Awoo.

Nintendo E3 Direct Predictions

MarioKartGamerDude

So guys, since the Direct is announced for June 11th 9 am Pacific Time, I was wondering, what are your predictions we’ll see? 

I know for a fact we’ll get something for Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Smash Bros

I’m certain we’ll get a trailer/the opening movie for Mario and Sonic Tokyo 2020 since we got the movie for Rio 2016 at the E3 2016 

Whatever else, I have no idea lol

But all I care about is 

1. Luigi's Mansion 3 

2. Mario and Sonic Tokyo 2020

3. Smash Bros. Ultimate 

7BED4441-1AE2-4D27-9B2F-2E332DBF4612.jpeg

Not really predictions, but more things what I'd like to see. First things first:

Ports: 

• Metroid Prime Trilogy: It's been leaked multiple times over, including a leak at IIRC - Best Buy, which also leaked Persona 5 Scramble before it was announced. With Prime 4's delay, it's the most obvious choice, especially given that Trilogy is one of the rarer Wii games.
  • Super Mario 3D World: It's the only major Wii U title I can think of that is yet to receive a port to the Switch. Given that 3D Land was originally a portable game, and NSMBU got ported, it's a no-brainer that this is on the chopping block for porting.
  • The Legend of Zelda Collection: Basically - a port of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD from the Wii U. Both are fantastic games, and I think putting them on a portable console would be stupidly easy money, especially when you can use them to promote BOTW or vice versa. 
  • The Wonderful 101: Highly praised exclusive, and made by Platinum Games, who already ported both Bayonetta games over.
  • Kirby & The Rainbow Curse: It's already designed for touch-devices, and one of the biggest complaints with it was due to taking your eyes off the screen to use the gamepad. On Switch, it could easily be rectified. 
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5: The most unlikely to happen, but this would be a great testing ground to bring the series to Switch. Having KH2FM portable would be a delight.

Already Announced: 

• Luigi's Mansion 3 - obvious - it's basically their next big Mario related title.
  • Metroid Prime 4: With the delay, I'm expecting at the very least - some kind of reveal trailer, even if it doesn't contain gameplay.
  • Smash Ultimate - Next DLC Character, next update details.
  • The anime mech game - Another of their big projects.
  • Mario Maker 2 - Final details before launch.
  • Link's Awakening Remake: Another of their huge titles.

New Titles I'm Hoping for: 

• New Mario Project - possibly a M64/Sunshine remake, or a new game altogether
  • New Splatoon Expansion
  • Overwatch Switch
  • Ace Attorney Collection 2
  • Ace Attorney 7
  • DBZ Project Z
  • Mario & Luigi (Collection or new game)
  • Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door HD/Paper Mario Collection
  • New Paper Mario game on Switch.

Random: 

• SNES Online Library - Practically confirmed - SNES games were leaked for testing on the platform.
  • Surprise Announcement: Game Boy, Game Boy Colour, and Game Boy Advance games being added to the Online Library. 
  • Video Platforms coming to Switch (Netflix, on demand, etc)
  • Customisation (Themes, home screen music, etc)
  • Improved Online (lol, yeah right)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Well, Monolith Soft was hiring for Legend of Zelda, and King Zell said BOTW fans would be happy for 2020... So maybe BOTW sequel a la Majora's Mask (Reusing assets, etc.).   We usually have a game announced by this point to be the big focus of the Direct, but alas we haven't, and the last time that happened Mario Odyssey ended up being the big game.

I predict that I'll be let down this year from Nintendo because none of these three things are happening:

- 3D Donkey Kong Country game by Retro Studios

- Rayman in Smash as a Fighter

- New Super Mario 3D game (although a 3D World port would be aight)

*proceeds to buy a ticket for the Nintendo Depressed Express*

• Too Many Rings 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KHCast said:

So apparently it’s going to be an hour long. Guesses on what’ll be shown? 

Oh my! Quite a bit then! It's been a long time since we got an hour or longer presentation from Nintendo!

• Thumbs Up 2

As long as it’s not graphs and pie charts I should be alright with the length regardless of the content.

I wouldn't really expect anything that long, but I'm kinda hoping a good chunk of it is dedicated to Animal Crossing Switch after running down the other games. There's not much else I can think of that they would really need to give any extensive overviews on if they're focused on talking about what's coming this year. Pokémon Gen 8 will likely get a ton of coverage leading up to its release outside of E3 and Fire Emblem Three Houses already got its own blowout not that long ago and is due out in July.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want general improvements. We are two years in now, if not two and a half, and so many basic functions are still missing. No themes, the Eshop is still really basic, there’s no apps like Netflix, etc. Games are cool and all, but for an hour long presentation, I wanna see a proper attempt at making new efforts on the Switch and it’s general UI.

• Thumbs Up 2

Where'd they say it be an hour long?

It does sound reasonable that a fair portion of it could be spent on one thing, and Animal Crossing or Pokemon would be a good fit. It's also interesting how each Switch era direct is slightly longer than the last one, and I look forward to seeing what the faster paced style of recent directs can do with a whole hour.

19 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I just want general improvements. We are two years in now, if not two and a half, and so many basic functions are still missing. No themes, the Eshop is still really basic, there’s no apps like Netflix, etc. Games are cool and all, but for an hour long presentation, I wanna see a proper attempt at making new efforts on the Switch and it’s general UI.

I sure Nintendo is already implementing those basic functions in as we speak. 

...And only implementing them for their newer higher spec Switch model.

...Which they won't even talk about in this E3 Direct.

Not really hurting for anything in particular aside from the fact that I'm starting to get Zelda withdrawl and I've played Link's Awakening enough times that I can't feel it anymore so that's not gonna cut it. I need stronger shit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If it really is an hour, I expect there'll be a lot. However, I'm not sure it will be the full hour.

As for what I'm hoping for, Animal Crossing is a must, and a certainty for something that will appearing. As is Luigi's Mansion 3. If there's one thing I want to see them reveal, it'll be the idea that I've always been talking about in relation to Wuhu Island and the Wii Series. The concept of Mii Resort Paradise.

• Thumbs Up 1