Ryannumber1gamer

Overwatch 2 - Confirmed

It’s confirmed, all owners of OW1 gets a free upgrade to the PvP portion of OW2. Meaning all players will be on the upgraded engine, with all heroes, maps and modes.

OW1 players are then given the option to pay and unlock the PvE and Story content.

Also confirmed is it will be releasing on all consoles - PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

Damn, I'd be lying if I said that cinematic trailer didn't bring a tear to my eye. Rein coming in and the score just did me in.

Honestly, I'm already pretty sold on this. I've been asking for story content since the summer of 2016 and you're telling me that it's the focus of this along with showing of my frog boi first go? It's like they were marketing this thing directly at me.

With that being said though, I have to say that the actual announcement of this was pretty... off to say the least. From what I've seen around the web, the idea of OW2 taking over the original OW and it being more of a PvE DLC update isn't really being understood by a lot of people. I guess Blizz really wanted to market this as a sequel with all the new characters, maps, and engine updates they're making.

Though, tbh there is a group of the fanbase that I'm still really confused with atm. There also seems to be a whole group of people who are legitimately mad at Blizz for taking this approach and not just making it all a new game and leaving the original OW behind completely. I know this whole "live service" thing is new and all but it still just really baffles me how people can't see the benefit in not splitting up the player-base for PvP, especially from a consumer standpoint. I guess people are just really stuck on that "2" and think that everything should be both separate and bigger? It's amazing how much the simple name of something can change people's reactions. Sort of reminds me a bit of Sonic 4 tbh.

28 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Overwatch 2: Overwatch actually does something

Was Soljourn established previously, btw?

She was on the coms during the Storm Rising PvE event. We've only heard her (and seen her portrait really) up until this point.

1 minute ago, Strickerx5 said:

She was on the coms during the Storm Rising PvE event. We've only heard her (and seen her portrait really) up until this point.

Okay. I thought she was new for a second until I realized that picture is supposed to be the old days.

What's her deal?

Just now, DabigRG said:

Okay. I thought she was new for a second until I realized that picture is supposed to be the old days.

What's her deal?

Not sure. They haven't mentioned her much at all within the game and I don't believe any comic has really talked about her much either. All I know is that she seems to be one of the good guys.

22 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Not sure. They haven't mentioned her much at all within the game and I don't believe any comic has really talked about her much either. All I know is that she seems to be one of the good guys.

Ah.

What's happenin with Baptiste and Gravityman, btw?

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Ah.

What's happenin with Baptiste and Gravityman, btw?

No one knows what's going on with them and a lot of others for 2 yet.

Hell, even beyond their initial intro videos I don't think there's much to them yet.

1 minute ago, Strickerx5 said:

Hell, even beyond their initial intro videos I don't think there's much to them yet.

Yeah, that's actually what I meant--they and a few other characters seemed to be added, but ignoring the fact that I don't actually play or keep up loyally, not much seems to happen with them.

In fact, is this the first time Zenyatta has been involved with the story?

This should be a no brainier as the overwatch game has a huge story and lore that shouldn’t be confident to jsut the shorts, the free comics and what will be two online multiplayer games which can’t accurately move the story forward the way it should.

why not make movies based in the universe? My idea is that they should start with a cgi movie starring tracer since she is the most popular character and perhaps show her last adventure before she got the message from Winston that they are reassembling overwatch.

We've finally gotten a small update on the game - the development team is currently attempting to get cross-play up and running for OW2. Probably means that the PC, PS4, and Xbox players can play with each other at the very least, although personally I'm not sure how it'd affect Switch players, given they'd be running at 30fps against people at 60 and above.