Awoo.

Does anyone know how can I see all Zones like this?

felipepaiva

Hi guys, I need to know how can I see the Zones (specifically Sonic 1, 2 and 3) in "full view" as in this image. I know that with a lot of patience it is possible to make in Photoshop using the sprites, but is there another alternative? anyone know if there's a Genenis emulator that allows you to view the entire Zone like this way?

EtcKuNu.jpg

There are sites such as Sonic Retro and Sonic Center that contain level maps for the acts/zones in the Genesis/CD Sonic games (as well as other 2D games, like the Master System/Game Gear games and the Advance entries). Some just show the level tiles, while others also include the backgrounds and/or game objects (such as the player's starting positions, rings, badniks, etc.). Zone 0 in particular also has the level maps of the Genesis games + CD, with guides detailed with various information.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Milo said:

There are sites such as Sonic Retro and Sonic Center that contain level maps for the acts/zones in the Genesis/CD Sonic games (as well as other 2D games, like the Master System/Game Gear games and the Advance entries). Some just show the level tiles, while others also include the backgrounds and/or game objects (such as the player's starting positions, rings, badniks, etc.). Zone 0 in particular also has the level maps of the Genesis games + CD, with guides detailed with various information.

I know Zone 0 but the maps haven't background... And I need with background included. (I just saw to Sonic Retro and Sonic Center sites now and they also haven't)... Do you know another sites?
I just need Labyrinth Zone, Chemical Plant act 2 and Hydrocity act 1 because I'm making an art to print.

I don't think you'll be able to find them very easily. The background images are typically much smaller than the level maps themselves, so it would take a conscious effort for someone to edit the background to fill all the empty discs. Even in the GHZ picture you posted you can see that a very lazy job was done filling in the blank space with colours of the sky and water.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I don't think you'll be able to find them very easily. The background images are typically much smaller than the level maps themselves, so it would take a conscious effort for someone to edit the background to fill all the empty discs. Even in the GHZ picture you posted you can see that a very lazy job was done filling in the blank space with colours of the sky and water.

Totally makes sense... so I think I should download a map in PNG and put the background manually, right?

The only thing I couldn't make is the water color in Photoshop. Do you know how could I do this?