Awoo.

Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Announced

tailsBOOM!

7 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

Seriously why are they doing the guests thing again? That was one of the things people complained about in Rio 2016! 

I'm sure they complained because of how limited they were. It's like a tease, basically.

46 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I'm sure they complained because of how limited they were. It's like a tease, basically.

I’m sure SEGA knows about this, I just don’t get why they don’t fix this issue! 

4 minutes ago, The Famous Sonic said:

Why can't the guests be playable in all events? Some of the guests that were in Rio got scrapped! 

Just now, MarioKartGamerDude said:

I’m sure SEGA knows about this, I just don’t get why they don’t fix this issue! 

Could be some sort of limitations. Although I suppose it's possible that the guests we do have left could be playable in two events now.

43 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Could be some sort of limitations. Although I suppose it's possible that the guests we do have left could be playable in two events now.

I can see Jet since Dream Racing is like Sonic Riders but still, could’ve at least but in 8 characters in, 4 from each team especially the ones who’s deserved to be in this since London lol 

Makes me wonder how they can have this much limitations 

26 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Why is she in her Riders outfit, this was an opportunity for a new outfit...

Whatevs, it's still sporty.

Lara Croft?

I hope this game has a CGI intro like the first 3 games. The intro for Rio 2016 wasn't that good since it was in game graphics. 

Wait, why did they show Mario and Sonic Tokyo 2020 yesterday? I thought it was gonna be shown off on Thursday tonight and then again on Saturday? 

7 minutes ago, Waluigi Smash said:

Metropolis from Forces looks good. At least for now, the game isn't forgotten.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:07 PM, MarioAmigosYT said:

I think that, due to the nature of the Switch itself, that we might get the hybrid Mario and Sonic version for the first time, combining everything from the console versions with the handheld versions too.

Huh, would you look at that?

On 9/5/2019 at 12:48 AM, MainJP said:

She looks nice.

DTlGqL5.png

Nice to know she still has a chest. It's hard enough drawing her as styles change

Who is the bigger producer in this Nintendo or Sega. I have a hard time believing Sega can make a game this nice looking.  Or is it 50 50

54 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Who is the bigger producer in this Nintendo or Sega. I have a hard time believing Sega can make a game this nice looking.  Or is it 50 50

What's that supposed to mean?

To answer the question the console games have all been developed by Sega (Sega Sports R&D), and then published by Nintendo. So the split is probably closer to 90/10 with Nintendo reps doing oversight.

Oddly enough, I'm seeing that this Tokyo release is also being published by Sega... how did that happen? Where did Nintendo go here or is this a regional deal? (I think Sega published some of the older ones in specific regions)

37 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

What's that supposed to mean?

To answer the question the console games have all been developed by Sega (Sega Sports R&D), and then published by Nintendo. So the split is probably closer to 90/10 with Nintendo reps doing oversight.

Oddly enough, I'm seeing that this Tokyo release is also being published by Sega... how did that happen? Where did Nintendo go here or is this a regional deal? (I think Sega published some of the older ones in specific regions)

Just that it looks good.  How it has such a shine and details. Compared to say forces everything here just looks like a lot of love was put into it

Sonic games tend to come with a number of flaws, but art direction and visual fidelity are usually not one of them. It shouldn't be especially surprising that Mario and Sonic looks as good as it does.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope for Guest Characters from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Trailer

The Guest Characters hint is...

Nabbit is in 100m Dash

Infinite the Jackal is in 110m Hurdles

Toadette is in 4x100m Relay

Dry Bowser is in Javelin Throw and Dream Shooting

E-123 Omega is in Discus Throw

Ludwig is in Badminton

Wave is in Skateboarding

Jet is in Football and Dream Racing

Wendy is in Swimming

Larry is in Equestrian

Dry Bones is in Fencing and Dream Karate

Chaos Zero is in Canoeing

Birdo is in Floor Gymnastics

Diddy is in Rugby Sevens

Zazz is in Table Tennis

Sticks is in Archery

Okay, going off from what we’ve seen, it seems as if some events will not have any of the guest characters.

Look, 100m doesn’t have the question mark icon while Sports Climbing does! 

So that means the characters that were leaked won’t be in multiples events like we thought they’d be. 

Which kinda sucks to be honest

(sigh) I was really hoping to have an expanded roster this time around 

Wish we could ask them why this is a thing again or they could tell us in like a release statement 

D67D376E-4821-494B-8AA3-2B9EEE50EA2B.jpeg

95E5841F-0E1F-43D9-ACFF-76FA64CE7246.jpeg