Awoo.

The ProJared Drama

Perkilator

I’ve heard of the drama, and I’m……I’m honestly just angry. I was subbed to Jared since 2017, and to see that this has happened makes me disgusted.

In case people aren’t sure, Jared cheated on his wife and sent nudes to underage fans.

And those fans are posting the more "tame" pictures on twitter. They show up in response to his ex-wifes twitter talking about her stories with Jared. Obviously it's NSFW:

Edit: Wow, effin' Holly Conrad just showed up in my who to follow listings.

Um...for those that don't know who he is, perhaps somebody could explain what a "ProJared" is and why it has fans? (This might sound like a joke but I really don't know who he is.)

Well, it could be worse. Of all of the scandals to befall Jon and his friends/former friends following the fallout from those Twitch comments by Jon a couple of years ago, only one of them suffers from being Arin.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

19 minutes ago, DanJ86 said:

Um...for those that don't know who he is, perhaps somebody could explain what a "ProJared" is and why it has fans? (This might sound like a joke but I really don't know who he is.) 

He's a youtube gamer personality, and comes from the entertainment group Normal Boots, the same place the Completionist and formerly Jontron hailed from. He covered game reviews, Let's Play's, ect.

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Well, it could be worse. Of all of the scandals to befall Jon and his friends/former friends following the fallout from those Twitch comments by Jon a couple of years ago, only one of them suffers from being Arin.

Arin hasn't done anything like this though has he? He's not a racist like JonTron or miscreant in the way ProJared is?

If anything Arin seems to be the most well-adjusted out of all of them from what I know (which is nothing, but the fact I haven't heard anything about him is telling).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

31 minutes ago, Plasme said:

Arin hasn't done anything like this though has he? He's not a racist like JonTron or miscreant in the way ProJared is?

That we know of.

This is the problem with internet personalities, they only show the image they want us to see. We have no way to know either way to be honest.

This whole ProJared thing kind of surprised me but I can't say I'm shocked. I liked ProJared's reviews but he always gave me some asshole-ish vibes from his videos alone.

1 minute ago, Blue Wisp said:

That we know of.

This is the problem with internet personalities, they only show the image they want us to see. We have no way to know either way to be honest.

This whole ProJared thing kind of surprised me but I can't say I'm shocked. I liked ProJared's reviews but he always gave me some asshole-ish vibes from his videos alone.

That's true, but his views on feminism and race are far more amiable than JonTron, for example.

He seems like a far more decent person.

Jon may have racist views, ProJared may be a baby rapist, PBG may be a pro-baby-rapist, Channel Awesome may have been loaded with child groomers.

None of them have ever been spokesmen for Sonic games like Arin, though.

2 hours ago, DanJ86 said:

He was (was being the operative term, given what he's done) a popular YouTube game reviewer, who got his popularity boost through Normal Boots, the same way JonTron, PeanutButterGamer, and The Completionist have had. Jared specifically handled a different variety of stuff, including retrospectives (A massive DB games retrospective), reviews of games, and bad game TV shows (Similar to PBG), and more. 

The point really is that Projared was one of the more popular YouTubers in terms of games, hailing as one of the oldest, since coming from NormalBoots, and even had his share of big events, including being invited to star on a Nick television show at one point. This coming out about him after so many years of him being so popular is what makes this so shocking.

Ironically, the Nick show he was invited to appear in was Game-Shakers - not only a show focused making games, but also created by the now infamous Dan Schneider, who has his own history of controversy and creepy shit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Seeing as how I only watched like two of his reviews, both of which I didn't like, and I found his personality to be boring, this largely has me just feeling like I dodged a bullet, trying to see what the fuss was about.

I would see his face in thumbnails for videos titled "Grading Bethesda's E3 Press Conference" or something like that and avoid it because the idea of grading a press conference sounded dumb to me. I kind of just like it when people just say it sucked or it was good. 

Also (and I felt bad about it before but not anymore) I kind of felt like he gave off a douchebag vibe. I had no reason to believe that but the feeling was strong enough that I just didn't bother with him.

So this news is largely all I know about him, really.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was never an avid follower of Game Grumps but honestly I'm so disappointed in Holly for not only willingly sleeping with a married man, but having the audacity to try to imply that Heidi is lying at first AND offer Jared sympathy. 

Screenshot_20190509-141155_Twitter.thumb.jpg.141638da10479d03ca29b397c85bd1ad.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-140940_Twitter.thumb.jpg.c6b62e649bbd21f5326442879368fad1.jpg

>"I'd never hurt anyone and only want the best and happiness for those around me."

>sleeps with her best friend's husband

There's some pretty huge irony in the fact she's saying you shouldn't believe a random person on the internet over her when she is in fact - a random person on the internet who did something awful and has reason to lie about it to protect herself.

It disgusts me that something like this happened, it disgusts me further that the people who did this are trying to play innocent and blame the victim for bullshitting for seemingly no reason when there's fucking proof to her words.

• Thumbs Up 8

I've been watching this stuff go down last night and boy what a mess.

I honestly never expected something like this to go down. Firstly I didn't expect Holly of all people to sleep with a married man, assuming if she wasn't still married to Ross at the time. I had this image of her being wholesome and needless to say that got shattered pretty quickly. Secondly I'm surprised that PBG would come in and defend Jared during this despite a lot of shit being dug about the guy. Like Holly I always thought of him as someone wholesome and I'd like to think he's not really in the know as he claims to be (which is different can of worms) but again this is just odd for him. I don't want to lose respect for someone I really liked on Youtube but if it happens, it happens. Kind of wish he didn't got himself involved when he should had known better.

As for the main instigator of this, Jared? Well I thought he was "eh ok" and despite him being one of the older gaming Youtubers I wasn't too into him because he was too monotone and really didn't talked about stuff I was too interested in. But wow I never thought he would go off and do all these things he's reportedly done. I dunno if its just me but the way he worded his announcement of his divorce was condescending since it implied that he saw Heidi as a crazy woman with mental sickness. I wasn't really a fan of him so I'm not too shaken that he turned out to be a douche in the end.

I just don't know what else to say. I'm losing respect for people and to be frank flat out disgusted by the whole ordeal as anyone would be. Man its weird knowing that a lot of popular Youtubers are getting into hot water lately. Normal Boots might end up becoming what happened with Channel Awesome at this rate. If it happens, oh well. All I can ask for right now is those who are deeply affected by this asshat to recover from this mess. I know Heidi didn't deserve any of this shit so my best wishes goes to her.

• Thumbs Up 4

Is there a way I can find out what's going down in a manner that's more comprehensive and sequential? Perhaps the twitter accounts of the affiliated parties or somewhere that's got a running tally of the events so far. Unlike Channel Awesome, where it was easy to do because I was already invested in those people (and knew a great deal about some of their grievances before the Change the Channel thing blew up) this is literally the first time I've had any interest in Jared or PBG. I'm interested in finding out just how big a bullet I dodged, avoiding their content.

49 minutes ago, Iggy said:

I was never an avid follower of Game Grumps but honestly I'm so disappointed in Holly for not only willingly sleeping with a married man, but having the audacity to try to imply that Heidi is lying at first AND offer Jared sympathy. 

Screenshot_20190509-141155_Twitter.thumb.jpg.141638da10479d03ca29b397c85bd1ad.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-140940_Twitter.thumb.jpg.c6b62e649bbd21f5326442879368fad1.jpg

>"I'd never hurt anyone and only want the best and happiness for those around me."

>sleeps with her best friend's husband

Okay, no, fuck all that. I swear this goes beyond being 2-faced, and trying to across as a victim in this scandal too. Cancel the both of them.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Is there a way I can find out what's going down in a manner that's more comprehensive and sequential? Perhaps the twitter accounts of the affiliated parties or somewhere that's got a running tally of the events so far. Unlike Channel Awesome, where it was easy to do because I was already invested in those people (and knew a great deal about some of their grievances before the Change the Channel thing blew up) this is literally the first time I've had any interest in Jared or PBG. I'm interested in finding out just how big a bullet I dodged, avoiding their content.

I don't think so, also doesn't help that certain people have removed their tweets after being called out. Peanut Butter Gamer is one of those - since he originally had a tweet replying to the victim saying "This ain't it Chief", and it's seemingly been deleted now after he was called out on it. 

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I don't think so, also doesn't help that certain people have removed their tweets after being called out. Peanut Butter Gamer is one of those - since he originally had a tweet replying to the victim saying "This ain't it Chief", and it's seemingly been deleted now after he was called out on it. 

Damn. 

I guess I can still try to piece things together from what is still out there. Plus, this is the internet so I'm sure someone's nabbed the most damning stuff already. 

I've watched PBG since I was 12. He was pretty much my first exposure to online content creators. I just really hope he wakes up and condemn's Jared's actions because seeing him getting dragged down for blindly defending him is seriously hurting my heart.

6 hours ago, Perkilator said:

I’ve heard of the drama, and I’m……I’m honestly just angry. I was subbed to Jared since 2017, and to see that this has happened makes me disgusted.

In case people aren’t sure, Jared cheated on his wife and sent nudes to underage fans.

This is the only part I haven't heard so far. None of Heidi's tweets mentioned underage fans, so all I know is that the possibility existed. I don't think many people outside of the young would be enamored with a youtube star enough to show them their bodies, but whether that's sub-18 young or not seems to just be an assumption at the point. Correct me if I'm wrong, because if true, this just makes this all even worse

Anyways, like many people here, I was never interested in Jared's content in the first place. He just seemed like discount Peanut Butter Gamer, who... woof, is defending Jared. Now, if Heidi's tweets are true (I'm much more inclined to believe her in all this) Jared is a master bullshitter and gaslighter, so I'm not surprised his close friends would be on his side. I don't think anyone can hold it against them for being skeptical, but involving themselves publicly with this scandal is a very bad idea. PBG's words about changing his mind if it turns out Jared is a shitbag ring hollow, because there's not gonna be the kind of conclusive evidence that the internet likes to think is all that matters.

You can't prove that Heidi is mentally ill and fabricating abuse like Jared claims, and you can't prove that Heidi was gaslit and abused by Jared like she claims. Does everything we do have and know line up with Heidi's story of events? Yes, and that's enough for me to be on her side in all this. But some people will just plug their ears and go "NO PROOF" and continue to support Vic Mignona anyway... sorry, just a little parallel, please don't derail the thread. Everything that Heidi has said and what Jared has not denied paints a pretty awful picture of the man; even if Heidi was ill, that's no excuse to use tumblr and sketchy mobile app to ask for nudes from impressionable people who can lie about their age, and its no excuse for cheating on her. None of that would fix his marriage, release him from the situation, or help Heidi, so Jared's defense is basically pure bullshit.

2 hours ago, Tornado said:

Jon may have racist views, ProJared may be a baby rapist, PBG may be a pro-baby-rapist, Channel Awesome may have been loaded with child groomers.

Is this a joke?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

4 hours ago, Tornado said:

Please tell me this is a joke. And either way, it's not funny. Let alone even relevant to the topic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

There's some pretty huge irony in the fact she's saying you shouldn't believe a random person on the internet over her when she is in fact - a random person on the internet who did something awful and has reason to lie about it to protect herself.

It disgusts me that something like this happened, it disgusts me further that the people who did this are trying to play innocent and blame the victim for bullshitting for seemingly no reason when there's fucking proof to her words.

Oh, don't worry. Everyone is calling her lying self out.

Anyway, although Jared came across as kind of an asshole to me too I never would've thought he was an asshole to THIS degree.

Also, the fact that Jared posted that terrible statement that just screamed victim blaming and also blocked Heidi even before Heidi herself had said anything is just so telling. He basically outed himself.

• Thumbs Up 1