Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing: Instruction Manual

Sonictrainer

Why is Zavok listed as the "former" leader of the Deadly Six?

Did the team have a falling out? Did Zavok strike out on his own? We know they are not dead, because Zazz has shown up a few times since.

The other Zeti could be dead though, as they haven't shown up or been mentioned recently. 

Here's hoping they are dead, honestly only Zavok and Zazz (maybe) are the tolerable ones of the bunch.

• 2 months later...

Team crash racing I'm guessing.
Little off topic there.

To be on-topic, I get the feeling that Manual is trolling us. Not just with it casually dropping that huge bomb on Zavok's position with the Zeti out of nowhere, but check Metal Sonic's "DOES HE HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVES TO RACE???" cliffhanger text in his description. Aww, cute, the manual is pretending Metal Sonic has something to do in ths game.

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Woah, how long has this been here? 🤯

On 5/26/2019 at 6:09 AM, Tangled Jack said:

The other Zeti could be dead though, as they haven't shown up or been mentioned recently. 

Here's hoping they are dead, honestly only Zavok and Zazz (maybe) are the tolerable ones of the bunch.

Uh, tolerable?

Master Zik was also with them in Runners and is mentioned by Zavok in a few lines.

1 hour ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

To be on-topic, I get the feeling that Manual is trolling us. Not just with it casually dropping that huge bomb on Zavok's position with the Zeti out of nowhere, but check Metal Sonic's "DOES HE HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVES TO RACE???" cliffhanger text in his description. Aww, cute, the manual is pretending Metal Sonic has something to do in ths game.

Yeah, this game is collectively confused about that team.

Speaking of which, what happened to that interview?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 8:01 AM, Sega DogTagz said:

Why is Zavok listed as the "former" leader of the Deadly Six?

Did the team have a falling out? Did Zavok strike out on his own? We know they are not dead, because Zazz has shown up a few times since.

But the full team will be in IDW

6 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

But the full team will be in IDW

Yeah-heh-heh, funny that works out.

Granted, we don't know where Forces falls in the continuity in comparison to TSR(Ideal nowhere), but yeah.

Although, now that I think about it, there are two perfectly good points for that:

1. Zavok may simply have been striking out on his own
  2. Their first appearance in IDW is a flashback

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2019 at 7:35 PM, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Team crash racing I'm guessing.
Little off topic there.

Old post but...

I'd say the manual isn't trolling.

The game was made by Sumo Digital and they normally do put stories into their games and have a lot of story elements planned even if they don't make it to the final release.

Case in point would be Sega Superstars Tennis which did have a story written up for it, but I don't think it was ever released.

ASRT also had a ton of creative assets cut from the game just a few months before release (a completely alternative sticker set and other graphics for a few things). Some of these did get released but not very well documented.

So whoever wrote the manual probably was working off a older brief which got changed mid development.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/26/2019 at 5:09 AM, Badnik Mechanic said:

Old post but...

I'd say the manual isn't trolling.

The game was made by Sumo Digital and they normally do put stories into their games and have a lot of story elements planned even if they don't make it to the final release.

Case in point would be Sega Superstars Tennis which did have a story written up for it, but I don't think it was ever released.

ASRT also had a ton of creative assets cut from the game just a few months before release (a completely alternative sticker set and other graphics for a few things). Some of these did get released but not very well documented.

So whoever wrote the manual probably was working off a older brief which got changed mid development.

Which implies that SonicTeam told them to downplay them.

12 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Which implies that SonicTeam told them to downplay them

Depends who the client for the game was, ASR and ASRT were Sega Europe funded and they dealt mostly with them for the development of those games.

On 10/26/2019 at 11:09 AM, Badnik Mechanic said:

Huh, didn't know.
Boy, I'd love to see the early version of Team Sonic racing. And Sonic Forces.
And Sega all stars tennis now  I'm fruitlessly wishing anyway.

4 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

And Sega all stars tennis now  I'm fruitlessly wishing anyway.

I can say for certain that the story mode for that game never left the pen and paper stage (Least I'm 90% sure it didn't).

ASRT had a few interesting things that have yet to be found, but we're mainly talking about weapon/items and alternative rules for track transformations.