tailsBOOM!

Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games

I saw some pics and videos, Triple Jump and Swimming has guest icons so it’s assuming that Espio and Wendy will be there again 

still unsure where Toadette will be since 4x100 relay doesn’t have a guest icon 

Whoa, they let Sonic talk this time!

All the other Olympic story modes made him silent. Good on them for changing that.

It's a shame Luigi is still silent, though. Guy speaks in full text dialogue in the mainline Mario platformers and the Paper Mario games. There is no reason to not let him say things. I understand limiting Mario to voice clips and little short phrases, but Luigi has a precedent for being talkative. Games that make him silent just feel so arbitrary.

5 hours ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Games that make him silent just feel so arbitrary.

Luigi only talks when he's not playable and that's very consistent.

The only game that doesn't follow that rule is Super Paper Mario, in favor of...being consistent with the other Paper Mario games.

13 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Luigi only talks when he's not playable and that's very consistent.

The only game that doesn't follow that rule is Super Paper Mario, in favor of...being consistent with the other Paper Mario games.

Luigi offers plenty of first-person commentary via the Game Boy Horror in Luigi's Mansion.

He also talks in some of the spinoff games, like Fortune Street (a game where even Mario had text dialogue). Even Mario and Luigi lets him talk under certain circumstances, like when he's

Spoiler

disguised as Peach, or through his subconscious in Dream's Deep.

It's inconsistent and - personally - I believe he should be allowed to just talk all the time. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Even Mario and Luigi lets him talk under certain circumstances, like when he's...

3 in game exceptions don't really break the rules, though that Luigi's Mansion example may as well be inner thoughts.

But otherwise it is consistent overall. Luigi only ever talks in those specific cases, when he's not playable.

Maybe he should be allowed to talk all the time, but those who don't let him just chose to do it that way as they obviously have the option.

43 minutes ago, Dr Egg-Gin said:

So now the full roster has been leaked...by the company themselves in a public tweet. 

Is it really a leak at that point? 

Tails vs Peach? Blaze vs Bowser Jr? 

Zavok vs Toadette?! 

Wow! Sega has seen that MarioKartGamerDude is so interested in the game and promoted it on his twitter, so much that Sega gave him a review code of the full game. Holy crap! Guess next time I'll promote the games too.

15 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Who are the guests? Please don't tell me Espio is locked to one event again -_-

Basically everyone aside from the usual 20. Buuuut, you can play as Espio in every event in the mobile ver.

You can play as the Sonic guest characters in all events in the mobile version. The characters that are playable in the mobile version are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Vector, Silver, Blaze, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Espio, Rouge, Jet and Zavok. Cream and Charmy are not confirmed yet. I don't know if Zazz is in it. There will be no Mario characters. 

1 hour ago, The Famous Sonic said:

You can play as the Sonic guest characters in all events in the mobile version. The characters that are playable in the mobile version are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Vector, Silver, Blaze, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Espio, Rouge, Jet and Zavok. Cream and Charmy are not confirmed yet. I don't know if Zazz is in it. There will be no Mario characters. 

Cream and Charmy are referees anyway. 

Not sure why Jazz wouldn't be in. 

Just now, Dr. Franken-Mike said:

Well, I dunno. Do they typically play a lot of Jazz in Tokyo? Maybe the sax gets the Olympic spirit up over there.

Sassin frassin autocorrect!