Awoo.

Left 4 Dead 3 trailer possibly leaked(disconfirmed)

KHCast

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/05/02/rumor-left-4-dead-3-trailer-leaks-online/?fbclid=IwAR0jC9p_a8Q-pUTkJRbo6hEssq1PELaGuAtZhmzxa9uwiertMMOhLYFbYT0

Take it with a grain of salt, but supposedly a trailer for left 4 dead 3 just randomly got posted out of nowhere from a random user.

It looks pretty real, but official word on the project from valve has been non existent, so we’ll have to wait and see. Given the competitiveness of Epic lately though, I wouldn’t be shocked if valve is getting ready to pull out their own big guns to fire back at them. For now though, I’m not entirely convinced, given this is valve, and a random user just happened to post this. Still, it seems like discussion around this has been starting to pick up so thought I’d bring it up to everyone here

edit: it’s been confirmed fake by Valve.

If the one bright side to Epic’s exclusivity bullshit is to get Valve off their ass and develop things again, as well as curating Steam, then it’s a necessary evil it seems.

If it’s true, really hope we see some console ports as well. L4D2 was a big 360 game, so seeing it on PS4/One or the next gen versions would be neat. Personally, I’m hoping for Team Fortress 3 or Portal 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

This may have something to do with Back 4 Blood, a new zombie game coming soon from the developers of Left 4 Dead. Then again, I’m not getting my hopes too high up for this trailer. There’s a good chance that it’s fake.

29 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If the one bright side to Epic’s exclusivity bullshit is to get Valve off their ass and develop things again, as well as curating Steam, then it’s a necessary evil it seems.

Valve not developing games doesn't equate to them doing nothing.

Just now, Sean said:

Not developing sequels to games doesn't equate to doing nothing.

I never said they were doing nothing, I said I want them to develop things again, as well as finally begin some quality control on Steam's storefront that's allowed it to become such a shithole of shovelware and crap. There's a distinct difference between those, and "they aren't doing anything". 

Getting off their asses is purely in the sense of finally developing things again, and fixing the mess they allowed Steam to be, not just literally sitting around doing nothing. 

38 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I see this sentiment a lot. It sounds nice but has no basis in reality. If this teaser for L4D3 is real (it probably isn't) then I don't see how it could be done in response to any of Epic's recent exclusive deals, because the game would probably have been in development for a while.

And they're not going to change their approach to curation (which has also been slowly evolving over time) because of them either. If Epic moneyhats a big title, that's the end of it; Valve has no recourse but to do the same thing themselves, or make Steam more attractive for publishers so that Epic store exclusivity isn't worth it. Consumers are going to go where the games they want to play are. Valve already offers the better service, so even if they did the things you're mentioning and removed shovelware from the store it wouldn't matter. 

On the topic of the teaser; it's very well-made but the real-life brands, like Pepsi and Life cereal are red flags to me. It also doesn't look like it's outside the realm of what a fan is capable of faking--there's little in the way of animation. It's mostly just a camera panning through a gas station. I guess we'll see. 

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Solly said:

I see this sentiment a lot. It sounds nice but has no basis in reality. If this teaser for L4D3 is real (it probably isn't) then I don't see how it could be done in response to any of Epic's recent exclusive deals, because the game would probably have been in development for a while.

And they're not going to change their approach to curation (which has also been slowly evolving over time) because of them either. If Epic moneyhats a big title, that's the end of it; Valve has no recourse but to do the same thing themselves, or make Steam more attractive for publishers so that Epic store exclusivity isn't worth it. Consumers are going to go where the games they want to play are. Valve already offers the better service, so even if they did the things you're mentioning and removed shovelware from the store it wouldn't matter. 

On the topic of the teaser; it's very well-made but the real-life brands, like Pepsi and Life cereal are red flags to me. It also doesn't look like it's outside the realm of what a fan is capable of faking--there's little in the way of animation. It's mostly just a camera panning through a gas station. I guess we'll see. 

It reminds me of the resident evil 2 remake teaser trailer actually. Lots of panning with little shown until the thing that reveals what it is happens at the end 

Cmon guys, it's obviously fake. After all, we all know that Valve can't count to three.

In all seriousness though, I really need to give LFD2 a go one of these days. Just another victim of my massive backlog.

As much as I desperately desperately would love L4D3 to be a thing, I'm not super convinced.  The trailer was exceptionally generic, and with so many zombie games out there you'd expect them to put at least a LITTLE hint of something special or new.  Literally the only things "L4D" in the trailer were the CEDA mention on a post-it note, the Smoker's tongue (which a common viewer would just observe as a bunch o' guts) and of course, the reveal at the end.

People have done some pretty fantastic stuff with Source Film-maker over the years, so there's nothing here for me to get hyped over at this point.  Not worth the risk of disappointment later.  It all seems very conveniently lacking in details that a fan-made fake trailer couldn't come up with.

• Thumbs Up 1

• The topic was locked