Awoo.

Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Announced

tailsBOOM!

11 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

Wow! Sega has seen that MarioKartGamerDude is so interested in the game and promoted it on his twitter, so much that Sega gave him a review code of the full game. Holy crap! Guess next time I'll promote the games too.

Hey yeah it was indeed a surprise for me! 

• Promotion 1

8 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

Basically everyone aside from the usual 20. Buuuut, you can play as Espio in every event in the mobile ver.

Damn. Why do they keep doing this?

Toadette and Bowser gets new Sport outfit based off Mario Tennis Aces

I Hope for Mario at the Olympic Games Mobile version

A fourth Mario Mobile game, Following Super Mario Run, Dr. Mario World and Mario Kart Tour

6 hours ago, Marcello said:

Damn. Why do they keep doing this?

I think it's a matter of programming over 20 characters into 24 events, plus 8 characters into 10 retro events, plus the minigames for a single character, there are so many limitations in this game, because of that, also probably making all those animations for every character.

In fact, the mobile game doesn't have the Mario cast, and there are less events so it's easier to implement the rest of the Sonic cast.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

You can play as the Sonic guest characters in all events in the mobile version. The characters that are playable in the mobile version are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Vector, Silver, Blaze, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Espio, Rouge, Jet and Zavok. Cream and Charmy are not confirmed yet. I don't know if Zazz is in it. There will be no Mario characters. 

No Eggman Nega then? Aw well. At least we've got him for karate in the Switch version.

Btw, the rivals/guests/bosses are really a minor thing in this game, for real, they cut several characters leaving some sports who had them in Rio… left with nothing, for example Nabbit in 100m, Toad in 4x100 relay, Dry Bowser in Javelin throw, Sticks in archery, despite that these sports are still included in the game, really weird, also there are less guests than even Rio Wii-U, and no guests for the Dream Events… it's really a lazy decision. Also other cut charaters include Roy Koopa, Omega and Wave, who could have appeared in new sports. Oh, and Big, who was a cameo, seems absent from this one.

So… DLC maybe? I wish, but likely not...

Plus, the ugliest part of the game: those unique and cute team victory animations have been cut 😕

I occurs to me that some Sonic characters have weird proportions for certain outfits.

Waitaminute...

EGL0snMXkAAqGgh?format=jpg&name=small

Image result for sonic comic 239

17 hours ago, Waluigi Smash said:

Lol Dr. Nega. :lol: "Grumpy old man getting the mail," indeed.

And I see Zazz is still getting his promo art adapted.

12 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

Btw, the rivals/guests/bosses are really a minor thing in this game, for real, they cut several characters leaving some sports who had them in Rio… left with nothing, for example Nabbit in 100m, Toad in 4x100 relay, Dry Bowser in Javelin throw, Sticks in archery, despite that these sports are still included in the game, really weird, also there are less guests than even Rio Wii-U, and no guests for the Dream Events… it's really a lazy decision. Also other cut charaters include Roy Koopa, Omega and Wave, who could have appeared in new sports. Oh, and Big, who was a cameo, seems absent from this one.

Woah woah woah, they cut Dry Bowser and Omega too? :confused: 

12 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

So… DLC maybe? I wish, but likely not...

Plus, the ugliest part of the game: those unique and cute team victory animations have been cut 😕

Okay, yeah that does suck. Especially when it should be easier.

17 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

Do we know that for sure?

3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Do we know that for sure?

Yep. I looked up footage of the game and one of the first I found was for rowing with Silver and Blaze as a team (who had a team victory animation in Rio). No team victory animation. 

Don't get me wrong, this game is still awesome and packed with content, I'm really gonna enjoy it, but they did cut bits of features here and here, but the highlight for now are the Dream events, the new sports, the retro ones and the story mode, plus online. There's plenty of great stuff.

3 hours ago, Dr Egg-Gin said:

Minor game spoiler. 

Hide contents

EGXaxYZWwAApE5e?format=jpg&name=large

Ekikikiki.

I honestly don't know how to feel about that. :lol: 

On 10/8/2019 at 2:21 AM, Dr Egg-Gin said:

Yep. I looked up footage of the game and one of the first I found was for rowing with Silver and Blaze as a team (who had a team victory animation in Rio). No team victory animation. 

Oh yeah that was my video lol 

On 10/8/2019 at 12:38 PM, Dr Egg-Gin said:

Minor game spoiler. 

Hide contents

EGXaxYZWwAApE5e?format=jpg&name=large

Ekikikiki.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:58 PM, DabigRG said:

I honestly don't know how to feel about that. :lol: 

17 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

That's funny

Okay, low key, I honestly didn't notice Eggman's inclusion there.

:grimacing:

Apperently according some twitter dude the story is intricate and there are different interactions depending on who you have in your party

14 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Apperently according some twitter dude the story is intricate and there are different interactions depending on who you have in your party

I mean, the trailer has Luigi show Dr. Nega among others the game, so I would hope so. Not to mention you should be able to use different characters anyway.

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Woah. I didn't expect it to be so big honestly.

As for the Shadow trivia, I'm gonna give my 2 cents on it before anyone else (here):

Spoiler

I really don't think his backstory is not canon anymore. Doesn't it say Shadow was born on the ARK? So what's the matter? The mystery part... yeah, not sure, it could be because few people actually know Shadow's past, or because SEGA is planning a remake of the Adventure saga? Or a new game to explore Shadow's past again in a new way, thus cancelling the SA2 past? I hope not, but seems like they got plans, or else, the past is still canon but you won't see it mentioned often, it's played as vague.

Spoiler

I think some fans are taking the Shadow trivia too seriously. This isn't a main Sonic game and these cards were made just to highlight little fun facts about the characters...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

Woah. I didn't expect it to be so big honestly.

As for the Shadow trivia, I'm gonna give my 2 cents on it before anyone else (here):

Hide contents

I really don't think his backstory is not canon anymore. Doesn't it say Shadow was born on the ARK? So what's the matter? The mystery part... yeah, not sure, it could be because few people actually know Shadow's past, or because SEGA is planning a remake of the Adventure saga? Or a new game to explore Shadow's past again in a new way, thus cancelling the SA2 past? I hope not, but seems like they got plans, or else, the past is still canon but you won't see it mentioned often, it's played as vague.

45 minutes ago, Cayenne said:
  Hide contents

I think some fans are taking the Shadow trivia too seriously. This isn't a main Sonic game and these cards were made just to highlight little fun facts about the characters...

This

Its a spin off game blurb written from the perspective of a sports writer. While I do think the things you are concerned about @Tangled Jack are valid, and if not implemented at some point were definitely thought about,   and there might be reboot-ish thing coming on the horizon sooner than some think. I don't think this thing specifically the start of that, its just a spin off game about the Olympics. No need to burden people with extensive lore.

What Shadow trivia? 

6 hours ago, Dr Egg-Gin said:

And with the latest site update, every guest character has been revealed...except Espio. 

Did they seriously reuse art for Bowser Jr? 

It also seems that Zazz is still doing table tennis. 

Bit of a shame that Master Zik and Pom Pom didn't make it in, but ah well.