Awoo.

2008 Video Game Baftas

Urtheart

It lacked challenge and replay value, you say? I'm going to have to disagree with that. The Luigi mode alone was enough replay value for me (even to the point where I've beaten the game a total of 16 times), and it's proven to be slightly more challenging than when you're playing as Mario (particularly during the Cosmic Luigi races, since he's faster than Cosmic Mario). Also, they added difficulty to the boss fights during the Daredevil Runs (and the Daredevil Run at Melty Molten Galaxy had no boss- you had to go through the entire stage without getting hit).

The Luigi Mode was way too good! You play the exact same game, you're slightly faster, you have lower traction, and you jump a bit higher. WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Also, I got 241 stars in 2 weeks, so lol.

You clearly didn't read anything beyond that part of the sentence.

I did. The rest of the sentence was purely subjective, though, so it doesn't matter.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Urtheart

• Strong Bad

• Remy

Top Posters In This Topic

The Luigi Mode was way too good! You play the exact same game, you're slightly faster, you have lower traction, and you jump a bit higher. WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Also, I got 241 stars in 2 weeks, so lol.

That's a lot better than what happens when you get all 120 stars in Super Mario 64. All you get is a brief talk with Yoshi, 100 lives (which I could easily get myself), and a modified triple jump.

That's a lot better than what happens when you get all 120 stars in Super Mario 64. All you get is a brief talk with Yoshi, 100 lives (which I could easily get myself), and a modified triple jump.

Let's not forget Super Mario 64 was released in 1996 on N64. It had limitations especially when those 64 cartridges had the maximum storage of 64MB. So Galaxy obviously has the upper hand on this. If you compare Galaxy to the recent updated Super Mario 64 DS, with new playable characters and 30 more stars...which one will you enjoy better?