Awoo.

Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Announced

tailsBOOM!

3 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Why is it that I keep beating Bowser at the Marathon but it keeps saying Bowser won? 

Either it wants to keep Bowser's ego high or Eggman programmed that cheat into the game. Or both.

19 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Why is it that I keep beating Bowser at the Marathon but it keeps saying Bowser won? 

Did you come in first in the Marathon? 

2 hours ago, MarioKartGamerDude said:

Did you come in first in the Marathon? 

Its fine. I figured it out.

I've beaten the story and I still feel like I may revisit it one day. Thats a feeling I've not felt since London 2012.

Check out my Silver voice!

also on my channel too! Mario and Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games- Silver Voice Demo Showcase (Reupload)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2020 at 5:54 PM, Force Gaming said:

Oh hey... It's that...

Really tho, if it's the same as the Rio 2016 arcade game then this is a bad sign

• 2 weeks later...

Pfft, no interest in that Olympic game. There's nothing that game can do to-
HOLY SHIT THAT Sonic adventure Dr. EGGMAN THEME REMIX IN THE TRAILER.

Damnit game, don't start charming me now.

• Chuckle 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've just realised something. If the Tokyo 2020 Olympics gets cancelled due to the Coronavirus, that means that Mario and Sonic Tokyo 2020 will be the first Mario and Sonic game to be based on an Olympics that never happened! 

On 3/5/2020 at 3:06 PM, The Famous Sonic said:

I've just realised something. If the Tokyo 2020 Olympics gets cancelled due to the Coronavirus, that means that Mario and Sonic Tokyo 2020 will be the first Mario and Sonic game to be based on an Olympics that never happened! 

Oh shit, that's awful!

How might that impact the sales, I also wonder?

On 2/14/2020 at 1:44 PM, Waluigi Smash said:

You can play as Eggman Nega and Zazz in all events for Mobile Version

Where does it say?  

I thought that part with Tails on the trampoline said something else, for a second.

Sonic at the Olympic games Tokyo 2020 for mobile will most likely get cancelled since the actual Tokyo Olympics will most likely not go ahead this year and may move to 2022. This will mean that this will be the first time since the early 90s that both the winter and summer Olympics will take place in the same year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's official. The Tokyo 2020 Olympics is cancelled and will now take place next year. I bet Nintendo is gonna recall this game. 

There's no point at this stage, the main game has been out for months and the mobile game is sticking to its May 7th release date. 

• Thumbs Up 1

No one cared about this game, it's a bomb, so they will probably just forget about it. No idea for the mobile tie in...

10 hours ago, Jack at the Cinema said:

No one cared about this game, it's a bomb, so they will probably just forget about it. No idea for the mobile tie in...

Is it?

On 3/25/2020 at 9:38 PM, DabigRG said:

Is it?

Not sure if I’d call it a bomb personally, but considering it barely showed up in any sales charts across the world (did it even chart at all in the NPD sales?) I’m not sure it did that well.

Still strange to think that this a Mario & Sonic Olympics game about a summer games event that isn’t even happening this year. o_o

1 hour ago, Gabz Girl said:

Not sure if I’d call it a bomb personally, but considering it barely showed up in any sales charts across the world (did it even chart at all in the NPD sales?) I’m not sure it did that well.

Still strange to think that this a Mario & Sonic Olympics game about a summer games event that isn’t even happening this year. o_o

Yeah, that is kinda harsh.

Likely impacted the appeal as well.

• 4 weeks later...

New trailer for the bosses! Some observations...

- Espio is a boss, uh? Okay.

- Sweet Gods of Music, those remixes... I noticed "Free" as Jet theme, plus the usual themes for Zavok (Deadly Six), Rouge (Security Hall), Eggman theme from SA1, the rest I don't recognise, Eggman Nega is some Rush Adventure track. I'm curious to know what the other remixes are.

- Shadow and Zazz (who is missing in this trailer), appeared as silhouette bosses in the first trailer. Zazz is obviously still in the game despite the fact there is no gameplay of him, he's in the website roster...

- Don't let me down Sega but... in every trailer before this, they only showed gameplay of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Blaze, Vector and Silver. I hope I'm wrong and they aren't exclusive again. I don't want Eggman and Metal Sonic especially, in 1 event only.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't know why I was notified, but okay

1 hour ago, Jack at Home said:

New trailer for the bosses! Some observations...

- Espio is a boss, uh? Okay.

He was a rival in the previous game.

- Sweet Gods of Music, those remixes... I noticed "Free" as Jet theme, plus the usual themes for Zavok (Deadly Six), Rouge (Security Hall), Eggman theme from SA1,

Zavok is the Death Queen remix of his own Battle theme. Metal is likewise the remix of his US CD fight.

the rest I don't recognise, Eggman Nega is some Rush Adventure track. I'm curious to know what the other remixes are.

Espio is just an instrumental Team Chaotix.

- Shadow and Zazz (who is missing in this trailer), appeared as silhouette bosses in the first trailer. Zazz is obviously still in the game despite the fact there is no gameplay of him, he's in the website roster...

- Don't let me down Sega but... in every trailer before this, they only showed gameplay of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Blaze, Vector and Silver. I hope I'm wrong and they aren't exclusive again. I don't want Eggman and Metal Sonic especially, in 1 event only.

At the very least, they appear to be doing new events with them, so maybe.

2 hours ago, Jack at Home said:

Sweet Gods of Music, those remixes... I noticed "Free" as Jet theme, plus the usual themes for Zavok (Deadly Six), Rouge (Security Hall), Eggman theme from SA1, the rest I don't recognise, Eggman Nega is some Rush Adventure track. I'm curious to know what the other remixes are.

I always enjoy when they do new remixes. The music from this will be great, hope it gets a soundtrack version like Runners.

Time for Hint:

Cream goes to 200m and Archery

Jet goes to BMX

Espio goes to Long Jump

Zazz goes to Table Tennis

Omega goes to Javelin Throw 

Metal Sonic goes to Shooting

Eggman goes to Trampoline

33 minutes ago, Waluigi Smash said:

Time for Hint:

Cream goes to 200m and Archery

Jet goes to BMX

Espio goes to Long Jump

Zazz goes to Table Tennis

Omega goes to Javelin Throw 

Metal Sonic goes to Shooting

Eggman goes to Trampoline

Sorry, I don't follow.

Hint to what? The trailer literally showed them playable in a different event than what you said. Cream and Omega aren't playable, in fact, Omega isn't in the game at all. I'm not sure where Cream is, but she's in apparently.

And we don't know if they are guests again or fully playable. But guest Eggman and Metal Sonic? Doubt it.

Anyway, for a mobile app, this one really sounds packed with stuff, with 16 characters, 15 sports, lots of EX events, lots of minigames, challenges, boss battles, a mini-story mode, online features, badges, what did I forget? Oh, the remixes of course. It's a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Mobile version of 2020 is now in app stores! Do note the game is currently in maintenance and the official Twitter will update when it's back up.

Edit: Game is back up.