Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Team Up Trailer

Patron

Trailer looks awesome to me.
Must have not payed attention to Mario Kart, I don't recall those games having constant crazy set pieces all the time.Maybe Mario kart 8, but most of the older Mario kart racers are 95% normal racetracks with nice scenery to me.

Either way, Team Sonic racing's probably a game I enjoy.
Except the storyline. Got little faith in that. Telling neither the trailers nor the comics show a hint of it.
It's kinda funny to look at the Sonic Riders zero gravity trailer, released half a year before the game's release, showing as much gameplay and it's mechanics as we only had for Team Sonic racing a month in advance, and having several epic teases for the story as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is kinda the reason, why I do not have much faith in this game. The Sonic Riders games weren't a really a good series from the start, but Sega put a lot more effort into the marketing of those games compare to Team Sonic Racing. There is just hide something from us as they did with Forces. We haven't seen full gameplay of any of the tracks. Only snippets. We haven't seen the story mode or any of the missions of the mission mode. There is just something that Sega doesn't want us to know about it. 

Uh, no, we have seen full gameplay of 3 tracks last year through demos, including Market Street and Ice Mountain whose design I enjoy because there are plenty of tracks, despite them being some of the easiest in the game. Just let them keep surprises, for the tracks and missions, and part of the customization I hope. They are doing a good job now, they are showing music, footage, trailers, stuff, so what's the problem? They did also show the gameplay mechanics last year in a spotlight although the games' graphics and performance sucked at the time, so it didn't really shine. I'm glad they made a trailer showing gameplay, because last one was mostly customization. 

Literally the one thing they didn't show now are the modes… and we know there is a trailer coming for those. Be patient, but they won't reveal everything obviously, they gotta save some tracks for release.

Show me them, if they even exist! Because I for sure can not find them on the internet. Crash has dozens of them on Youtube right now that show us a full track in HD quality and the animation of the characters. 

59 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Show me them. if they even exist! Because I for sure can not find them on the internet. Crash has dozens of them on Youtube right now that show us a full track in HD quality. 

TGS panel footage from last year shows full play-throughs of Wisp Circuit and Market Street. and like Jack said, there is full footage of Ice Mountain floating around too.

Spoiler

here. 5 seconds in youtube search

10 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Post them! Don't tell, show! At this point, you guys are as worst as Sega is! Show don't tell!

Don't get snippy. Your basically asking to be spoon-fed here.

You say that like people are hiding them from you. You cant bash the company for not showing off any of the tracks, and then put next to no effort to see the footage that is not hard to find.

If you type in Sonic Team Racing gameplay into youtube, IGN's full play of the Ice Mountain Track is literally the first thing that comes up.

Spoiler

Here. just cause I am feeling nice

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah this whole 'we've seen no gameplay' argument is kind of stupid. We have multiple gameplay footage shown as has been posted.

And in reference to setpieces, you have the cargoship and orca in Frozen Factory, the balloons in Market Street (which you can even jump on), King Boo in Sandopolis, the giant egg robots in Frozen Junkyrard and the big mother wisp from that Planet Wisp stage. No idea whatsoever what people are on about with the whole "levels look boring because there are no setpieces". Like I understand if you don't like the aesthetic, but there just are setpieces.

And the linear level design is also completely bunk; I've rewatched the gameplay and have no idea what people are on about there either. The Planet Wisp stage, probably the first and most linear level, has two paths halfway through the track, the Frozen Factory level has multiple lanes (either you stay on top and make the jumps or fall into the caverns) which suit each type (the caverns are full of icicles which we saw Big plowed through) and Market Street has multiple lanes (you can go up the lanes to take ramp jumps to go on other paths or stay on the track). So the whole "Team Sonic Racing is too linear" is complete bogus seeing as every track we've seen in its entirety isn't linear.

Like how many people here whining have even watched the gameplay footage? Serious question.

I know I was very harsh to this game initially, but that was when we only had Planet Wisp and no other gameplay footage (and the game was in a bad state; hence the delay). There's no excuse for misinformation at this point.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

I mean Crash Team Racing's tracks don't have big set pieces either and neither do most Mario Kart tracks from what I remember. So the perceived lack of them here isn't very concerning.

• Thumbs Up 1

Despite the continued disappointment with the roster, I am feeling a lot better about the tracks. I'm also at least grateful there is a story, even if its just a bunch of text-boxes so insignificant that so far the only real proof of its existance is a random magazine scan of a PNG of Sonic in Seaside Hill.

I'm certain I'll enjoy playing this more than the Riders games but I do desire the old days of them giving us crazy adventure driven narratives with full on cutscenes in literally everything. Even their racing games.

Oh, please, a small handful of videos are not enough! I still find this very fishy. Compare to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled they really keep much of this game hidden. 

16 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Oh, please, a small handful of videos are not enough! I still find this very fishy. Compare to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled they really keep much of this game hidden. 

They've shown Planet Wisp, Market Street and Frozen Factory in their entirety. We have seen snippets of gameplay now from the majority of the tracks which will be in the game.

Like yeah, I'd like to see another track playthrough, but it hasn't shown considerably less content than CTR is.

6 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

TGS panel footage from last year shows full play-throughs of Wisp Circuit and Market Street. and like Jack said, there is full footage of Ice Mountain floating around too.

Hide contents

here. 5 seconds in youtube search

I won't lie, the Market Street track looks awesome! I think you can actually run on the rooftops if you fall on them after a jump, and probably you can bounce on those awnings too.

Though I'm not excited for the other two, but I admit Ice Mountain has a couple of interesting moments.

If most of the tracks are like Market Street, then it's a win for me (but I'm still a bit disappointed for the roster).

1 hour ago, do a barrel roll said:

*sigh*. Unfortunately, this is probably hinting at the Phantom Ruby being brought back, meaning it's basically confirmed that Dodonpa is Classic Eggman. I knew it.

The Sonic series is already more screwed than it has ever been and the fact that they keep connecting Mania with Modern Sonic games just so they can shoehorn the Classic versions of the characters into Modern games just makes me wish the series collapsed sometimes.

There's a chance that I'm looking too much into this, but the Sonic series basically defines itself entirely by nostalgia at this point, and the Sonic social media is known for giving clues to stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Phantom Ruby and Classic Eggman are in this game.

Why do I even bother.

I think that, considering they said no Sonic Mania DLC (We all know how that turned out), it may be a tease for an Infinite team?

Personally, if he gets one, I hope they put him with Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll so we can reunite Metal Sonic with his old teammates.

Either that, or maybe he can be alongside Heavy King and Classic Eggman?  The sounds that were produced by him appear in Sonic Mania, so I've kind of have a headcanon that he has already travelled once at least to the classic dimension.  Plus, I don't think Eggman would dress up as a Tanooki.

*sigh*. Unfortunately, this is probably hinting at the Phantom Ruby being brought back, meaning it's basically confirmed that Dodonpa is Classic Eggman. I knew it.

How does the red text exploding in a trailer for dramatic effect at all lead to confirmation that Dodonpa is Classic Eggman?

I already don't get how anyone could be possibly believe that anyone from the Classic series or Mania is showing up in this game, period, but even if someone thought that, how does this confirm anything about Dodonpa, the Phantom Ruby, or Classic Eggman?

I know the explosion effect they used makes it look a little bit like the Phantom Ruby cubes but that's clearly not what's happening there. It burst because Eggman drove his car through it with an explosion. The text goes so quick that I didn't even notice it the first 5 times I watched this trailer. And the only reason the text is red is because the title is too. 

If they were going to drop hints about the Phantom Ruby, they'd make it way more prominent and obvious than a blink and you'll miss it thing too.

It's a trailer for a racing game, not the Da Vinci Code. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Boy, I hope not.

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Plus, I don't think Eggman would dress up as a Tanooki.

Wonderful sentence there. :lol: 

• Chuckle 1

There's also the matter of the text not really resembling the Phantom Ruby's design in Forces. If it were actually a hint, they'd probably go with that. 

I get it, some folks are really desperate to blow the ending of Mania Plus into some pivotal canon moment, but... sometimes games just have humour. The sight of Eggman being flung from the cart into the portal was just there because it's funny. It's not another crazy game link. 

• Thumbs Up 4

There is no way they would bring Classic Eggman back into the fray without also loosing the self-restraint to shoehorn Classic Sonic back into the playable roster. If he were in the game; Sega would have fell over themselves to show him off by now.

No Classics are here.

He's probably just an Eggman robot, unless all the hints are red herrings (which would be amazing, especially since I'm very tired of villains almost always needing some connection to him).

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Celestia said:

He's probably just an Eggman robot, unless all the hints are red herrings (which would be amazing, especially since I'm very tired of villains almost always needing some connection to him).

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree.

• Thumbs Up 1

Game looks fun. That's enough for me. Zavok being in this made the game a day 1 purchase anyhow 

17 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

The Sonic series is already more screwed than it has ever been and the fact that they keep connecting Mania with Modern Sonic games just so they can shoehorn the Classic versions of the characters into Modern games just makes me wish the series collapsed sometimes.

There's a chance that I'm looking too much into this, but the Sonic series basically defines itself entirely by nostalgia at this point, and the Sonic social media is known for giving clues to stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Phantom Ruby and Classic Eggman are in this game.

Why do I even bother.

Why don't you go ring up SEGA UK and screech at them again for bringing Classic Eggman back, I'm sure it'll work wonders.

• Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Vertical Snoop [D.K.] said:

Why don't you go ring up SEGA UK and screech at them again for bringing Classic Eggman back, I'm sure it'll work wonders.

Heh heh. D.K. do a barrel roll.

It'll be really funny when it turns out Dodonpa was an illusion made by Infinite the whole time, so everybody ends up being wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/7/2019 at 3:44 PM, thumbs13 said:

It'll be really funny when it turns out Dodonpa was an illusion made by Infinite the whole time, so everybody ends up being wrong.

I don't know how that'd make any sense, but fudge that too, I guess.