Awoo.

Sonic Adventure DX To Be Remade?

Future

I demand a PSP port. I don't want to play Adventure with gimmicky Wii controls, or HD upscaling that make the DX-exclusive models look even worse. They did a fantastic port of Crazy Taxi, so I know it is possible.

Edited by Tornado

I'm all for it if they update the graphics properly this time, fix a lot more bugs, and add some real DX features like commentary or new stages. Of course, commentary is a long shot since probably half the team don't even work for Sonic Team anymore, but, yeah. Concept art and stuff maybe.

I wouldn't be surprised if it hit the PSN and Xbox Live Marketplace as a straight-up port with no achievements/trophies or any real upgrades.

Better lip-sync, ability to swithc between original, NGC, or HD graffix, adn ability to switch between the original or 4kids voice acting.

If it's on wii fuck it just fuck it but if it's on 360 i might buy (if it's real) hmmm maybe some of the things taken from the original version (like ss) might be put back in.

Sonic unleahed model in the adventure world!

Hey maybe it's like unleahed but with the adventure story! doubt it.

Edited by Dark Motor

Better lip-sync

Oh god yes. "WATCH OUT, YOU'RE GONNA CRASH. AAH. *engulfs Station Square with giant mouth*"

Actually come to think of it the game is piss-poor in presentation overall and has aged terribly. They'd be better off just remaking it from scratch, perhaps making the levels a bit bigger and longer to meet modern standards (other than length the level designs are pretty sound).

Edited by JezMM

I wouldn't be surprised if it hit the PSN and Xbox Live Marketplace as a straight-up port with no achievements/trophies or any real upgrades.
You DO realize achievements are mandatory for all X360 and XBLA games in the first place, right? Hell, my memory is a little fuzzy in regards to trophies but I'm pretty sure even Sony followed suit on that eventually - correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

As for the remake/port/whatthefuckever itself, well I'm not sure I like the thought of it. It's cheap moneymaking, no doubt, but I feel more could be done than this - I'll reserve my thoughts until Sega reveals what exactly their plans are here.

Adventure remade with Unleashed graphics would be awesome.

Seconded.

However, I'm surprised they're even touching a pre Shadow the Hedgehog game, given the circumstances.

Whatever it is, I hope to God they don't re-dub it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Sonic Adventure with Unleashed-esque graphics, as long as they made it significantly better. Sonic Adventure was a good game for it's time, but it's really dated now. Every level that isn't Sonic's is usually extremely short and glitchy (Even Sonic's are glitchy), most of the boss battles were really lame (Specifically the character boss battles), and the cutscenes were horrific. If they fix these problems then I would really be interested in playing this because Sonic Adventure had the most heart out of all of the 3D Sonic games (Besides Sonic Unleashed) and the music was awesome.

I wouldn't mind Sonic being redubbed, he sounded awful in Sonic Adventure. But I'm not too fond of Tails and Knuckles' current voice actors.

Edited by Solid SOAP

Seconded. There'd be nothing I'd love more than to see

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

I've played the game dozens of times I'm tired of it, unless they do a complete overhaul of it I'll bite, but if not PASS.

Edited by silencer226

Hm. I hope they actually do a good overhaul if this is true. They owe it to us after a sad remake.

A remake eh? I have mixed feelings about this. If it's just a stupid graphic upgrades thing with "extra mission" stuff then I'd be pretty damn disappointed. If they add new levels, online chao stuff, and maybe even a multiplayer mode (I actually enjoyed the one in Sonic Adventure 2) I'd be game for it.

And better lip sync of course. But I could be asking too much from Sega.

I do think it would benefit from being made from the ground up.

If they want to make it HD quality they'd have to remodel everything anyway.

By remodelling everything the animations would look weird (see also: Sonic's scary dreamcast mouth on his flashy SADX model), so they might as well redo those and give the cut-scenes less of a "every character has 10 stock animations and we use the most appropriate at the time" approach.

While it would be a little bit of a bitchslap to the original (and perfectly fine) voice actors, I think it should be redubbed. The whole handling of the Robotnik/Eggman business was sloppy, and if I recall reading somewhere, most of it was very edited during translation to english. It'd do well for the kids to have the voices consistant with modern games too.

As people have said, the levels are very short, especially outside of Sonic's. They could be suitably lengthened and polished. Same with boss battles.

I think the music could do with a bit of remixing here and there, or at least rescore the cut-scene music to be a little more dramatic.

Remaking the game engine would reduce glitches and bugs. I'm not saying use the Unleashed engine, but certainly modernise the old Adventure one a bit. Only someone in total denial would say Unleashed was more glitchy and less fluid than Adventure.

So yeah, I think a full remake would be much more worthwhile, but bah, if they re-release SADX at a budget price I'll prolly get it anyway for convinience. Well, maybe. Come to think of it I still have my Gamecube copy working perfectly and to hand, lol...

I agree with Jezzy.

I've actually had a SA1 remake on my mind for quite a while now... which is weird, considering that I've had a Sonic kart-racing game on my mind for a while, then SaSASR was announced. :|

Am I bugged or something?

I doubt anything significant is going on, at most probably just a port for the Xbox/Playstation owners since they didn't get the game last gen.

But if in some bizarre twist they're actually doing a full remake, this could get interesting. I'm generally not that big a fan of remakes unless there's a good reason for them, but if there's any Sonic game that deserves a remake, it's SA. It doesn't have the sort of deep rooted flaws that some of the later games do; it's mostly all good concepts (except the fishing) that ended up a little rough, and it's mostly just the usual "first 3D game" sort of problems.

Then again, I still don't trust them to do it right. They haven't bothered to fix up the gameplay in the 10 years since it came out, and that doesn't give me much hope that they'll do it this time.

...though if they did...

DS remake please. The DS can hold the game just fine.

Not to be mean to the DS, but no it couldn't.

O_O;; Again... so XD Another reason to play with the Chao garden's right?

maybe the gardens will be more like the SA2B gardens, I really didn't like the SA gardens.

I really liked the gameplay in SA, it wasn't perfect but I liked it more than Heroes, Shadow and 06' *shudders* so I hope they don't screw that up.

oh yes... 360 please.