Awoo.

Rating System?

KittyNakajima

Well, I'm curious as to what the five star graphic is all about in any member's photo and profile page. I've noticed that I'm 4 out of 5 stars and I'm not entirely sure what to make of it since I didn't even realize one could be rated. I almost mistook it for the warning system, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to see other folks' star standings if that was the case. I'm also wondering if it's synonymous with how some forums have special tiers/titles based on how many posts a member has made, like "Newbie", "Regular Poster", or "Oldie Sitting in the Background".

Maybe I'm over thinking something that's simply a nice little feature, but for the life of me I'm surprisingly curious. :P

Edited by KittyNakajima

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KittyNakajima

• bmn

• Pelly <3's U

• Remy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not all that nice, really. You can rate someone as a 1 star for not agreeing with your opinion on something. I myself am guilty of rating people low, even., but I would like to see it removed. Sometimes they deserve it, but it's not necessarily nice seeing a low star number on your profile whenever you log in.

It's not all that nice, really. You can rate someone as a 1 star for not agreeing with your opinion on something. I myself am guilty of rating people low, even., but I would like to see it removed. Sometimes they deserve it, but it's not necessarily nice seeing a low star number on your profile whenever you log in.

Eee! :mellow: I didn't realize it was that kind of rating system. Especially since I didn't realize you could do that and don't quite know how to do it myself. But I only have one star missing so I guess there's someone who didn't agree with me out there. Not that I'm at all surprised - I tend to be pretty sassy when I do pop in to say something.

I think it was in place even pre-crash, but I've never really paid any attention to it and I don't actually think I've ever heard of anyone saying they actually use it. Don't worry about it. It really isn't indicative of anything anyways.

Edited by Tornado

I wouldn't worry about it too much really.

most people are at 4 anyway, I wouldn't take it too seriously as a representation of how much people like you