Awoo.

Missed opportunities in Worlds Collide/Unite?

Perkilator

12 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Actually, it was World's Collide that was the cutoff point for the preboot continuity. World's Unite interrupted the Shattered World Crisis right when Knuckles and Amy decided to travel together.

...I never said anything to the contrary? As I said, WC literally interrupted both Sonic and Mega Man's stories - both occurring in the middle of Mecha Sally's arc, and Breakman's attack. What I said was that Worlds Unite addressed the major issue that people had with Worlds Collide, WC interrupted the ongoing arcs, while Worlds Unite tried to tie them to be their own stories that are canon to both comics.  

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And while we're at it, let's talk about Sticks. She shouldn't be in this story. She honestly felt really shoehorned in, as if Archie just wanted to desperately tie Boom's comic into the whole mix. So the end result is not only did Boom's heavily limited run lose about 3 issues to the crossover, only Sticks got to be included, despite how insanely fun it would've been to see all of the Boom cast come through and interact with their main counterparts, especially Knuckles. Mega Man already had X as a counterpart, so it felt "set" that Boom would be Sonic's counterpart, only for it not to happen, bar Sticks hopping in for no real reason. Her whole role could've been done by someone else, like Silver - who'd already been tracking the Genesis Portals.

SEGA mandated that the SonicTeam cast not meet their Boom counterparts, so they literally just threw in Fastidious and Comedy to be her backup because they were the other most recognizable characters from the show.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

...I never said anything to the contrary? As I said, WC literally interrupted both Sonic and Mega Man's stories - both occurring in the middle of Mecha Sally's arc, and Breakman's attack. What I said was that Worlds Unite addressed the major issue that people had with Worlds Collide, WC interrupted the ongoing arcs, while Worlds Unite tried to tie them to be their own stories that are canon to both comics.  

Oh, okay. 

...That doesn't really make sense, but I hear you.

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

SEGA mandated that the SonicTeam cast not meet their Boom counterparts, so they literally just threw in Fastidious and Comedy to be her backup because they were the other most recognizable characters from the show.

And again, it doesn't really change my point whatsoever. If SEGA mandated it so the Boom cast couldn't be used, then frankly I'd have preferred it if the Boom cast was left out altogether. Sticks wasn't very important to the story, and we already had the Freedom Fighters present to add to Sonic's cast, the same way we had X for Mega Man's cast. Maybe have it so Sticks appears during the SEGA/Capcom team up if they have to keep that, but otherwise it's a pretty meaningless attempt, especially since Fastidious and Comedy did little to nothing of consequence.

Again, this just showcases the issue with this crossover, despite having a mandate and it would've been half-assed, the Boom comic and cast was still included, causing unneeded bloat to an already insanely character high crossover. It's pretty obvious it was only done to try boost Boom sales numbers.

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

"Worlds Unite" has many problems, but my issue, which seems to sail right over your head, is you acting like including characters already part of the comic's ongoing narrative (which "Worlds Unite" was advertised as being a part of unlike "Worlds Collide") is part of the problem. This really has nothing to do with preference, I just think your stance is misinformed and ignores that the crossover's shortcomings stem from things that had nothing to do with the ongoing comics that were already crossing over. Never mind you made it abundantly clear that those characters should have been given the axe in favor of others already.

I feel like you don't quite get what i'm saying, you suggest that my stance is misinformed and ignores the crossovers short comings. I'm not, those are also bad, i'm specifically mad as this other thing. Which was another short coming. Other issues don't invalidate an issue for me, and maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. If you wanna talk about why I feel it was a missed oppertunity my issues with the entire scenario and why it played into issues with the event and book in general and some of my personal thoughts. We can keep going, if not. That's also cool, its friday. Maybe you want to enjoy yourself, i'm not gonna burden you with that if you don't want it.

18 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Yo if they had to kill characters why didn't they kill the ff. Would have preferred they had more game characters hang out in the crossover

Because the whole point in killing off Team Dark was done as a subtle signal to show that the whole Worlds Unite arc wasn’t going to stick. Even if they killed the Freedom Fighters, that wouldn’t have made Unite any better—it was a clusterfuck the moment the poster showing all the franchises involved was revealed and taking out five characters doesn’t stop it from being Sonic 06: Sega X Capcom edition.

Never mind that they were already absent in Collide, which was much better for not shoving a dozen franchises in at once. If anyone should have been absent in Unite, it should have been anyone from franchises other than Sonic or Megaman because they were far less relevant than the Freedom Fighters were to the whole thing beyond being nothing more than advertisement.

Since ya'll insist on going on about the Freedom Fighters and/or Shadow, I was under the impression that he had little intention of using them to begin. The former was at least a package deal that was already in place anyway and thus really convenient to just have along for(or rather as) the ride.

Come to think of it, wasn't World's Unite itself apparently something the editor decided they should do before he left?

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Since ya'll insist on going on about the Freedom Fighters and/or Shadow, I was under the impression that he had little intention of using them to begin. The former was at least a package deal that was already in place anyway and thus really convenient to just have along for(or rather as) the ride.

Come to think of it, wasn't World's Unite itself apparently something the editor decided they should do before he left?

Essentially.

It happening in the middle of everything also didn’t help either.

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Essentially.

It happening in the middle of everything also didn’t help either.