Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Big the Cat Music Video

Patron

Join Arin from Game Grumps, Jirard The Completionist, and Jun Senoue in a special musical sensation featuring everybody's* favorite cat!

(Content on below channels is NOT created by SEGA so please note there may be mature content there that is not appropriate for children or younger viewers):

Check out Game Grumps: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9CuvdOVfMPvKCiwdGKL3cQ

Check out The Completionist: https://www.youtube.com/user/ThatOneVideoGamer

*except for most people

I'm out here looking for Froggy
but now my feet are so soggy

They call me fat and not smart
but I have a big heart

Fishing is really my passion
I think a single belt is fashion

Everybody gives me a bad time
so I came up with this sad rhyme

I'm Big the Cat
and no one can deny that

Everyone loves me
except for most people

That is my cross to bear
and sandals with socks I wear

HAHA!
WHOOOO!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Alright, it’s a cool idea, but am I the only one confused why Arin not only is still appearing in this promotional campaign, but has top billing over Jirard, and Jun himself?

• Thumbs Up 2

giphy.gif

Sooooo...... did somebody ask for this, or...?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 5

6 minutes ago, Soniman said:

So like...is this gonna be in the game?

Aaron, Arin and Jirad visited Japan together in an earlier video to play some Team Sonic Racing. During the trip they had a jam session with Jun Senoue, which resulted in this song. Arin is a big fan of Jun, so this was most likely a big moment for him.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

I'm not buying the game if that song is in it.

It won't.

25 minutes ago, Patron said:

I'm Big the Cat
and no one can deny that

Everyone loves me
except for most people

That's about right

• Chuckle 2

It's something that was created during promotion, but it isn't part of the game.

SEGA seems to be coming up with more and more unique ways of promoting their games. Really cool animation shorts and this rather shit song. Well, if it helps sell a few more copies, then good...I guess.

As for the music

Image result for burn it with fire gif 

I'm absolutely considering this to be a canon vocal song for the series and much as I'll be adding the Mania Adventures remixes to my Mania soundtrack playlists you bet your ass this is going in my TSR soundtrack playlists.

Like I didn't even laugh at it or anything it just managed to cross over that second barrier of obnoxiousness where it loops round into something enjoyable for me.

I dropped off of Game Grumps many years ago now but... why is Aaron Webber trying to associate Egoraptor with Sonic? Ego has never understood Sonic games or found them fun, and all of his recorded media regarding Sonic is shitting on it. Not that most of the games he has shit on don't deserve it, but its not like he's a long suffering fan who wants the games to be better; he's never had any actual interest in them. It's fine for him to have these opinions, but why in the world would you actively include him in your marketing?

As for the song itself, I understand its just a jam session thing, but those lyrics were painfully unfunny and there was nothing catchy at all about it. 

• Thumbs Up 4

23 minutes ago, Legendary Emerald said:

I dropped off of Game Grumps many years ago now but... why is Aaron Webber trying to associate Egoraptor with Sonic? Ego has never understood Sonic games or found them fun, and all of his recorded media regarding Sonic is shitting on it. Not that most of the games he has shit on don't deserve it, but its not like he's a long suffering fan who wants the games to be better; he's never had any actual interest in them. It's fine for him to have these opinions, but why in the world would you actively include him in your marketing? [...]

I'm trying to scroll through the Sonic Officials, but somewhere in there Aaron pointed out that Arin was not only one of the first users to create an animation based on the Sonic franchise, but especially on Knuckles Chaotix, one of the more obscure games. Therefore his interest in and knowledge of the franchise might be deeper than it appears to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean really? I didn't even watch the full video because of it simply focusing on Big. I mean why not one for Sonic, Shadow, Blaze or anyone else other than Big. Sure he's a meme character but come on. Sure it's sort of interesting advertising though.

On 5/2/2019 at 8:02 PM, Patron said:

Aaron, Arin and Jirad visited Japan together in an earlier video to play some Team Sonic Racing. During the trip they had a jam session with Jun Senoue, which resulted in this song. Arin is a big fan of Jun, so this was most likely a big moment for him.

Didn't Arin hate on SA1? Although the videos are hilarious, especially the levels with Big 😛

Spoiler

On 5/2/2019 at 8:03 PM, Wraith said:

I'm not buying the game if that song is in it.

Why hate on Arin? He and Aaron made Big popular again, which is why we finally have him in a console Sonic game since 9 years!

On 5/3/2019 at 12:42 AM, Legendary Emerald said:

I dropped off of Game Grumps many years ago now but... why is Aaron Webber trying to associate Egoraptor with Sonic? Ego has never understood Sonic games or found them fun, and all of his recorded media regarding Sonic is shitting on it. Not that most of the games he has shit on don't deserve it, but its not like he's a long suffering fan who wants the games to be better; he's never had any actual interest in them. It's fine for him to have these opinions, but why in the world would you actively include him in your marketing?

Arin's videos are meant to be angry and funny, where he rages at the game's bugs! Would the videos be as funny if he played the good game Sonic Generations instead of the bad game Sonic 06?

On 5/2/2019 at 2:01 PM, Balding Spider said:

giphy.gif

Sooooo...... did somebody ask for this, or...?

I think we asked for more characters, more unique tracks...

But this should do it.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Arin's videos are meant to be angry and funny, where he rages at the game's bugs! Would the videos be as funny if he played the good game Sonic Generations instead of the bad game Sonic 06?

Nothing about Game Grumps feels genuine to me anymore, and even the old stuff doesn't hold up when I try to rewatch it today. Grumps stuff is successful with mostly younger people nowadays, and I can't fault Ego for making bank off of it. I just don't think he is a good spokesperson for Sonic considering I don't think he played and enjoyed a Sonic game until Sonic Mania (and I had to ask someone who still watches GG to know that). But Aaron Webber seems intent on converting him for some reason, so we keep having situations like this. It's just kind of embarrassing to see him seek legitimacy from a man who has proven to not know much about game design, no matter how much that first Sequelitus video tricked everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Legendary Emerald said:

Nothing about Game Grumps feels genuine to me anymore, and even the old stuff doesn't hold up when I try to rewatch it today. Grumps stuff is successful with mostly younger people nowadays, and I can't fault Ego for making bank off of it. I just don't think he is a good spokesperson for Sonic considering I don't think he played and enjoyed a Sonic game until Sonic Mania (and I had to ask someone who still watches GG to know that). But Aaron Webber seems intent on converting him for some reason, so we keep having situations like this. It's just kind of embarrassing to see him seek legitimacy from a man who has proven to not know much about game design, no matter how much that first Sequelitus video tricked everyone.

They should associate with DanTDM and Jacksepticeye, real Sonic fans! Give Jecksepticeye the role of Irish the Hedgehog! (would be so awesome if they did a character just for him to cameo)

• Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I feel like some of the humour is supposed to come from Arin's hatred of the Sonic games in a very wink-wink-nudge-nudge kind of way.  But it kind of misses the mark, judging by the fan reaction here, and the fact that, because Arin can't actually say anything negative about Sonic in said collaborations, it all seems very fake and awkward.  And without the background context - the fact that Arin had such a rough time playing through Big the Cat's story in SA1 - the fact that he's now collaborating with official Sonic musicians to sing a song about the character doesn't make any sense whatsoever as an ironic joke.  It just results in confusion, case in point, comments like this:

18 hours ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

I mean really? I didn't even watch the full video because of it simply focusing on Big. I mean why not one for Sonic, Shadow, Blaze or anyone else other than Big. Sure he's a meme character but come on. Sure it's sort of interesting advertising though.

At the same time though, I think it's a matter of convenience that they are tying this into TSR's promotional materials.  Really, it's nothing more than typical midweek Sonic social media shitposting, as they are wont to do. But since said shitposting was inspired by the pre-release period of this game, they might as well link it to that.  People might be taking it a bit too seriously in that sense, as if something more worthwhile could have existed in it's place.  (And uhh, to be fair, like, maybe yeah. I assume it was the western PR team's idea to make TSR animations so surely whatever budget flew Arin and Jarid out to Japan to stay the weekend could've been better spent on stuff like the animations, I dunno).

• Thumbs Up 7