Awoo.

Persona 5 Scramble

Meta77

That's what happens when you get yourself too hyped up on rumors and believe them too hard.

I think it looks fun. I'll probably get it. I loved Hyrule and FE Warriors.

Hmm not sure if I should get this on switch or PS4...probably the latter as I need more stuff on my PS4 to play.

Character wise I feel there’s a ton of potential here going by KT’s past regarding well established game franchises. Obviously there’s the phantom thieves and possibly

Akechi whether in his justice or true form(or both if ones a alt for the other),  and Lavenza(though she could be like a super special transformation move for Caroline and Justine perhaps, similar to how Fierce Diety was a super move for young link)

Aside from that, there’s a lot of potential possibilities  if we take KT’s track record into account. Reps from Persona 4 or 5 could certainly be possible given their popularity, who in particular is up in the air. Some easy picks would of course be the protags, Aigis, or Teddy, along with the velvet attendees for their respective games, including Marie. Personally I’d love to see some obscure reps like Labrys appear since she barely ever gets any time to shine, and she was a pretty neat idea. Zen from Q would also be a neat surpsise(inb4 people point to his lack of a “normal design”, Ravio didn’t either and they updated his look)And as unlikely as it is, a Persona 1 or 2 character could be one of the best treats to see show up, but again, that’s more of a pipe dream. My point is that there’s a lot of potential options, I’m not expecting many of these guesses to come true lol

Aside from that speculation, I’m very much looking forward to hearing the remixes and seeing what locations they use for the game

Persona 5 Scramble really makes me want a Sonic musou game one day, as unrealistic as it sounds.

Really hoping they include P3 and P4 characters in this, otherwise the character roster would be too small in comparison to other musou games.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...

*Bump*

So playing Persona 5 Strikers. Loving it so far, and it genuinely amazes me how it’s basically just a sequel to P5, but is it just me, or does the audio sound a bit...weird sometimes? Like the characters sometimes will talk quietly, or get drowned out by the music

9 minutes ago, KHCast said:

*Bump*

So playing Persona 5 Strikers. Loving it so far, and it genuinely amazes me how it’s basically just a sequel to P5, but is it just me, or does the audio sound a bit...weird sometimes? Like the characters sometimes will talk quietly, or get drowned out by the music

A lot of people are speculating it's due to the fact the VAs had to record with different audio set-ups, as they're now working from home due to the pandemic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, I see. I was wondering if the pandemic played a role here. I’ll have to check the japanese version to see if the audio is different since that came out pre-pandemic I believe?

24 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Ah, I see. I was wondering if the pandemic played a role here. I’ll have to check the japanese version to see if the audio is different since that came out pre-pandemic I believe?

Yeah, it came out early last year in Japan, so recording work would've been done in 2019.

Been enjoying it myself too - there's a few things that hold it back from feeling like a full on sequel and I wish they had just lightly allowed some old save stuff from Persona 5 to make it feel a little more like a true continuation, like occasional dialogue differences for party members/NPCs that you'd fully bonded to or started a romance with in the original (though some stuff, like everyone having their original Personas for recognisability, makes sense of course).  It's strange how all the real world stuff feels a bit more shallow just for not having a time system like the original game did.  Occasionally it's a bit annoying how the party has to stop and chat about every single tiny little obvious roadblock they come across in leiu of actually presenting the player with genuine puzzles but... that was kind of an issue with P5 anyway so it all feels very familiar lol.  The combat is the point of the game, the rest is just set-dressing, but occasionally I have to remind myself of that.  That's just part of the "half-game, half-visual novel" genre that Persona goes for, and it's not like I don't love hanging out with these guys.

Sophia is friggin' adorable too, I love her.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm enjoying Strikers a fair bit, but I do have to admit there's stuff I kind of dislike. I feel like the characters themselves are too weak defensively, even with the best protectors available equipped to them, with enemies being capable of knocking out moves that can wipe out 200hp in one shot. Bosses especially are infuriating with how tanky they are, and how easily they can destroy the Phantom Thieves, with some moves literally one-shotting them in one go. I didn't like that shit in Persona 5, and I don't like it here either. 

I like pretty much everything else, story, graphics, music, the new characters (Lack of Royal mentions absolutely suck though, and I hate how they couldn't even throw in a token mention of Kasumi being off somewhere), and combat's pretty fun when it clicks, I just wish the balance of damage/defence was better dished out. Bosses in general needed a massive overhaul though, these 5 to 10 minute long fights are really annoying.

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

(Lack of Royal mentions absolutely suck though, and I hate how they couldn't even throw in a token mention of Kasumi being off somewhere)

Isn’t it because this game is in the original vanilla P5 timeline?

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Isn’t it because this game is in the original vanilla P5 timeline?

It is, but I don't really think it should've been, frankly. Royal and Strikers were in development at the same time, while they might've wanted to keep some plot details secret, I don't think it would've been that tricky if there was at least some communication to allow the Strikers staff to keep continuity.

It's different for something like Persona 4 Golden where the Golden release came long after spin-offs and the original, with only P4DAN following it. Having Royal come out first, and then Strikers being touted around as the big sequel without even paying minor lip-service to Royal just makes it feel like a weird non-canon experience, even more dumb when Royal is the clear obvious choice to recommend to people now over the original. Even just a line like "Kasuni's doing well at internationals" or something would've been more than enough to clear up any continuity hitches.

To be honest, it's pretty much a 50/50 split on who their choice to please was there.  As someone who only played vanilla P5, I'm was glad to not be punished for my lack of double-dipping, and to be honest I kinda hate the idea of a game throwing out a canon that so many folks enjoyed and demanding they pay for and play a 60+ hour game again to see the new "true" version.  So on that basis I'm pretty happy with them making Royal the non-canon one if one has to be.

Granted, having the characters mention Kasumi wouldn't be that much worse for me than the fact that apparently my Joker and Makoto broke up at some point in the last 6 months and the party-members that I bonded up to level 10 with all lost their upgraded Personas for unknown reasons but I do think the absence of such variable plot points are better than the inclusion of something that might confuse vanilla P5 players.

Again... probably the best solution here that would have pleased everyone would've been to include your desired throwaway line(s) about Kasumi if the player has Royal data on their Playstation.  And uhh... people who played Royal but then moved over to Switch or PC for Strikers be damned lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Joker and Makoto 

prpCXZ1.gif

Seriously speaking, I absolutely agree with this. At first, I thought they were at least allowing you to make a choice if Joker had any romanced confidants in the original game if you chose characters for events, such as:

Spoiler

When you invite someone to go on the Ferris Wheel with you, if you pick Makoto, Joker gets a option to straight up say it's a date, and Makoto doesn't react with a level of shock or anything, rather just acting a little awkward as she does in Persona 5 normally, due to her being inexperienced with this type of thing. She isn't especially flustered or anything like she would've been in the original game if you openly flirted with her.

But later on, they pretty much shoot it down by having Makoto explicitly state that she and Joker are just friends during the fourth jail, and I've heard there's a few moments where they shoot down other romanceable confidants like that too, and I find that really disappointing. I don't think it needed to be explicitly canon or anything, obviously, but I would've preferred if the game gave you dialogue options that let you act as if you took certain paths in P5 with your confidants without contradicting it.

I heard other characters get it worse, since Joker essentially ends up as a third wheel with Ann and Morgana, which really sucks for anyone who romanced Ann in the base game. 

What's extremely weird is the game has bonuses if it detects you have a Persona 5 or Royal save file, so it's really weird how it doesn't account for your original game's choices. With how much detail goes into these games normally, you'd think they'd implement a way of doing that, even if it just amounted to minor dialogue alterations. 

18 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Again... probably the best solution here that would have pleased everyone would've been to include your desired throwaway line(s) about Kasumi if the player has Royal data on their Playstation.  And uhh... people who played Royal but then moved over to Switch or PC for Strikers be damned lol.

I think it's just a huge double-edged sword in general. I didn't really like the idea of Royal from the start, but I loved most of the story elements it added and expanded upon, so much so that apart from the ending being vastly inferior to Vanilla P5, I see it as the absolute definitive version because it fixes a lot of P5's narrative issues, especially with Akechi, and adds a lot more story in general. Seeing everything built up to there just forgotten is super lame to me. I don't expect Strikers to be a sequel to Royal entirely, but I really don't see the harm in even minimally mentioning things that happened in it, even if it's just obvious stuff we knew from the very first promotional material (IE - Kasumi is a Phantom Thief). 

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay so I’m only on the second prison, but wow, the music in this game is such a banger. Sendai? Seriously one of my favorite songs. I’m sad it can’t be in Persona 5 Dancing or Smash, cause god a remix of this would seriously be amazing.

15 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
Spoiler

I heard other characters get it worse, since Joker essentially ends up as a third wheel with Ann and Morgana, which really sucks for anyone who romanced Ann in the base game.

For the record:

Spoiler

That's just one of the dialogue options if you invite Ann onto the Ferris wheel, since Morgana tags along with her no matter what. One of the other options let's you call Morgana the third wheel instead.

Lack of major connections with old save data aside, I'm really enjoying Strikers so far. I've made it a fair ways through the story and, while the combat can get particularly nasty whenever those heavy hitters and/or bosses arrive, it's otherwise something that I'm increasingly growing fond of the further I go along, and the more the characters' skills improve. 

Spoiler

Did they seriously do the the bathhouse scene AGAIN? 

Also, how stupid are the masses? The Phantom Thieves are framed a SECOND time for murder and being evil, and everyone just...believes the people saying it? Did they not learn after the whole Shido incident from just a few months before?

6 hours ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

Did they seriously do the the bathhouse scene AGAIN? 

Also, how stupid are the masses? The Phantom Thieves are framed a SECOND time for murder and being evil, and everyone just...believes the people saying it? Did they not learn after the whole Shido incident from just a few months before?

Spoiler

Not quite sure as I'm still working through it myself, but the framing act for the Phantom Thieves was done when a large amount of people were brainwashed via the change of heart IIRC. The police are implied to all have their hearts changed in order to act particularly brutally when they interrogate Zenchiki, and when submitting false evidence, something Sae later and very easily - tears apart, which leaves the police in a desperate scramble to cover up, buying the thieves enough time to clear their names.

Other than that, the only place where the thieves are explicitly name-dropped as villains is in the sixth city, which is under Konoe's influence, their hearts are changed and they have a crippling dependence on EMMA, are obsessed with Konoe, with many lauding how great he is, and many women even saying how they want to be with him, and how they take him at his word that the Phantom Thieves are villains.  Only other person is Akane, who's manipulated into being turned into a Monarch by Konoe, so she's effectively brainwashed too.

It's hard to say how many actually believes the Thieves are evil here, as so many at that point in the story are implied to have their desires stolen and bent to Konoe's will.