Awoo.

Sonic Adventure DX To Be Remade?

Future

I hope this actually happens. I never got around to playing SA or DX, and I'm too lazy to try and track down a copy on Ebay, so I'd be able to experience the game for the first time with updated graphics and controls and (hopefully) some of the technical issues resolved. I'll probably get around to playing it eventually anyway, but a remake would give me even more motivation to do so.

Keep dreaming kid. Since when does Sega wanna add english comic character to a sonic game? (Be serious)

well child, if they lacked new charecter ideas as it seems they do now with the unimaginative enemies they are creating then maybe they would look to the comics for inspiration.

Your not doing anybody's girl kid. :rolleyes:

Edited by Frieza

well child, if they lacked new charecter ideas as it seems they do now with the unimaginative enemies they are creating then maybe they would look to the comics for inspiration.
You speak of lack of creativity, and the first character you look towards is a blatant Sonic recolour? Oh please. Talk about destroying your own point there. :rolleyes:

You speak of lack of creativity, and the first character you look towards is a blatant Sonic recolour? Oh please. Talk about destroying your own point there. :rolleyes:

The reason he looks like Sonic is because hes from a parallel universe or somthing, his personality is the complete opposite, and he turns green because of the master emerald, so it's hardly just a recolour, im not talking about appearance.

Shadow creatures/end bosses which have no personality or character development = unimaginative.

Edited by Frieza

Nooooo thank you.

First of all Sonic 06 gameplay structure wise was pretty much exactly like the original Sonic Adventure with all it's explorable areas and such. So if you're wondering where Sonic Adventure 3 is, it's been in your face for nearly three years now. :P

Second (and this is just personal opinion), I don't see how adding comic book characters would make the game any better. It would just put me off entirely because I don't like the comic or it's characters anyway. :\

Just because you're adding established characters from another Sonic related medium such as the comic books doesn't make it any different/better than if the developers just whipped up a brand new character and threw them in. And as much as people love to complain about Sonic and 'all of his stupid friends' it really doesn't seem like the best idea.

I know that Sonic 06 is Sonic Adventure 3, but I want an official sequel. Besides 06 sucks so I look at Sonic Unleashed being Adventure 3

Why can't you just look at Sonic '06 and Sonic Unleashed for what they actually are; Sonic '06 and Sonic Unleashed?

I stopped caring about Sonic Adventure 3 years ago, why people are so obsessed with a title is beyond me. Sonic Unleashed was better than Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 in every way possible anyway (Except maybe story and lack of Chao).

I know that Sonic 06 is Sonic Adventure 3, but I want an official sequel. Besides 06 sucks so I look at Sonic Unleashed being Adventure 3

Best possible new games would be

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 "PSN/VC" release, back in 16bit like Capcom did with Megaman 9.

+

Sonic Adventure 3.

And forget 06 and Unleashed happend.

The reason he looks like Sonic is because hes from a parallel universe or somthing, his personality is the complete opposite, and he turns green because of the master emerald, so it's hardly just a recolour, im not talking about appearance.

Shadow creatures/end bosses which have no personality or character development = unimaginative.

evil%20spock.jpg

Being an evil twin doesn't make something interesting.

Probably because the developers, designers and feel were different.

Sonic '06 was 'What if Sonic was real', if I remember correctly, and Sonic Unleashed was his 'around-the-world adventure'.

What people seem to not be realising is that they want more than just the title, they want a game that feels like a successor to the series as a whole.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 "PSN/VC" release, back in 16bit like Capcom did with Megaman 9.

+

Sonic Adventure 3.

A Sonic game in the vein of the more classic games for release on VC, PSN, and XBLA would be nice, but you might as well just release an entirely new Sonic game rather than create a game called Sonic Adventure 3, they would be the same thing. Sonic '06 was almost exactly the same as Sonic Adventure 1 in terms of structure, if they called that game Sonic Adventure 3 it would not have changed in quality at all.

And forget 06 and Unleashed happend.

Too bad Sonic Unleashed is more polished and consistant than any of the Adventure games could ever hope to be.

Sonic '06 was 'What if Sonic was real', if I remember correctly, and Sonic Unleashed was his 'around-the-world adventure'.

What people seem to not be realising is that they want more than just the title, they want a game that feels like a successor to the series as a whole.

Sonic '06 was an episode based, semi-realistic game with 3+ characters all with different methods of playing, just like Sonic Adventure 1. If that's not Sonic Adventure 3 in structure I don't know what is.

Edited by Solid SOAP

Well, let's see, Sonic '06 was deliberately realistic (rather than semi-realistic), had three fairly similar characters outside of their occasionally used difference, had completely different structure in terms of level design, was designed and programmed by Sonic Team Japan over Sonic Team USA, Tomoya Otani was the sound director, there were no chao, no animals, no animal-based enemies, no Sonic fantasy-style and the gameplay was pretty different what with the inclusion of highspeed and (thinking about it, there were sections like this in the first Adventure) tweaked core gameplay. There's also that intangible 'feel' that the other games had.

I guess it had the Egg Carrier?

But honestly, that doesn't really matter to me. If it makes it any better, I'll ask for Sonic Adventure 4. I happen to actually like that kind of game, so it doesn't matter how many times you say 'Oh, '06 was Adventure 3'. I want another game like that, and that's it.

Also, dear god, don't bring that shit here, I've had enough of seeing it in /v/.

Edited by Arcane

Well, let's see, Sonic '06 was deliberately realistic (rather than semi-realistic), had three fairly similar characters outside of their occasionally used difference, had completely different structure in terms of level design, was designed and programmed by Sonic Team Japan over Sonic Team USA, Tomoya Otani was the sound director, there were no chao, no animals, no animal-based enemies, no Sonic fantasy-style and the gameplay was pretty different what with the inclusion of highspeed and (thinking about it, there were sections like this in the first Adventure) tweaked core gameplay. There's also that intangible 'feel' that the other games had.

I guess it had the Egg Carrier?

Are you trying to tell me that Sonic Adventure 2 did have a fantasy Sonic feel to it? The whole game took place in a fake version of San Fransisco, there was absolutely no fantasy at all besides the space levels, and even those kinda felt like "generic sci-fi world" to me. Also, each character was pretty different from one another. Sonic's levels were based on speed, Shadow's combat, and Silver on (Really poor) physics.

But yeah, none of that really matters, a bad game is a bad game and I'd rather see Sonic innovate with new ideas than try to be another "Adventure" game again and again. Sonic Unleashed was better than Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 to me so if anything I'd like the next game to emulate Sonic Unleashed as much as possible in terms of the day stages and town stages.

Sorry for OT but..

Christopher Weston Chandler should direct and write the story for the next Sonic game, he is simply a genius

Well, a game about beating up mall cops would certainly something the gaming scene hasn't seen, at any rate. :lol:

In all seriousness, I hope the game is being remade, rather than simply ported.

Sonic Unleashed was better than Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 in every way possible anyway (Except maybe story and lack of Chao).

O_O

I wouldn't say it was better than both games put together, but that's my opinion. ^ ^; Unleashed was very good, but yeah. Not perfect.

I liked it significantly more than the Adventure games, but that's just me. Sonic Adventure was a glitchy, unbalanced mess, every character that wasn't Sonic being near broken or boring, besides Knuckles & Gamma. Sonic Adventure 2, while fun and packed to the brim with replay value, I really can't stand any level that wasn't Sonic or Shadow's. Yes, half of Unleashed is full of Werehog levels, but even if they're not that great by today's standards, they certainly were better than anything that wasn't Sonic-based in Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2. To me, at least.

Hub worlds were also handled significantly better in Unleashed than in Adventure. In Sonic Adventure, you simply used them to get from point A to point B and occasionally find Emblems. Okay, not bad. In fact, some of them were pretty fun to toy around in. However, every NPC was devoid of all personality and there was next to no platforming or fun stuff to do in them. In Sonic Unleashed, almost every NPC was interesting and fun with their own little side stories, lots of them offered pretty amusing side-quests (Which were often sections of levels you've played with an added gimmick), and each Town Stage had a little platforming section of it's own where you can solve small puzzles and use your newly found abilities to open up the next stage and/or get medals. Again, nothing new or revolutionary, but it's still better than Adventure's hub stages.

Edited by Solid SOAP

What I don't want them to change:

The lines. (Watch out, you're gonna crash! ah. All's well that ends well, right?)

THE LIP SYNCHING. It just wouldn't be Sonic Adventure without it.

If it were to be remade, the only thing changed should be the enhanced graphics, maybe lengthen the levels for Sonic and get rid of Big's fishing levels or make them different. Everything else is fine.

What I don't want them to change:

The lines. (Watch out, you're gonna crash! ah. All's well that ends well, right?)

THE LIP SYNCHING. It just wouldn't be Sonic Adventure without it.

Err... you're right. It would be better without them.

I love the "so bad it's good" dialogue and presentation as much as you, but there's always the original game for that, and GCN port to make it look EVEN worse thanks to the high quality character models.

Besides, I hear the game was somewhat poorly translated (or heavily edited upon translation). I'd love for a more accurate redub.

Hell, the thing I find completely stupid in SA1/ DX is how that the same scenes have different lines when you play it from a differen't characters' viewpoint. Not only would it cost more to do due to the fact they'd be dubbing more lines, but it's also just kind of dumb in general, considering it's exactly the same scene from another characters' perspective, yet the lines are different.

Obviously that wasn't the case in the Japanese audio, but the scene after the Sonic and Knuckles fight springs to mind, with Knuckles' line (after "Don't tell me Eggman tricked you again") "Me, what about you?" was originally just "Shut up!" in Japanese. And I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think that's one of the lines that had multiple iterations depending on who you were playing as. None of which were 'shut up', in English.

EDIT: The other being "Oh, and you weren't?" (or something along those lines), both said in the same place.

So yeah, the translation job wasn't exactly top-notch in SA1 as it stands, but then it's not like the ones since have been exactly brilliant in terms of translation, either.

Edited by Mahzes

Hell, the thing I find completely stupid in SA1/ DX is how that the same scenes have different lines when you play it from a differen't characters' viewpoint. Not only would it cost more to do due to the fact they'd be dubbing more lines, but it's also just kind of dumb in general, considering it's exactly the same scene from another characters' perspective, yet the lines are different.

Exactly what is wrong with this at all? Does nothing but make the cutscenes a little less tiresome to watch over and over, which was an issue in the DC versions because you were unable to skip them.

Yes, but it actually makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's exactly the same scene that supposed to be happening at the exact same time and place, yet just because you're playing the game from a different characters' point of view, the dialogue is different. If nothing else, it causes (albeit very minor) continuity issues within the game itself. Rather than seeming like it's just the same scene happening from another characters' perspective, it feels like you're watching some kind of parallel universe of events for each character.

Also, if memory serves, the camera angles are actually slightly different, depending on who you're playing as.

Edited by Mahzes

I always interpretted it as intentionally done to be "this is how this character would have told it", thus Tails has more lines in his story etc.

I do think in a remake they should make it consistant though. In addition, they should completely rechoreograph the cut-scenes. Most just take way too long, and the animation feels very rigid and pieced together, rather than flowing. Too much standing around doing nothing too.

If this game was a full blown remake, using the the gameplay engine from Unleashed and the Hedgehog engine for graphics, chance are they they'd also use the same style for cutscenes. Ergo, they'd be pre-recorded FMVs instead of in game.