Awoo.

Is it possible to imitate Sonic underwater colors in Photoshop?

felipepaiva

Hi guys, anyone who has good knowledge in Photoshop can help me?
Is there any way to apply the same "underwater" effect of Sonic 1, 2 and 3 in Photoshop?

Here in the pictures I tried to apply creating a new Layer in pink and putting it in "Color" mode.
This was the closest I could do.

JxaK5Ds.png

bzNC44v.png

You can! Go to adjustment layer -> curves -> push blue and red up, and push the green down.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

26 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

You can! Go to adjustment layer -> curves -> push blue and red up, and push the green down.

Ohh man, thank you so much! I'll try it. 😉 

There probably isn't a one-button solution to this, but you could just use the magic wand tool and replace each color. A bit tedious but it'd get the job done.

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I did it now but it was unsuccessful... the image became totally pink like when you apply 100% of color fill, you know?

I also tried the "Channel Mixer" but it got equally bad :(

but thanks so much for your direction, I think if I investigate better this way of application I can find the resolution... 😉 

24 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

There probably isn't a one-button solution to this, but you could just use the magic wand tool and replace each color. A bit tedious but it'd get the job done.

thanks! I'll try it too 😉

Try using 2 layers.

Bottom layer - original colour image.

Top layer, above it, just have a block of whatever pink/magenta colour it is and select the layer type to ‘Multiply’. 

You may need to play with the pink colour tone to get it right, but the original layer colours will still be there with the pink colour saturating through from the top ‘multiply’ layer.

• Thumbs Up 1