Jump to content
Awoo.

Robodog (2015) - The Canceled Marza Animation Film


AstroSeedP
 Share

Recommended Posts

 MV5BNGIwZDc3NTQtZDgwZC00NzE0LWEyZDEtOWIw

In 2013, Marza Animation Planet Inc. announced that they would produce their first original animated film feature, Robodog.

Starring the voice talent of Chris Colfer (later replaced) and Ron Perlman, the story was described as:

"A classic, heart-warming adventure story about an unlikely duo who couldn't be more different.
KC (Kinetic Canine) is a bright, energetic but overzealous robotic dog, while MARSHALL is an old, curmudgeonly real dog, set in his ways and has little patience for anything new.
This canine odd couple embarks on the adventure of a lifetime where each will learn the true nature of friendship, and not judge a book by its cover."

It was set to release in 2015...and then it never did.

It was clear the film was shelved, however, there was never an official announcement.

The only things ever released were a few promotional images, a spot in Marza's 2015 demo reel, and a storyboard uploaded to their channel.

Spoiler

RI9a9mMm.jpg

zWubqqHm.jpg

PPro3DAm.jpg

 

 

And so, I decided to look into this. I wasn't expecting to find much, but I was hoping to at least find some information or maybe even some clips.

As someone who was interested in the film, I obviously wanted to know more.

This leads us to today.

After years of searching, I've made a compilation of scenes I've been able to uncover.

These are still very much incomplete, but they are the longest sequences of footage I've come across.

That's not all though, I've found some short clips, a trailer, and various concept art. I will be posting these here at a later time.

I'm not sure how many of y'all are interested in this like I am, but I hope this thread at least reaches those that are.

A big shout-out to those who worked hard on this film, and a thanks to those who have shared their work.

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know I was heavily invested in this film when I heard of its existence. I really wanted to see a fully animated family feature from Marza... only for it to never happen. Eventually I just forgot about it so I'm so happy someone else was dedicated enough to compile what remains of this movie they could find!

You're doin' us a good service!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, BxB-Meister said:

It was clear the film was shelved, however, there was never an official announcement.

 

There was a press release somewhere on their old website that stated Marza would be shelving its original projects in order to better handle the outside workload.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

There was a press release somewhere on their old website that stated Marza would be shelving its original projects in order to better handle the outside workload.

I do remember that now, though I would count that as an offhand mention rather than a direct one. Although, now that I know the TRUE reason the film was shelved, that statement kinda makes me sick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, BxB-Meister said:

I do remember that now, though I would count that as an offhand mention rather than a direct one. Although, now that I know the TRUE reason the film was shelved, that statement kinda makes me sick.

It sucks, but if Marza continued with its pet projects then that would have meant turning away paying customers on the videogame and movie front. Marza isn't a huge company, so you gotta work while your work is in demand.

Quite frankly I'm surprised so much footage of the film is floating around. It seems far enough along that you could afford to bury it deep in a vault somewhere, stick in on the back-burner and try to finish it a few years down the road - but they pretty much bit the bullet and left it behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

It sucks, but if Marza continued with its pet projects then that would have meant turning away paying customers on the videogame and movie front. Marza isn't a huge company, so you gotta work while your work is in demand.

Quite frankly I'm surprised so much footage of the film is floating around. It seems far enough along that you could afford to bury it deep in a vault somewhere, stick in on the back-burner and try to finish it a few years down the road - but they pretty much bit the bullet and left it behind.

Oh, no no no... The film wasn't canceled due to workload. I don't want to get my source in trouble so I can't say much. I'll just say that I feel for everyone who believed in this project and Marza's future. They put a lot of work in only for it to be taken away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Wow, nice. Too bad, it's probably never likely see a day of light. This would be a great and interesting film to watch. BTW, I wonder if Marza is still working on the Sonic movie.

 

They are. It's listed on their page, and that's even after they redesigned their page.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.