Awoo.

April Fools 2019

DiamondX

Since it's already April 1st In Japan, companies already started making jokes. Share the best ones here.

1. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle

sadbz6fz8hp21.png?width=363&auto=webp&s=

"Dokkan Fighting", an 8-bit minigame was teased for Dokkan. It will help you remember the good old days in the old video game graphics. (it's not real sadly)

Alongside it, new Goku and new Vegeta cards were released. Even their S. Attacks are pixelated.

2. Ryu Wa Gotoku/Yakuza

A Yakuza RPG was teased featuring the Online protagonist instead of Kiryu Kazuma. For all we know this might end up being Shin Yakuza. 

• Thumbs Up 3

674-F02-EE-1439-47-EA-A0-D7-F9-DC73-CACC

April 1st just happens to be the anniversary of the Pokemon anime in Japan.

When using Pokemon GO's photo mode on April 1st, your pictures have a chance of being photobombed by none other than good ol’ Ash (instead of the usual Smeargle). Besides being a cute little thing for the anime fans, each time you also get the chance to catch a Partner Cap Pikachu (Pikachu wearing Ash’s hat), which has been available in the game on other occassions, but now has a chance of being shiny.

• Thumbs Up 6

I still don't like April Fools threads. Where's the fun if we're not being tricked? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I still don't like April Fools threads. Where's the fun if we're not being tricked? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I see your point, but I can't say I've been fooled in a long time anyway. Especially when it comes to the goofy stuff companies do for it. XP

This is pretty cool since a lot of people joked about these two crossing over/swapping like this, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

After getting tricked a few times last year, I'm not believing a thing this time as far a supposed "reveals" go. But last year, I wasn't even aware that even the entire internet does these jokes. Convincing too.

I don't like being tricked, but now that I know literally everything is a joke on April 1st. I'll just look around to see what jokes everyone's doing. Maybe I'll join in on the joke. LOL.

6 hours ago, DiamondX said:

Since it's already April 1st In Japan, companies already started making jokes. Share the best ones here.

1. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle

sadbz6fz8hp21.png?width=363&auto=webp&s=

"Dokkan Fighting", an 8-bit minigame was teased for Dokkan. It will help you remember the good old days in the old video game graphics. (it's not real sadly)

Alongside it, new Goku and new Vegeta cards were released. Even their S. Attacks are pixelated.

To add onto this, they even did an eight-bit version of the intro music:

I've heard two different stories about the name of the event, some have said it's called Dokkan Budoten (as a reference to the series) whilst others saying it's called fighting, with the sprites for the new Goku and Vegeta being ripped directly a Game Boy Colour game:

Here's the card-arts done for the prank - 

latest?cb=20190331174357 latest?cb=20190331174507

• Thumbs Up 2

An update to my earlier post - the global version of Dokkan Battle just got a database update confirmed that the cards are in fact named "Dokkan Budoten" so it seems to be a two-fold reference - One to Legendary Super Warriors (the GBC game the sprites are based on) and Super Budoten on SNES (The original fighting games for DBZ)

8 hours ago, Marcello said:

The fun of April Fools, to me, isn't pranks/getting pranked. It's the creative and goofy things that people come up with. The stuff that's so ridiculous that it's not true, but still hilarious all the same. April Fools is seeing what would happen if memes had depth to them. All this stuff is probably passed off as a completely normal thing, but still. You don't have to be tricked to get some laughs and/or have fun.

For example, I remember a gag Google/YouTube did 8 years ago. The April Fools gag a special filter on YouTube videos that made it look like they were from 1911. I knew it was obviously a joke, so I wasn't fooled, but I still had a amusing time seeing certain videos with that filter turned on.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you're not being offensive, mean and/or harmful with what you're doing, then go ahead and do it however you want.

• Thumbs Up 7

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

An update to my earlier post - the global version of Dokkan Battle just got a database update confirmed that the cards are in fact named "Dokkan Budoten" so it seems to be a two-fold reference - One to Legendary Super Warriors (the GBC game the sprites are based on) and Super Budoten on SNES (The original fighting games for DBZ)

Any idea how we unlock the cards or are we gonna be gifted them after?

55 minutes ago, The Master said:

Any idea how we unlock the cards or are we gonna be gifted them after?

They’ll be gifted later - usually they’re given out as apologies along with about 25 stones for the feature not being real.

There will be a new event too where you farm the cards, as datamines revealed they have their own hidden potential orbs.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Kirby is cube and Qbby is round now.

Shaped like an enemy...

Anyway, this holiday has become a bit of a salty one for me ever since Fighting layer EX got announced (and actually made) since now I see all the cool ideas done by some companies and I want them to be real. Like the Yakuza turn based game.

Then again, we also get some cool events for certain sites or games so that's cool, apparently you can play Snake (the Nokia game, not to be confused with its Solid, Liquid, Solidus, Venom, Naked, Punished, Old among other varieties) on Google Maps but it's not as cool as the previous versions of the Map "prank".

I don't think anyone can top this one.

The best April Fools jokes for me are the ones that make you legitimately doubt if it's actually fake even when you know it is ahead of time. Like... This looks like an actual legit Splatoon mobile spin-off, even if there are small details that indicate lack of polish, mainly animations.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh hey, there was an Nintendo Direct today!

Also, Fire Emblem Heroes is getting a special hero...

Sonic HQ April Fools

Looks like some details got leaked about the upcoming Sonic movie and future game! Some notable tidbits from the article:

The team at Paramount has decided to write our own unique story that hasn't been used before in the franchise. This helps to not impede on our artistic freedom. Fans may anticipate a traditional origin story where Sonic comes from his own world but Sonic was not transported into the human world, he was always a part of the human world

the game will use the same character model for Sonic that has been shown from the movie leaks.

frame-rate will be capped at a solid 30fps with only minor drops during levels with water. Schmortega claims that Sega is no longer targeting 60fps as gamers only are interested in eye candy according to their internal surveys.

B1FC92A4-02FB-4819-A485-523305A91F36.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Candescence said:

I don't think anyone can top this one.

The best April Fools jokes for me are the ones that make you legitimately doubt if it's actually fake even when you know it is ahead of time. Like... This looks like an actual legit Splatoon mobile spin-off, even if there are small details that indicate lack of polish, mainly animations.

Spoiler

That proposal at the end was the most wholesome thing I've ever seen.

Shall I be thankful no one did a huge joke today at school? (Except a teacher who said she was going to do a test but said it was fake minutes later (And I actually already expected that)).

Also, they could made a better Sonic joke, something cool like Sonic Mania 2 or Sonic 5 or real shitty stuff like Sonic Boom: Rise of the Lyric 2 or Sonic Forces 2. Despite I shortly laughed about the idea, they really could made something better and more "real" which could make fans really praying for that happen.

1 minute ago, Solister said:

or real shitty stuff like Sonic Boom: Rise of the Lyric 2 or Sonic Forces 2. 

Sonic 06 Port

I am Confusion