Awoo.

Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Announced

tailsBOOM!

Spoiler

The continued lack of Omega in these current Olympics disturbs me. Like, you couldn't have replaced Zazz with the big lug? Like, shit. We needed two zeti up in this bitch yet again. 

Sticks being out doesn't surprise me. I know Iizuka muttered some shit about utilizing her some more but we should know by now that whether that's true or not depends on the 50/50 chance that he's either saying what he wants to do or saying what has an actual chance of happening. He'll say you'll definitely see the werehog again but it won't happen. He'll say the wisps will return and it does happen. Depends.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, DabigRG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Heavy King isn't getting in regardless and Infinite is considered unknown at the least. Chaos is a better question, especially in comparison to Metal.

Of course, you're late to the punch, as those two were in Rio.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh but of course they wouldn't, yet they can put Sticks in the previous Olympic title despite Classic characters crossing over with Modern ones in main series titles and multiple mobile game releases.

I know they were. They're still horrible and somehow got in over someone like E-123 Omega. Stop trying to make Zazz and Zavok happen, they're never gonna happen.

Personally, I feel like a title like the Olympics is the sort of game where canon and continuity should be thrown to wind. Hence why I think Sticks being in 2016 is great, and why the idea of say bringing in characters from the Classic side shouldn't be a problem. It's a shame that a game like this couldn't have a bigger roster, as it would allow more obscure characters to shine.

15 minutes ago, MainJP said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Oh but of course they wouldn't, yet they can put Sticks in the previous Olympic title despite Classic characters crossing over with Modern ones in main series titles and multiple mobile game releases.

I know they were. They're still horrible and somehow got in over someone like E-123 Omega. Stop trying to make Zazz and Zavok happen, they're never gonna happen.

Spoiler

...Did you leave a huge blank space at the beginning of this or is my browser messing up?

Anyway, Sticks is a unique character who can actually say and do things, on top of apparently being designed by SonicTeam to begin with.

3 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

Personally, I feel like a title like the Olympics is the sort of game where canon and continuity should be thrown to wind. Hence why I think Sticks being in 2016 is great, and why the idea of say bringing in characters from the Classic side shouldn't be a problem. It's a shame that a game like this couldn't have a bigger roster, as it would allow more obscure characters to shine.

Oh, I can agree.

I just think it's better to use distinct characters. Which Classic really only has five to pick from.

36 minutes ago, DabigRG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

...Did you leave a huge blank space at the beginning of this or is my browser messing up?

Anyway, Sticks is a unique character who can actually say and do things, on top of apparently being designed by SonicTeam to begin with.

Oh, I can agree.

I just think it's better to use distinct characters. Which Classic really only has five to pick from.

I agree. I'm not clamouring for Classic Sonic, or Boom Sonic/Tails/Amy. Maybe Knuckles cause he is so different from regular Knuckles, IMHO. But it would be cool to see characters from Sonic lines turn in, in a perfect universe where a Sonic game like the Olympics or Team Sonic Racing had the budget to afford a large cast of characters. The odds of it are near nil, but I would love them to have Tangle or Whisper from the IDW comics, just to give that a boost, especially since with no TV show, and currently no other games announced, it would actually be something relevant to bring into proceedings. Again, chances are near nil, but I can dream.

I still want to know who at Sonic Team either loves the Deadly Six so much, or is convinced that the public are clamouring for more of the Deadly Six? Are they alot more popular in Japan maybe? I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

I still want to know who at Sonic Team either loves the Deadly Six so much, or is convinced that the public are clamouring for more of the Deadly Six? Are they alot more popular in Japan maybe? I have no idea.

Your guess is as good as mine.

At the most basic, I assume it's that and/or simply a matter of someone agreed there should be more recurring villains in Sonic, but when Lost World wasn't received well, they just lumped Zavok and occasionally Zazz into spinoffs.

Okay let’s analyze this...there are 24 events and only 12 guests characters...that’s not enough guest for each event...so that means either 

A. Multiple Repeat Guests in each event 

B. Some events won’t have guests 

C. They are fully playable in every event this time

0946E054-898E-4A7B-AD96-7D68E9FB1185.jpeg

45FA20C2-679F-408F-9AAF-96626833B32D.jpeg

Guys, I think that these new characters ARE guests and here’s why 

Toadette is super small and other characters such as Eggman or Bowser are way too big, she won’t be able to land any punches or kicks to them in Boxing or Karate! 

50914913-2509-43E6-8F95-20A238434BC6.jpeg

47781D13-7DC8-4D04-87F5-51D674FEEB97.jpeg

13 hours ago, MarioKartGamerDude said:

Okay let’s analyze this...there are 24 events and only 12 guests characters...that’s not enough guest for each event...so that means either 

A. Multiple Repeat Guests in each event 

B. Some events won’t have guests 

C. They are fully playable in every event this time

0946E054-898E-4A7B-AD96-7D68E9FB1185.jpeg

45FA20C2-679F-408F-9AAF-96626833B32D.jpeg

Multiple event guest characters was a thing in London--Dr. NEGA for example could challenge you a second time for a different sticker.

34 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Multiple event guest characters was a thing in London--Dr. NEGA for example could challenge you a second time for a different sticker.

True, and I have more evidence for them being Guests; 

Toadette is super small and other characters such as Eggman or Bowser are way too big, she won’t be able to land any punches or kicks to them in Boxing or Karate! 

I feel like we don't need evidence that they're guests. That seems like the natural, appropriate assumption to make. 

I'll just say that this is shaping up to be the first of these Olympic games I may actually look forward to. That's an upgrade from my reaction to Rio which was to ignore it. 

I only ever pick the Sonic characters so the roster's like half what it is whenever I'm playing.

1 hour ago, MarioKartGamerDude said:

True, and I have more evidence for them being Guests; 

Toadette is super small and other characters such as Eggman or Bowser are way too big, she won’t be able to land any punches or kicks to them in Boxing or Karate! 

Um, you said that already.

And it's not like characters like Tails, Yoshi, and Bowser Jr. don't toe the line anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Um, you said that already.

And it's not like characters like Tails, Yoshi, and Bowser Jr. don't toe the line anyway.

Honestly, I don't even feel like the size thing is all that big an issue. 

Like, they can account for the size differences between characters like Tails and Bowser Jr. with characters like Eggman and regular Bowser. 

I dunno. I'm not fretting over it either way. It's just the Olympics. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I dunno. I'm not fretting over it either way. It's just the Olympics. 

Says fatasses and noodle people.

I'm honestly pretty stoked about getting to play as 

Spoiler

Eggman Nega.

Regular Eggman is still gonna be my main, but it's nice to have two Eggmen on the roster.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just realized there are no signs of playable Miis in the games.

Where are my Miis? I wanted to dress them up in ridiculous costumes again. :(

16 minutes ago, Menace2Society said:

I just realized there are no signs of playable Miis in the games.

Where are my Miis? I wanted to dress them up in ridiculous costumes again. :(

Like the Zavok costume where the mouth is stretch super wide so your face can show? 

So new trailer pop up today,  they mentioned unlockable characters but didn’t specifically say guests or fully playable characters lol

Now we gotta wait a week for the Tokyo Game Show till we find out lol

On 9/2/2019 at 1:49 AM, DabigRG said:

Like the Zavok costume where the mouth is stretch super wide so your face can show? 

Pretty late reply, but yes.

The Big, Chao, and Zazz costumes were exactly like this, too. Lol

Just now, Menace2Society said:

Pretty late reply, but yes.

The Big, Chao, and Zazz costumes were exactly like this, too. Lol

...You know, I drew attention to that one because of how it emphasizes the character's already odd build, but those are honestly creepier.

GUYS....LOOK WHAT I FOUND! 

A126B0DA-C17E-4386-9516-28D1BD96931F.jpeg

966CC378-FA8C-473E-B6CB-F7DDF325B2FE.jpeg

Sorry guys, guests are indeed coming back, in this link and you translate the words 

Eggman Nega will be a guest character in Karate 

Rosalina is just in Surfing 

Rouge is stuck in Sports Climbing 

https://t.co/Viq0FWVfTf

• Thumbs Up 1