Awoo.

Sonic Adventure DX To Be Remade?

Future

Oh, and I also find it quite odd how Sonic Adventure 2 (DC version) was rated by the OFLC back in 05/31/2001, and there's still no rating for the original Sonic Adventure. That, and SADXDC's also being listed as "multi-platform", even though it was an NGC-exclusive.

There's also a PC version. But would that count it as a "multi-platform" game?

A similar case happened in one of the recent DragonBall Z games, in which they were remaking a certain famous scene and even though the newly corrected translation suggested saying something completely different - they had Vegeta's voice actor say "It's over 9000!" anyway. Directors seem to get a kick out of that sort of thing, so I can see it happening. :P

That wasn't a director call, but rather of the actor himself. Christopher Sabat requested that the dialogue be changed to that. XP

Interesting how SEGA Australia is the source of all this.

Localization is generally how leaks happen. SEGA Australia has done this sort of fumble before.

People are forgetting this is a classification; not a trademark. Whatever this thing is, it must have already been made for SEGA to have submitted it to the OFLC. I find it highly unlikely a full remake would have been through development without us knowing anything about it until now. This is more likely to be an XBLA port or something equally unexciting.

Put it on the Wii with 16:9, 60 frames with no dips (this includes in the cutscenes), and GC controls as an option, and I'll be there day 1. Bug fixes and some polish would be icing on the cake.

The Wii audience will eat this up, no question. Sonic's popularity has soared on the Wii and DS even more than before with Brawl and the Olympics series. Plus there's the whole install base being far larger than the other two consoles, etc. And the Wii's an overclocked GC (no offense, it's true, the chips are the same, just beefed up!) so porting would be as expensive as a burger with fries (mmm yummy XD).

Putting this on XBLA and PSN, instead on Wii, would be a shot in the foot in my opinion.

Plus, wouldn't they profit more say, if it's on Wii at $30, than on XBLA/PSN at $15? What percentage of the price does Sega make from each? Doesn't MS at least take a huge chunk of the profit from XBLA games? I thought they did.

Edited by Hero of Legend

I hope they don't remake it, everyone has played through that story several times already, instead i hope they make Sonic Adventure 3, incorporating Scourge the Hedgehog from the comics perhaps.

You know, this would be REALLY hard to screw up gameplay wise. It's practically an entire game of daytime Sonic.

But Sonic Team would blow it, as always XD

You know, this would be REALLY hard to screw up gameplay wise. It's practically an entire game of daytime Sonic.

But Sonic Team would blow it, as always XD

You forgot about Fishing with Big the Cat? lol

I had just assumed that its recent rating was due to it's relatively-recent Zeebo release. But then again, seeing as it's currently only a Brazil-exclusive console, a rating by the OFLC wouldn't make any sense.

SEGA games were all removed from the Zeebo. No reason was given, but it was assumed to be because of the overall crapness of the thing . =P

SEGA games were all removed from the Zeebo. No reason was given, but it was assumed to be because of the overall crapness of the thing . =P

Was SA ever on Zeebo? I remember them advertising it with the cover art, but nada since.

And wait, you don't have Totodile as your avatar, FAKER!!! :o

XD

I hope they don't remake it, everyone has played through that story several times already, instead i hope they make Sonic Adventure 3, incorporating Scourge the Hedgehog from the comics perhaps.

Nooooo thank you.

First of all Sonic 06 gameplay structure wise was pretty much exactly like the original Sonic Adventure with all it's explorable areas and such. So if you're wondering where Sonic Adventure 3 is, it's been in your face for nearly three years now. :P

Second (and this is just personal opinion), I don't see how adding comic book characters would make the game any better. It would just put me off entirely because I don't like the comic or it's characters anyway. :\

Just because you're adding established characters from another Sonic related medium such as the comic books doesn't make it any different/better than if the developers just whipped up a brand new character and threw them in. And as much as people love to complain about Sonic and 'all of his stupid friends' it really doesn't seem like the best idea.

I personally think a remake would be a huge waste of time. Plus it would require a lot of time to remake since the engine is extremely flawed and so are the graphics and disasterous, nauseating voice overs. Not to mention the horrible excess game design flow. Nobody wants to play as knuckles, big, amy, gamma, etc. And the adventure fields would have to go anyway, since they're just a tedious time waster. Action stages are what people want to play when they put in a sonic game.

It'd be better if they just make another Adventure style game with a ton of original ideas and fun stuff. As long as they have a team that's smart and experienced, and knows what's cool, and fun.

Nobody wants to play as knuckles, big, amy, gamma, etc.
I want to play as Knuckles, Amy, Gamma, etc.

Hmm, well if it's an XBLA or PSN port, I'll most likely get it anyway because I'd like to have it upscaled to HD.

And I'd be fine with a redub. Say what you will, Sonic Adventure's voice acting was god-awful...but, it was charming, I suppose. Some of the lines are so cheesy they can't help but to make you smile...

And this would be a great way to celebrate a 10th anniversary. In fact, an entire library of upscaled and/or remade Dreamcast games released on 9/9/09 for the PSN and XBLA would be fantastic. :D

Likewise. They may have still taken up a huge bulk of game, but at least Sonic still had the longest story. The rest seemed more like "bonus stories" uncover the storyline in Adventure.

And the adventure fields would have to go anyway, since they're just a tedious time waster. Action stages are what people want to play when they put in a sonic game.

I like the adventure fields. :(

And the adventure fields would have to go anyway, since they're just a tedious time waster.

I like the Adventure fields in Unleashed. Not only for the infinite nooks and crannies you can actually get to, but the adventures of the townspeople are interesting.

But that's just me I guess

I do think the Adventure fields in SA were a very cumbersome A-to-B affair. They're not BAD but they certainly didn't add that much. While there was benefit in exploring, I far preferred the denser, nook-and-cranny explorativeness of Unleashed's to the wide open "I'm not even sure if I'm going to gain anything from this" exploring of Adventure. And god... the forest maze. I pity the DC players who didn't have the map screen like in DX.

And god... the forest maze. I pity the DC players who didn't have the map screen like in DX.

Well to be honest it really wasn't that hard to get around without a map. It was handy, yes, but not necessary.

I'll admit a cleaned up re-release of Sonic Adventure would be nice, with new features and expanded levels. I really couldn't care less if it was simply the same game but in HD, what would be the point?

Forgive me if I sound fanboyish, but E-102's levels would benefit massively from a Wii control scheme allowing a more unique way to control his laser sight lock-on and even Big's levels could be remade better with more intuitive Wii remote fishing controls. I can personally see many advantages to giving the game the Wii-make treatment, even if it is technically already available on the system.

If Sega wanted to they could make this something special, the Director's Cut DX promised to be. It's a shame that it probably won't end up as anything like that at all.

Put it on the Wii with 16:9, 60 frames with no dips (this includes in the cutscenes), and GC controls as an option, and I'll be there day 1. Bug fixes and some polish would be icing on the cake.

The Wii audience will eat this up, no question. Sonic's popularity has soared on the Wii and DS even more than before with Brawl and the Olympics series. Plus there's the whole install base being far larger than the other two consoles, etc. And the Wii's an overclocked GC (no offense, it's true, the chips are the same, just beefed up!) so porting would be as expensive as a burger with fries (mmm yummy XD).

Putting this on XBLA and PSN, instead on Wii, would be a shot in the foot in my opinion.

Plus, wouldn't they profit more say, if it's on Wii at $30, than on XBLA/PSN at $15? What percentage of the price does Sega make from each? Doesn't MS at least take a huge chunk of the profit from XBLA games? I thought they did.

The only problem with this is that you can play DX on the Wii because of backwards compatibility.

Well to be honest it really wasn't that hard to get around without a map. It was handy, yes, but not necessary.

I'll admit a cleaned up re-release of Sonic Adventure would be nice, with new features and expanded levels. I really couldn't care less if it was simply the same game but in HD, what would be the point?

Forgive me if I sound fanboyish, but E-102's levels would benefit massively from a Wii control scheme allowing a more unique way to control his laser sight lock-on and even Big's levels could be remade better with more intuitive Wii remote fishing controls. I can personally see many advantages to giving the game the Wii-make treatment, even if it is technically already available on the system.

If Sega wanted to they could make this something special, the Director's Cut DX promised to be. It's a shame that it probably won't end up as anything like that at all.

Remarkable point about Gamma! :D

The aiming laser wouldn't look awkward moving freely to aim, and Gamma (and Tails and Eggman in Adv2)'s guns already fire homing lasers so the can fire from any direction, so no worries about the guns moving awkwardly, it's foolproof! :D

Big's though, may not work as much like a dream, as outside of TP, fishing has yet to be done well, and this sadly won't have much a chance of being that good, Big's controls already sucked. :(

But what if they used Motion Plus? Hmm. :huh:

The only problem with this is that you can play DX on the Wii because of backwards compatibility.

Say that to Nintendo!

Also, the GC version's near impossible to find, at least in Canada. Only one HMV I know of might still have it, and I've seen it at a Game Zone store right near that location oddly. But nada otherwise!

Not everyone can just buy it online. And used copies are out of the question, since we know publishers gain nothing from used copies.

Edit:

I just thought of one small reason that Sega would go for Wii rather than PS360.

Since the GC version has Dolby Pro Logic II, wouldn't Sega have a hellish time redoing the music and sound for the HD sound outputs? All they need for presentation improvement on Wii is 16:9, it's already got 480p and DPLII.

But yeah, they won't have to worry about HD either. But doesn't the PC version support upto 1024x768 already? They'll still need to go to 1080p on PS360 won't they?

Edited by Hero of Legend

Hammer could also be used with the Wiimote.

Yeah, but wouldn't that be just BK-style waggle? But with M+, that could work nicely! :D

For a straight port you wouldn't really need anything other than waggle. However for a total remake, M+ Piko Piko Hammer action would be purdy gnarly, as would fishing and E-102 shooting.

They could make it so you hold the Wiimote in one hand, let go of the nunchuk and spin it around in a circle to make Tails fly. Practical AND safe!

I actually want to play as the other characters again, I hope it will be retail not download only

Im guessing you dont have online?

Keep dreaming kid. Since when does Sega wanna add english comic character to a sonic game? (Be serious)