Awoo.

Darksiders: Genesis (PC, PS4, XBONE, Switch) "War an Strife in Diablo World"

Teoskaven

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/darksiders-genesis-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-pc-and-stadia

Looks like it's time for the official game starring the remaining Horseman of Apocalypse before the big finale after the events of Darksiders 1, this time with a co-op Diablo clone made by Airship Syndicate, the developers of Battle Chasers: Nightwar, meaning Joe Madureira is also officially back leading the franchise.
No release date yet but it's probably the second game THQ Nordic has been teasing for these days, so we should know soon.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sean

• Blue Wisp

• Teoskaven

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh I hate trailers with spliced-together, fast-paced snippets of gameplay, I just want to look at how it plays and it's hard to judge from half-second action scenes

Never played a Darksiders game but I'm kind of interested in this. I only got into the overhead ARPG genre last month (I'm playing the entire Diablo trilogy and I have both Torchlight games ready to go at some point) so admittedly it's hard to tell if anything about this stands out from other contemporary ARPGs like Path of Exile and Grim Dawn. I do own the first two Darksiders games on GOG so if they're any good maybe now is a good time to check out what they're like and what to expect from the games' worlds.

STRIIIIIIFE.

I see what they're doing. Releasing a Darksiders 4 so close to Darksiders 3 is a death message for the franchise so rather than wait it out, they made a small spin-off game (by Joe Mad's own studio from all of the studios out there, Joe Mad is the original creator of Darksiders and he's the one that gave it its artstyle and character design) to introduce the fourth Horseman while they work on the fourth game.

Which kind of guarantees that the fourth game might be the last and might have co-op with all the Horsemen considering THQ Nordic have mentioned they want to do that before.

Instead of having Strife introduced in the last game, they made a spin-off to introduce him properly before going to the big finale.

I'm so hyped for this. Darksiders's definitely one of my favourite franchises out there. The games are great, the story is awesome, the voice acting GOD THE VOICE ACTING it's so fucking good.

So glad that this is happening, THQ going under really made me think that Darksiders 2 would've been the last of the franchise.

EDIT: 

So yeah Darksiders 4's totally happening. This is just a snack before the big meal.