Awoo.

Sonic Adventure DX To Be Remade?

Future

I mourn the loss of decent engines in Sonic titles; not only have the graphical styles been going downhill since Sonic Heroes (I blame the black lump of shit that they call the PS2 for Sega having to use the disgreaceful Renderware engine - if only the damned thing was DirectX compatible), but gameplay has also been deteriorating at an incredibely fast rate. Luckily for me, Sonic '06 was an excellent high-point in both areas for various reasons - the superb super-speed stages and gorgeous graphics merely scrape the surfce - but not everyone was appreciative of the game's brilliance; I have been taunted time and time again by many an ignorant user on this site, which is just a testimony to the awful taste in games that people have nowadays.

Your copy of 06 sounds glorious. Does it have the super gem restored? They copy I got was a glitchy piece of slag that has all but fully crashed during gameplay

No. Just no. It would slow down his gameplay way too much. Many times I would end up targeting something that was off-screen.

Target something off-screen? What the heck? I'm talking about a Mario Galaxy style targeting system, not a first person one. Shooting enemies and other such objects in Galaxy is easy as pie- you don't have to stop, slow down or anything.

Trust me Aqualash, you'd have to be blind to not notice the glitches in Sonic 2006. However, the game was damn fun to play the 90% of the time that it played correctly. Meanwhile, Sonic Unleashed was fun for maybe the first play through (less so if you have the next gen version and constantly have to find the medals) and downright mind-numbing as you eventually come to realize just how boring and tiresome it truly is.

Sure, there may not be many "fall through platform" deaths, but I'd take that over an entire game of flying straight forward into possible oblivion any day. Give me gameplay or give me depth! Preferably both.

I definitely wouldn't mind another remake of Sonic Adventure. It was my favorite Sonic game and I want to see some actual improvements on it instead of just making the character models unnecessarily shiny.

The DX models were no doubt leagues above the original DC versions. I personally preferred the SA2:B models simply because the only gloss was on Metal Sonic and the Super States

I think the SADX models were great, and while they were shiny, at least they didn't look plastic like Heroes and Shadow.

Unfortunately the SADX models looked awful all the same because they were dragged down by the original game's stiff animation and terrifying mouth movement and lip-sync.

I agree with Aquaslash though, the SA2 models were great. In fact I don't get why they made Super Sonic not shiny on SADX, when he was in the original.

Edited by JezMM

Guest Sanic4K6

Not really any proof, If it does come out then I bet it will be for download at the Xbox Marketplace, I doubt there will be any real "Port" since everyone now knows Sonic Team isn't capable of it, If the rumour is true then I hope it comes for PSP.

I really liked the DX midels as well!

Anyway, here are all of the GC to Wii ports so far, not counting licensed stuff released for GC and Wii at the same time like Open Season, Spongebob COTKK, and Ice Age 2 (really good game):

Nintendo:

(New Play Control):

Mario Power Tennis

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Chibi-Robo

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 (seperately in Japan, included in Trilogy everywhere else)

Capcom:

(Resident Evil Classics):

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil REmake

Natsume/Rising Star Games:

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (EBGames/GameStop exclusive in NA)

And of course there have been a few late PS2 ports like Okami, Monster Hunter G, and Rygar: Legendary Adventure as Rygar: Battle of Argus as examples.

And the GC ports have sold well at least for Nintendo so far, I don't know how well the RE ports and HM have sold yet, but the GC version of HM:MM was a Player's Choice title.

Sega should definitely port DX, 2 Battle, and Heroes as well with 16:9, 60 frames for DX, Dolby Pro Logic II for 2 Battle, and with as much bug fixes and polish as possible.

And put in the Japanese voice option for Heroes, and the rest of the Event Music in Heroes, I only had 9 - 12, weird. :blink:

I really liked the DX midels as well!

Anyway, here are all of the GC to Wii ports so far, not counting licensed stuff released for GC and Wii at the same time like Open Season, Spongebob COTKK, and Ice Age 2 (really good game):

Nintendo:

(New Play Control):

Mario Power Tennis

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Chibi-Robo

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 (seperately in Japan, included in Trilogy everywhere else)

Capcom:

(Resident Evil Classics):

Resident Evil 0

Resident Evil REmake

Natsume/Rising Star Games:

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (EBGames/GameStop exclusive in NA)

And of course there have been a few late PS2 ports like Okami, Monster Hunter G, and Rygar: Legendary Adventure as Rygar: Battle of Argus as examples.

And the GC ports have sold well at least for Nintendo so far, I don't know how well the RE ports and HM have sold yet, but the GC version of HM:MM was a Player's Choice title.

Sega should definitely port DX, 2 Battle, and Heroes as well with 16:9, 60 frames for DX, Dolby Pro Logic II for 2 Battle, and with as much bug fixes and polish as possible.

And put in the Japanese voice option for Heroes, and the rest of the Event Music in Heroes, I only had 9 - 12, weird. :blink:

That's too much effort for SEGA and a Wii game. They make Wii games for quick profit and low costs. Go read up on it, and don't post about it here, PM me about it if you want to continue talking about it.

Ah, wait, found the quote

"Obviously we're cutting down the potential [for big sales]. I certainly understand that argument, but I think the sheer mass and size of Wii is such that I think those niches do exist. So whereas a shooter clearly isn't a niche on a 360 or PS3, it's arguable that it's more of a niche on Wii, but I believe that niche is sizable enough to make money, which I think is the point. Do I think we're going to make millions and millions? Then the answer is 'no'... but can we profitably bring these games to the platform? Then the answer is 'yes.'" - Sega West President Mike Hayes

Target something off-screen? What the heck? I'm talking about a Mario Galaxy style targeting system, not a first person one. Shooting enemies and other such objects in Galaxy is easy as pie- you don't have to stop, slow down or anything.

Which I can say is also slow. And targeting stuff that's off-screen but I know is there is something I do in the original versions. If you give me a choice between auto targeting and manual targeting in a non-FPS game, then give me the dang auto, unless the game is cluttered with too many targets and/or the auto has problems actually targeting something.

I mourn the loss of decent engines in Sonic titles; not only have the graphical styles been going downhill since Sonic Heroes (I blame the black lump of shit that they call the PS2 for Sega having to use the disgreaceful Renderware engine - if only the damned thing was DirectX compatible), but gameplay has also been deteriorating at an incredibely fast rate. Luckily for me, Sonic '06 was an excellent high-point in both areas for various reasons - the superb super-speed stages and gorgeous graphics merely scrape the surfce - but not everyone was appreciative of the game's brilliance; I have been taunted time and time again by many an ignorant user on this site, which is just a testimony to the awful taste in games that people have nowadays.

I was beginning to think that the series was on the rise back to stardom... but all hopes were dashed with the idiotic closure of Sonic Team USA and the release of Sonic Unleashed, which I have criticised on countless occasions, and therefore will not do so again.

Excuse me for a minute while I find a good response for this...

Oh, here's one.

LaughingCartoon1-Man.gif

Seriously, if you actually thought Sonic 06 was SEGA's ticket to reclaim Sonic to his former glory I'd say you were a few cents short of a dollar. The game was rushed to hell and back and was barely playable. You couldn't even kill enemies with a spin attack for god's sake.

Oh, and btw, having tastes in games that are different from you =/= awful. That's kind of thinking is ignorant.

Guest Jordan4K6

Seriously, if you actually thought Sonic 06 was SEGA's ticket to reclaim Sonic to his former glory I'd say you were a few cents short of a dollar. The game was rushed to hell and back and was barely playable. You couldn't even kill enemies with a spin attack for god's sake.

Oh, and btw, having tastes in games that are different from you =/= awful. That's kind of thinking is ignorant.

I thought it was a epic game, Closest thing to the adventure series. It wasn't rushed, It was unfinished seriously because someone from Sonic Team said somewhere that they needed more months to work on it but Sega forced it out for Christmas. Further proof you see a lot of things that ain't in the final like the Rainbow Gem and Metal Sonic Playable and extra episodes and other crap.

Back on topic, We should hear something from Sega about this Sonic Adventure remake soonz.

That's too much effort for SEGA and a Wii game. They make Wii games for quick profit and low costs. Go read up on it, and don't post about it here, PM me about it if you want to continue talking about it.

Ah, wait, found the quote

Congratulations, Shadi, you just completely missed the point of that quote. NOWHERE does it say that Sega is cutting down costs for Wii games. What he's really saying is, basically, "It doesn't matter if 'core' Wii games supposedly don't sell as much as the other consoles, they still make a good profit regardless". Hayes is also kinda missing the point a tad about Wii game sales, Wii games have long legs, and there are quality third-party 'core' million sellers such as Resident Evil 4 Wii. If Sega advertised their games as much as they did for MASATWOG, said games would sell a lot better. Advertising goes a long way.

Also, Sonic 06 was shit. Seriously. Besides the bugs, there's some serious gameplay issues, unfair gameplay, the speed sections were an abomination, and Silver was a blatant Gravity Gun rip-off. The only part of the game was actually fun was Blaze, and she only got one short section and one level to herself. I disliked Unleashed, but even that game was half-decent compared to Sonic 06, I cannot believe anyone can actually enjoy that failed abortion of a game.

I'm sorry for going off-topic but seriously. Sonic 06 was bad! It had unbelievably long loading times that are unacceptable in this age of gaming; tons of glitches which could make die unfairly; generally bad control of the characters; the worst and most confuesing plot i've ever seen and even the graphics are terrible in comparrison with the amazing looking Sonic Unleashed.

Back to the topic in hand: I'd quite like to see a remake. But not a port. Sonic DX was ok. It was nice to be able to play the game again on GameCube. But really it wasn't enough. If we were to see a remake I'd like to see next-gen character models and texture, more levels, stable frame rate, multiplayer and possibly more characters. Basically enough for us oldbies to enjoy it all-over again. :P

Edited by Wordy

Seriously. Besides the bugs, there's some serious gameplay issues, unfair gameplay, the speed sections were an abomination, and Silver was a blatant Gravity Gun rip-off. The only part of the game was actually fun was Blaze, and she only got one short section and one level to herself. I disliked Unleashed, but even that game was half-decent compared to Sonic 06, I cannot believe anyone can actually enjoy that failed abortion of a game.

I was fine up until

Silver was a blatant Gravity Gun rip-off.

Fuck you and everything that you stand for. I'm sick to death of hearing that every one fucking thing is a rip off of every other goddamn thing.

Hey guys, collectibles like rings and the whole game mechanic of running and jumping are a total ripoff of early platforming games. Want to make an action section where you attack enemies using combos and QTEs? You're ripping off God of War (an action title that sticks pretty damn closely to action title conventions). Shit, the idea of levels and titlecards? Fuck that, they've been used before THEY CAN NEVER BE USED AGAIN IN ANYTHING EVER. Hell, the gravity gun wasn't even the first game mechanic to allow you to pick things up and throw them. In fact, how about we say Half-Life 2 ripped off Psi-Ops, Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Blood Omen 2 and Second Sight with the gravity gun? Four games that came out before HL2 and have the idea of using surrounding items with a power akin to or that actually IS telekinesis? Does that sound right to you? No, it doesn't, because it's fucking stupid.

Rage over.

Well, if there's one thing I can say that Sonic 2k6 did right was the level design. Stages like Wave Ocean and White Acropolis really had this open feeling to them. That and the music, but this is the Sonic franchise we're talking about so that part should go without saying.

Edit:

Fuck you and everything that you stand for. I'm sick to death of hearing that every one fucking thing is a rip off of every other goddamn thing.

Hey guys, collectibles like rings and the whole game mechanic of running and jumping are a total ripoff of early platforming games. Want to make an action section where you attack enemies using combos and QTEs? You're ripping off God of War (an action title that sticks pretty damn closely to action title conventions). Shit, the idea of levels and titlecards? Fuck that, they've been used before THEY CAN NEVER BE USED AGAIN IN ANYTHING EVER. Hell, the gravity gun wasn't even the first game mechanic to allow you to pick things up and throw them. In fact, how about we say Half-Life 2 ripped off Psi-Ops, Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Blood Omen 2 and Second Sight with the gravity gun? Four games that came out before HL2 and have the idea of using surrounding items with a power akin to or that actually IS telekinesis? Does that sound right to you? No, it doesn't, because it's fucking stupid

Oh, here's a good. How about that no one is allowed to do ANYTHING Mario did in Super Mario 64 without being called a ripoff, and yet people keep saying it pioneered the 3D platforming genre. And people wonder why platformers are "dying".

Edited by Slasher

Well, if there's one thing I can say that Sonic 2k6 did right was the level design. Stages like Wave Ocean and White Acropolis really had this open feeling to them. That and the music, but this is the Sonic franchise we're talking about so that part should go without saying.

It would of been an awesome game if they fixed the glitches...

The game was rushed to hell and back and was barely playable.

IIRC, popular opinion of STH '06 for a long time was that it was bad because it was rushed to hell, and that the parts that played nicely played fantastically. I would agree with that quite strongly. Pre-crash I had a huge essay on why the Wii Sonic game (that would be Secret Rings) was shit and would have been shit no matter what and why STH '06 would have been mind blowing if it was allowed to actually have been finished.

The problem is that Unleashed came out, a game so fundamentally shallow that they had to turn half of it into a GoW clone to keep people from noticing (and this was seemingly by design, so don't wave that "personal tastes" shit in my face), and actually managed to be almost completely glitch free. This is a problem because it has caused more and more people to project problems onto STH '06 that didn't actually occur in the game, and has also caused a kind of set of ideals in the fanbase where a game's overall quality is directly tied into how many glitches it has rather than whether or not the game is actually good beneath the lack of glitches.

Keep in mind that I am not of the old guard. I don't think Unleashed is some kind of cancerous growth, a blemish on the series needing to be erased by the sale of a new 16 bit classic. I also have some fundamental disagreements with Extaticus. But statements like this:

Run both ways.

Please be a DS port.

Not. Powerful. Enough.

Edited by Tornado

Congratulations, Shadi, you just completely missed the point of that quote. NOWHERE does it say that Sega is cutting down costs for Wii games. What he's really saying is, basically, "It doesn't matter if 'core' Wii games supposedly don't sell as much as the other consoles, they still make a good profit regardless". Hayes is also kinda missing the point a tad about Wii game sales, Wii games have long legs, and there are quality third-party 'core' million sellers such as Resident Evil 4 Wii. If Sega advertised their games as much as they did for MASATWOG, said games would sell a lot better. Advertising goes a long way.

Also, Sonic 06 was shit. Seriously. Besides the bugs, there's some serious gameplay issues, unfair gameplay, the speed sections were an abomination, and Silver was a blatant Gravity Gun rip-off. The only part of the game was actually fun was Blaze, and she only got one short section and one level to herself. I disliked Unleashed, but even that game was half-decent compared to Sonic 06, I cannot believe anyone can actually enjoy that failed abortion of a game.

It matches up completely with his other quotes.

Wii games equal low budget = low quality and easy money.

He said himself a while ago that he isn't happy with the Quality of Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed on the 360 because those games are for the hardcore gamers.

SEGA is just cashing in on the gullible Wii fans, again ^_^

I mean just look at their WONDERFUL Wii line up! It reeks of awesome line up dawg

CONDUIT

DAISY FUENTES

WACKY WORLD OF SPORTS

MARIO AND SONIC

FUCK YEAH!! BEST LINE UP EVER! All high quality games.

Lmfao.

SEGA is aiming for quick and easy money, by producing low quality products on the Wii. I'm fine with them doing this, as long as they still create good and real games.

Edited by ShadikatRawr

SEGA is just cashing in on the gullible Wii fans, again ^_^

I mean just look at their WONDERFUL Wii line up! It reeks of awesome line up dawg

CONDUIT

DAISY FUENTES

WACKY WORLD OF SPORTS

MARIO AND SONIC

FUCK YEAH!! BEST LINE UP EVER! All high quality games.

Lmfao.

SEGA is aiming for quick and easy money, by producing low quality products on the Wii. I'm fine with them doing this, as long as they still create good and real games.

Not all games they publish are developed by an in-house team like Sonic-Team.

Edited by Frieza

PSI Wind, you're better off ignoring Shadi until he/she goes away.

Had Sonic 06 been finished, it would probably have been pretty good, but a good chunk of the problems it had seem to have been the result of intentional choices, though it's hard to tell how much of that was the result of "it's all we have time for". Nevertheless, I still think I can safely say that it would have had too many pitfalls, but I'd rather not get off topic any furthur.

Meh, if Sonic '06 was completed it probably would have been an "okay" platformer at the very best. The storyline was awkward and weird, the graphics weren't anything to scoff at, half of the time you play as Sonic it's completely automated, Silver still would of had his ridiculous Desert Ball puzzle, etc.

Retail Sonic 06 is technically an alpha build, the finished product had zero input from playtesters, and there were many features yet to be implimented.