Jump to content
StellarBlur

Lost Palace, Frozen Junkyard and Hidden Volcano Gameplay

Recommended Posts

What happened to Knuckles' voice? It sounds awful most of the time. Some lines sound fine, but mostly... Yuck.

"Woah that's fast" "ultimate team action is on" and "back up to speed" sound nothing like him. What happened? I think when his voice sounded off in a trailer a while ago, noisy of us thought nothing of it and assumed it was an outtake or some strange post-processing mistake.

If not for the like, single line that sound fine, I'd be guessing that his VA was replaced. "Why is everything so wet" sounds normal. I don't get why everything else is really off.

The music for Lost Palace appears to be an original piece, which is nice (although I was looking forward to Can You Feel the Sunshine). The level is barely recognisable to its ASR original version too. Not just the aesthetics, but also the layout of the course as it's been changed to accommodate the new controls and wider roads. It's quite nice. But speaking of wider roads... Oof. The courses are all looking wide to the point of being empty and all turns being loose and gentle. People have been talking about this for months, but I hadn't personally felt any issue until now. That's probably because of how little of the game we've seen until very recently, and the fact that I've not been watching the footage that was available very much. Looking at it now though, the player spends huge amounts on time in each of those courses driving driving straight forwards and making only slight swerves to navigate the road. It's not good. 😕

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The music used in Lost Palace is... Pretty sweet. Sounds like a colab between Tee and Jun. The level itself? Well, it's not exactly like the ASR one, so that's a plus. It doesn't look particularly exciting either 😕

Erm... Why the Hidden Volcano has no soundtrack? Is this game even completed tho'?

Game looks smooth, but the lightning kinda dull sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jango said:

The music used in Lost Palace is... Erm... Why the Hidden Volcano has no soundtrack? Is this game even completed tho'?

Whoever recorded the footage was clearly just messing around with sound settings for video capture purposes. Voices are off on Frozen Junkyard and both voices and music are off on Hidden Volcano.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why tho'? Every video gameplay from Crash Team Racing GameSpot posted had music, voices, SFX, everything on and crisp (except the player, that was turned off xD). 

It's like they want to make TSR look worse on purpose :V

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm not the only one who noticed that Knux's voice sounds... off. Was Travis Willingham just having a really bad day in the voice booth?

Sadly, the tracks don't look all too interesting to race on. As Blue Blood noted, they just seem so wide and straightforward to the point that it makes the tracks feel empty, which is a shame.

Aside from the soundtrack, I just don't think this game has managed to catch my attention enough for me to warrant a purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprisingly, I'm not finding the wide tracks to be too big an issue here, mainly in regards to corners - Lava Mountain for instance still has some corners I'd consider somewhat tight, particularly due to the lava gimmick. I see where folks are coming from though, and I do think it's an issue compared to the other titles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love love love the track playing for Lost Palace, it reminds me of something else from the series I can't name right now, but probably my favourite so far! There's a lot of footage and impressions swirling around and most of it seems to be quite positive, though I found two mentions of disconnection problems during online races - hopefully they'll be able to maintain the servers before launch. The wide track design is most likely for the slipstream mechanic not becoming too aggravating.

I found some footage with bits from Thunder Deck, Boo's House, Doctor's Mine and story dialogue from Amy. I suggest turning off the sound though unless you're into some bland German commentary: https://www.4players.de/4players.php/tvplayer/4PlayersTV/Alle/39521/135160/Team_Sonic_Racing/Video-Vorschau.html

Also some Chao gameplay including their Ultimate if anyone's interested. It's Omochao's first speaking role since Free Riders(?) and it sounds even higher-pitched than before:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

Love love love the track playing for Lost Palace, it reminds me of something else from the series I can't name right now, but probably my favourite so far! There's a lot of footage and impressions swirling around and most of it seems to be quite positive, though I found two mentions of disconnection problems during online races - hopefully they'll be able to maintain the servers before launch. The wide track design is most likely for the slipstream mechanic not becoming too aggravating.

I found some footage with bits from Thunder Deck, Boo's House, Doctor's Mine and story dialogue from Amy. I suggest turning off the sound though unless you're into some bland German commentary: https://www.4players.de/4players.php/tvplayer/4PlayersTV/Alle/39521/135160/Team_Sonic_Racing/Video-Vorschau.html

Also some Chao gameplay including their Ultimate if anyone's interested. It's Omochao's first speaking role since Free Riders(?) and it sounds even higher-pitched than before:

 

Boo's House looks really cool. I think that track has the potential to be the best in the game. Thunder Deck also looks good but it's expected as it was great in ASR.

Hidden Volcano doesn't look good graphically at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NegaMetallix said:

So I'm not the only one who noticed that Knux's voice sounds... off. Was Travis Willingham just having a really bad day in the voice booth?

Sadly, the tracks don't look all too interesting to race on. As Blue Blood noted, they just seem so wide and straightforward to the point that it makes the tracks feel empty, which is a shame.

Aside from the soundtrack, I just don't think this game has managed to catch my attention enough for me to warrant a purchase.

Its not him , I think its rodger pulling double duty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, thanks, finally the Ultimate Theme for the detective you want on your side no one could have seen coming. I hope we get some longer versions of the remixes somewhere in the game, or as part of the OST, because they're wasted on the boost moves.

You're right about Hidden Volcano, the lava looks really plastic when it was fine in Transformed's Adder's Lair. I love how King Boom Boo stalks you through Boo's House! The other tracks still must be under NDA, we have nothing from Sand Road and the inevitable Pinball Highway/Casino Park 3.

Bonus:

image.png.4e1ab74748f18a854b1bad72297bf24f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Egg Hangar is as good as confirmed, Final Fortress wouldn't start off with Thunder Deck otherwise and they can pretty much reuse the track 1:1 from Transformed.

I want to say yes on Galactic Parade, but at this point (sadly) it's 90% just gonna be Pinball Highway. Starlight Carnival just doesn't fit too well with two Casino Park tracks and the other zones are all very cohesive in their theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

Egg Hangar is as good as confirmed, Final Fortress wouldn't start off with Thunder Deck otherwise and they can pretty much reuse the track 1:1 from Transformed.

I want to say yes on Galactic Parade, but at this point (sadly) it's 90% just gonna be Pinball Highway. Starlight Carnival just doesn't fit too well with two Casino Park tracks and the other zones are all very cohesive in their theme.

Final Fortress starts off with Thunder Deck but we do have Dark Arsenal as well so that doesn't mean much. I guess we can only hope for Galactic Parade lol. I hate how we're hoping for scraps lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StellarBlur said:

Gives gameplay of at least one entire lap for each track with a competent player.

1:21 into this video.... what's that music track?!
I know I know it and know I should know it..... but my mind has went totally blank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ryan92 said:

1:21 into this video.... what's that music track?!
I know I know it and know I should know it..... but my mind has went totally blank!

I think its a remix of Reach for the Stars but I'm also weirdly not sure... and I should absolutely know it tooo !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, StellarBlur said:

I think its a remix of Reach for the Stars but I'm also weirdly not sure... and I should absolutely know it tooo !

Yeah that is it for sure! It sounds very Sonic Runners which I think threw me off a little 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I guess no one is going to play as Amy.

Why would no one play as Amy ?

5 hours ago, Ryan92 said:

Yeah that is it for sure! It sounds very Sonic Runners which I think threw me off a little 😛 

Yeah I was confused too haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, StellarBlur said:

Why would no one play as Amy ?

Um, because they didn't? I haven't seen anyone play a full race with Amy yet and none of her customs parts have been shown off yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Um, because they didn't? I haven't seen anyone play a full race with Amy yet and none of her customs parts have been shown off yet.

Fair enough. Plenty of characters haven't been played tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 3:12 PM, LukA8 said:

Love love love the track playing for Lost Palace, it reminds me of something else from the series I can't name right now, but probably my favourite so far!

It reminds me a lot of Sonic Runners music. Kinda mellow, but sweet. Jun's eletric guitar (I'm assuming it's him) adds a great contrast. Sounds a little like Dragon Ball Z (games) music tho'.

Seriously, I need a clean version of this song ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.