've work.

Sigh, I guess it's a step towards making Nega more segregated from Eggman himself at least.

Here's the Boss Characters in Story Mode

Piranha Plant is in Badminton

Chain Chomp is in Table Tennis

King Boo and 3 Boos is in Rugby Sevens and Football

Topper (from Super Mario Odyssey) is in Dream Karate

King K Rool is in Boxing

E-10000B and E-10000G is in Dream Racing

Heavy King is in Fencing

Metal Sonic 3.0 is in 100m Dash

Tails Doll is in 110m Hurdles

Metal Knuckles is in Karate

9 minutes ago, Waluigi Smash said:

Here's the Boss Characters in Story Mode

Piranha Plant is in Badminton

Chain Chomp is in Table Tennis

King Boo and 3 Boos is in Rugby Sevens and Football

Topper (from Super Mario Odyssey) is in Dream Karate

King K Rool is in Boxing

E-10000B and E-10000G is in Dream Racing

Heavy King is in Fencing

Metal Sonic 3.0 is in 100m Dash

Tails Doll is in 110m Hurdles

Metal Knuckles is in Karate

Source?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, BlueSpeedsterYT said:

must've been a leak or something

I think they're just speculating ideas, not confirming anything. They did the same thing a couple times before.

3 hours ago, NegaMetallix said:

I think they're just speculating ideas, not confirming anything. They did the same thing a couple times before.

Speculating is being generous.

Don't ask for a source. You should know just from reading that post that none of those characters are in this game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Diddy, Larry, and Zazz are sticking to their Rio specialties of Rugby, Equestrian, and Table Tennis respectively.

New Screenshots confirming Jet, Diddy Kong, Zazz, and Larry would be returning as guests in the same events from Rio 2016 while Ludwig will be a guest for Fencing!

bit.ly/2mIoWkP

I knew Ludwig would be in Fencing, thought it’s strange that Rosalina isn’t in Gymnastics and Eggman Nega isn’t in Triple Jump or Fencing 

Wonder why they switched it up 

D072A7CE-E7B2-4D75-B6F7-7224997E4A31.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Your Vest Friend said:

The website also hasn't formally listed Zavok among the cast. 

Despite, you know, being in the very first trailer. 

Yeah weird also, 

Espio, Toadette, and Wendy Koopa are the only remaining guests that haven’t been revealed for an event yet, and since some of the events on the website aren’t being shown yet, that just mean one of them has those characters in it! 

the website is showing 4x100 relay so Toadette isn’t in that one, so I’m guessing Wendy will be in Swimming again and Espio will be in Triple Jump again

It’s unclear where Toadette will end up

19 hours ago, Puppergeist CC14 said:

Diddy, Larry, and Zazz are sticking to their Rio specialties of Rugby, Equestrian, and Table Tennis respectively.

Oh, that's why I don't remember Diddy from what I've seen. Wonder why they gave Zazz and Larry Table tennis and Equestrian to begin with.

17 hours ago, MarioKartGamerDude said:

New Screenshots confirming Jet, Diddy Kong, Zazz, and Larry would be returning as guests in the same events from Rio 2016 while Ludwig will be a guest for Fencing!

bit.ly/2mIoWkP

I knew Ludwig would be in Fencing, thought it’s strange that Rosalina isn’t in Gymnastics and Eggman Nega isn’t in Triple Jump or Fencing 

Wonder why they switched it up 

D072A7CE-E7B2-4D75-B6F7-7224997E4A31.jpeg

Ah, called it!

To accommodate the new events, most likely.

1 minute ago, Strong Guy said:

Does anyone get excited when they show off these characters that can only be used in one minigame

I mean one of the draws to these games is getting to see your favorite game characters competing like the best of em. Or the most stylish.

Right but in only one event? I was happy when they showed off Espio in the one game and then learned he could only do long jump or something and just thought the fuck is the point?

Like, Jet would make an awesome character but he can only play soccer sorry. It's stupid.

19 minutes ago, Strong Guy said:

Right but in only one event? I was happy when they showed off Espio in the one game and then learned he could only do long jump or something and just thought the fuck is the point?

Like, Jet would make an awesome character but he can only play soccer sorry. It's stupid.

Oh, I thought you were being sincere.

I hope they show off another trailer soon, like the Opening Movie or an English version of that Overview Trailer 

Or better yet, a demo! 

10 hours ago, Strong Guy said:

In the mobile version, which is still a very fine game, it seems like the minor Sonic cast will get to shine in every event. The trailer shows Jet in 110m hurdles, and there was a screen of Zavok in Javelin throw, so at least in that version there are no restrictions I think? Sad about the Mario cast tho.

I still really like both versions, but I don't mind the simplified mobile one, it has online, no character restrictions, various cool events, the gimmicky events, a story mode. No Dream Events though.