Jump to content
Perkilator

The ProJared Drama

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

With the dust having settled a bit, I wanted to post this recent video that overlooks everything - it's a really fantastic video regarding the whole mess:

 

I think this video is a bit too biased towards Heidi. Yeah, ProJared and Holly weren't in the right, but neither was she.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I think this video is a bit too biased towards Heidi. Yeah, ProJared and Holly weren't in the right, but neither was she.

I don’t really think so? He went through all three narratives presented and stated multiple times that everyone has had some wrong in this situation, yet only Heidi has presented evidence when asked to support her claims why Holly and Jared constantly make up narratives without evidence, and the evidence that they have presented is very easily explained by the fact someone clearly emotionally hurt and as said in the video - gaslighted practically losing it. 

It cannot be overstated how much of a terrible position that we can theorise Heidi was placed into. She has done her own share of mistakes in this mess, but if you were to believe the viewpoint given by Holly, you would need to believe Heidi is some evil vindictive monster on the sole word of Holly claiming it (which again - is curious given how Heidi’s own evidence shows very well just how two-faced it all was with Holly). 

I don’t think anyone is saying Heidi is innocent, especially in regards to how angered she was at points, and with allowing the whole body positivity excuse to fly, but the video presents the facts as they are, Heidi has backed up her claims when asked for clarification. Jared and Holly both still parade around stories yet constantly make excuses for why evidence can’t be shown. Worse than that, Jared has another scandal completely unrelated to Heidi that shows incredible wrong doing on his part, with shit tons of evidence to collaborate with it. I really don’t see how anyone can say Jared is likely to be the victim in all of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I don’t really think so? He went through all three narratives presented and stated multiple times that everyone has had some wrong in this situation, yet only Heidi has presented evidence when asked to support her claims why Holly and Jared constantly make up narratives without evidence, and the evidence that they have presented is very easily explained by the fact someone clearly emotionally hurt and as said in the video - gaslighted practically losing it. 

It cannot be overstated how much of a terrible position that we can theorise Heidi was placed into. She has done her own share of mistakes in this mess, but if you were to believe the viewpoint given by Holly, you would need to believe Heidi is some evil vindictive monster on the sole word of Holly claiming it (which again - is curious given how Heidi’s own evidence shows very well just how two-faced it all was with Holly). 

I don’t think anyone is saying Heidi is innocent, especially in regards to how angered she was at points, and with allowing the whole body positivity excuse to fly, but the video presents the facts as they are, Heidi has backed up her claims when asked for clarification. Jared and Holly both still parade around stories yet constantly make excuses for why evidence can’t be shown. Worse than that, Jared has another scandal completely unrelated to Heidi that shows incredible wrong doing on his part, with shit tons of evidence to collaborate with it. I really don’t see how anyone can say Jared is likely to be the victim in all of this.

The only victim in this is Ross.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

I'm not even going to watch the video. I'm seriously expected to believe the guy who sent dic pics to minors?

It's funny. I thought the exact same thing when this appeared on my feed.

However, after actually sitting through this and watching the whole thing, he makes a good argument for himself and I'm glad I didn't just ignore his side of this story because of a bad label.

If he truly is guilty, he deserves everything that comes to him.

If he is actually innocent... I can't help but feel sorry for him and hope that I never, ever end up in a situation like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Perkilator said:

I'm not even going to watch the video. I'm seriously expected to believe the guy who sent dic pics to minors?

You really should watch it, because the first 20 minutes of the video is him showing with factual proof that this claim was apparently untrue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'd say this was too little too late.  I understand he wanted to wait for the controversy to die down, but I don't think it matters at this point since once people have made up their minds, there's nothing you can really do to change it without hard evidence. And even then, his reputation has basically been destroyed. 

I kinda do feel sorry for him a bit; he absolutely deserves what happens to him for whatever role he played in all of this. But he looks so...broken in that thumbnail, and trying to salvage whatever is left of his rep. It really is kind of sad honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Well, I'd say this was too little too late.  I understand he wanted to wait for the controversy to die down, but I don't think it matters at this point since once people have made up their minds, there's nothing you can really do to change it without hard evidence. And even then, his reputation has basically been destroyed. 

I kinda do feel sorry for him a bit; he absolutely deserves what happens to him for whatever role he played in all of this. But he looks so...broken in that thumbnail, and trying to salvage whatever is left of his rep. It really is kind of sad honestly. 

He said in the video he took so long because his lawyers advised him so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

He said in the video he took so long because his lawyers advised him so.

I know. But as I said, it doesn't matter. Whether he took a long time or time, people have made up their minds and his reputation is already in the shit,. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just relieved that the pedophilia accusations weren't true.

The adultery's not great, but it's honestly a personal problem and none of my business. I was only ever really concerned about him messing with underage fans, and the evidence against those claims is pretty solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say I feel too sorry for him overall. If this is indeed true and no other proof from the other side comes out of left-field yet again (like the world's most annoying game of hot potato) then it is a relief that the most intense of the accusations is negligible.

I will say that, while watching the video, a lot of what he talked about did kind of had me reeling from shock at how stupid the decision to even do something like this with his fans was in the first place. I know he shows proof that he asked for their age but the fact that he didn't consider that lying about your age is easily and readily the most common thing people do on the internet makes this hard for me to completely get over. 

He really shouldn't have been doing this shit at all. Period.

I'm not really opting to take sides in this whole debacle. Plenty of people online clearly are but at the end of the day this is a mess and I don't feel any of the three main people involved are entirely innocent. I still land on not wanting anything to do with Projared, however, I do feel it best to look at everything and give everyone a fair and honest shake. When looking to take part in a conversation about this, evidence is something that should be valued above all else, especially something as unreliable as emotion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I will say that, while watching the video, a lot of what he talked about did kind of had me reeling from shock at how stupid the decision to even do something like this with his fans was in the first place. I know he shows proof that he asked for their age but the fact that he didn't consider that lying about your age is easily and readily the most common thing people do on the internet makes this hard for me to completely get over.

While I never did or would do something like this (I mean what, there isn't enough porno on the world?), I'm not going do judge him on this front. If dude has a kinky needs, keeps it to himself and doesn't hurt anyone, he's free to do what he wants. And if someone lied about his age, are you really telling me it's ProJared's fault?

(Still, I can imagine his wife not liking this.)

Really, his worst mistake was being silent for so long. I get it, he didn't had evidence. But so long silence was like admitting guilt. He should make a short video where he's honest with us, promising follow up once he gets more data. In most situation where you're innocent, best option is honesty and conversation.

(Also, some people in comments ask him when he's gonna make FF5 video. Empathy is dead.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

While I never did or would do something like this (I mean what, there isn't enough porno on the world?), I'm not going do judge him on this front. If dude has a kinky needs, keeps it to himself and doesn't hurt anyone, he's free to do what he wants. And if someone lied about his age, are you really telling me it's ProJared's fault?

I didn't say that it was Jared's fault if they lied about their age. I said it was stupid of him to not consider that the vast majority of people online lie about their age all the time and that doing something like this with his fans, at all, was an incredibly dumb move anyway. The fact that he involved them directly means he didn't keep it to himself too so that doesn't factor in.

I'm not making any kind of judgement call on morality or whatever but I'm definitely not going to play this off as though it was something that didn't have dangerous reprocussions regardless of intent.

It was a shockingly dumb thing to do. I feel like the fallout of what happened is proof of that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the most recent developments, I think it's fair to say that Jared seems to be innocent of the most serious accusations. I also don't think that he cheated on his wife in quite the way it's been spelled out previously, but as before I don't really care about that because it's absolutely nobody's business but theirs. 

It seems like the only thing that Jared did wrong was engage in sexual activity with fans. While it could have been with innocent intentions as he claims, it remains a fact that it was a stupid and dangerous thing to do. For one, there's the inherent power dynamic that he was unintentionally abusing. And for two... people lie and manipulate on the Internet. Whether they lie about their age for sexual activities or lie for attention from the public, it was inevitable that anyone in Jared's position would get burned sooner or later. The man is an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Based on the most recent developments, I think it's fair to say that Jared seems to be innocent of the most serious accusations. I also don't think that he cheated on his wife in quite the way it's been spelled out previously, but as before I don't really care about that because it's absolutely nobody's business but theirs. 

It seems like the only thing that Jared did wrong was engage in sexual activity with fans. While it could have been with innocent intentions as he claims, it remains a fact that it was a stupid and dangerous thing to do. For one, there's the inherent power dynamic that he was unintentionally abusing. And for two... people lie and manipulate on the Internet. Whether they lie about their age for sexual activities or lie for attention from the public, it was inevitable that anyone in Jared's position would get burned sooner or later. The man is an idiot.

Basically lol. How can you be on the internet for so long and not understand this.

This is why I said he kinda deserved it. He's not guilty of ebephillia fortunately, but the negligence is entirely on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I see that he acknowledged the power dynamic, I don't believe he didn't know about it before recent events. He's a popular YouTuber, this kind of thing comes with the territory. Sure, it seems the people in question really did lie. However, Jared should've known better and not asked randoms on the internet for nudes at all. This was always going to be a possibility and he's an idiot for not considering that.

Edit: Retracting this portion after realising that he didn't exactly prove his innocence. He cast reasonable doubt in regards to a couple of accusers, however I've now realised that at no point in his video did he prove he didn't at some point send unsolicited nudes or solicit nudes from minors he knew were underage. All the evidence he presented can be summed up as whataboutisms.

--------------------

"The few things I did try to post were met with outrage."

Well what did he expect when a lot of what he posted was him trying to gaslight his ex. On that note, he couldn't talk about the more serious accusations earlier on for legal reasons, which makes sense. However, he then goes on to "show" texts captioned with "due to ongoing proceedings..." If you couldn't show the evidence for or talk about the p***phile accusations then why bring the cheating up at all? It would've been better to leave that part out. Sure, people would've questioned that but that isn't a huge issue. Nothing wrong with simply saying,

"If you're wondering about the accusations surrounding myself and my ex, I currently can't discuss those due to legal proceedings."

This is a simple but fair explanation. Him bringing it up and "teasing" everyone with blurred screenshots" just reeks of manipulation. It's him trying to sway people on that aspect of the situation because he told the truth about the rest of the accusations. The way this was all just tacked on at the end makes this more apparent.

As for none of this aspect being "our business." Jared made it everyone's business by posting the initial vague post on Twitter before anyone else had said a word.

He's a sleezball regardless of what he did and/or didn't do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Basically lol. How can you be on the internet for so long and not understand this.

This is why I said he kinda deserved it. He's not guilty of ebephillia fortunately, but the negligence is entirely on him.

To say that he deserved to have his career, livelihood and state of mind compromised is a big step too far. If what he says is true, he deserved some repercussions. But his name had been dragged throb the mud. He's never get away from the life-altering paedophile allegations. And the people who decided to make up these lies? They'll get away without any consequences.  

Yes, Jared is an idiot. And yes, he "deserved" to get in trouble for the stupid things that he did. But if these are false claims, he does not deserve this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Boy, this is a train-wreck...

I guess it’s another reminder of why you need to be super careful about what you show of yourself online. Even if you don’t piss off the kind of person that will post your address online for all to see, you can still be made to suffer a lot for a comparatively small mistake.

And seriously, don’t sext or otherwise use social media for soliciting porn. In the wrong hands, your worst choices on the internet can live forever, and sometimes people don’t realize they made a sex-related error online until after the fact. You don’t want to be most known for pictures of your dick that you sent to minors, even if you didn’t realize they were minors because you stupidly took their word for it when they said they were over 18.

This is especially true for online celebrities, as you should never underestimate the lengths people will go to try to latch themselves to celebrities’ names. Of course that desperation for attention has been around since at least Heian era Japan if not earlier. But the internet makes it easier than ever to provoke outrage for malicious or self-centered reasons. And for some reason modern culture tends to actually promote the notion that infamy and popularity are effectively the same thing.

Jared is also not helping his own case when he seems to tease information that he can’t make public. It reads as a scummy choice to treat information related to serious allegations as an opportunity to bait people into caring about him again.

In short, I don’t believe anymore that Jared is a bad person, but he’s a colossal idiot who made and continues to make bad decisions online. Don’t be an idiot like Jared. Use everything wrong about this whole easily avoidable train wreck as a guide on how not to conduct yourself on the internet, pre and post scandal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea why everyone is so angry about him having affairs, who cares? He's a youtuber, his job is to make funny videos about games, not be some personal role model. I mean, the way he acted towards his fans was wrong and incredibly creepy, but I'm not outraged by it.

Him soliciting pictures from minors was different, but he seems to be innocent on doing so knowingly. Although I've heard one of the Charlies has evidence to back up his claim which has yet to be released, will be interesting to see what happens there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's just the thing about becoming a public figure, whether you want it or not, people are going to hold you up as a "role model" as you put it.

As for why everyone is so angry, it's because cheating is an incredibly scummy and shitty thing to do, (not that I have much sympathy for Heidi either) and it makes it all the stranger that he waited months to say anything, on top of redirecting blame yet again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.