Awoo.

Terminator: Dark Fate (Paramount's 'other' movie)

Badnik Mechanic

It's also looking a lot more like that leaked plot was accurate. Connor is dead =/

• Absolutely 1

• 1 month later...

So the movie is out this week (UK). And there are a few reviews out.

Basically, the French media got the wrong embargo date, so a lot of reviews from french sources... and the movie was shown at a Surprise screening yesterday, so a bunch of thoughts from that...

There be LOADS of spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

Every rumour and leak was real.

John Connor is dead, he's killed in a bar close to the start of the movie.

Skynet is no more, the new threat is Legion.

The movie has been edited to greatly downplay John Connors role in the franchise. 

The movie has been edited to now call Legions machines 'Terminators' originally they were called something else.

Apparently the movie is somewhat good. The french press has been very mixed, but opinions from the screening were more positive. 

Linda Hamilton is getting a lot of praise for her performance.

So the one thing which keep popping up and this has my alarm bells ringing... The movie is being compared A LOT to the Force awakens, in that it feels like a re-telling of Terminator 1 and 2 in order to set up a new storyline. 

So I hope this is a case of a re-telling like how Predators was a re-telling/sequel of the original Predator, and not a Force Awakens style of sequel/retelling.

• My Emmerdoods 1

“Apparently the movie is somewhat good. The french press has been very mixed, but opinions from the screening were more positive. “

Pleasant surprise, huh?

7 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

“Apparently the movie is somewhat good. The french press has been very mixed, but opinions from the screening were more positive. “

Pleasant surprise, huh?

I'm taking it with a grain of salt...

The surprise screening was supposed to be a double feature of Terminator 1 and Terminator 2, fans turned up and they showed Dark Fate. So they got to see it for free and were all Terminator fans anyway so... yeah... I think I'd like to see it for myself or wait for a few more outlets to publish.

1 hour ago, Badnik Mechanic said:
  Hide contents

Apparently the movie is somewhat good.

Spoiler

Certainly not for me with those premises being confirmed.
I'll definetly skip the theatre for this one and spoiling myself the plot before waiting its leakage online.

• Fist Bump 1