Awoo.

Sonictrainer

To wrap up today's Nintendo E3 2019 Direct, they decided to end with a trailer for a Breath of the Wild Sequel!

D8y3UnpUIAAXV2Q.jpg

The sequel to The Legend of #Zelda: Breath of the Wild is now in development for #NintendoSwitch!

• Nice Smile 1

They are now making it so, excruciatingly hard for me not go out there and buy a Switch...

This tiny teaser alone made Nintendo dominate E3 this year.  If this makes itself the Majora to BOTW's Ocarina, then this could be the mother of all sequels.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Was that Ganondorf's body, or something else?

I'm so hyped right now. A game built in the framework of BotW is bound to be incredible. And it seems to be a direct sequel? I can't wait to see what they do with it. All we really got from the trailer was that it would retain the lively artstyle of BotW, but the atmosphere of the audio and environment has all creepy tones of OoT, MM and especially TP. I'm super pleased to see that.

Digging Zelda's new hair too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

The one, biggest thing I want gameplay-wise out of a BotW sequel is for them to take what they did to Zelda overworld gameplay and do the same to dungeon gameplay. Give us massive, intimidating, labyrinthine locations to get utterly lost in. I hope the opening scenes of this trailer aren't just for show and we get such an experience this time.

But yeah, I'm really happy. If there's any Hyrule I want to spend more time in, and any Link I want to spend more time with, it's BotW's.  Considering I love Ocarina of Time but LOVE Majora's Mask, if this game does do that experience over again, it'll be flabberghasting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

16 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Was that Ganondorf's body, or something else?

It’s demise I’m pretty confident. That Ganondorf hair design was only ever used in Hyrule Warriors, and it was made clear in BotW Ganon sacrifice his physical form, ganondorf, to spread his influence as calamity Ganon. And given Ganon was supposedly destroyed for good, it only makes sense demise would return once his curse is broken 

• Thumbs Up 1

MFW GAME OF THE GENERATION GETS A SEQUEL

images.jpeg.jpg.3c8dbbe1e6595fcc59508c768684ab74.jpg

YOU THOUGHT HE WAS DONE

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER

YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE SAFE

BUT GANONDORF

IS BAAAAAAACK

LET'S GO MOTHERFUCKER

ZELDAS GOT SHORT HAIR

LINK IS ALSO STILL HERE I GUESS

YEEEEAAAAAH LETS GO NIGGA NINTENDO WINS

• Thumbs Up 1

Think i might be looking forward to this sequel more then I did the first game! I LOVE the creepy spooky atmosphere! And Demise? Looks scary cool!

It's probably Ganondorf, considering he's wearing a bunch of Gerudo symbols.

Anyway yeah this looks rad as shit, BotW was incredible and I'm very excited to see where they go with this, both mechanically and storywise. And short hair Zelda is cute, but I hope they do more than "yeah she's in the intro with you, but then she gets captured so go save her lol". Dare I dream that they trimmed her hair so it's easier to animate when she's playable?

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

Just the thought the THOUGHT that because it uses the BOTW formula it will naturally lead to improvements in a already incredible gameplay style with a ton of potential makes me lose my fucking mind 

• Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Dare I dream that they trimmed her hair so it's easier to animate when she's playable?

Dude that would be the best! Playing as Zelda herself in a game like this would be a dream come true! =D

• Nice Smile 1

I need to buy a switch.

MY only slight concern is it looked like a very similar map to the original, and I would like a whole new world to explore, to recreate that sense of wonder in exploring something new around every corner. There could be changes made to the landscape by the events of that trailer, or it could be the castle getting transported somewhere new, and I hope its the latter. Give me some proper dungeons too this time and without hyperbole it could well be the most incredible game ever.

• Nice Smile 1

I think Zelda being playable is highly likely, given how much people were hoping for either a Female Link, or Zelda herself in the original BOTW.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Some speculation: 

They seem to have found Ganondorf's corpse under the castle. He may have been executed there by the royal guard, possibly in secret since Zelda seemed shocked.

The calamity rose from beneath the castle so what we fought in the first game might have simply been a manifestation of Ganon's rage and not the real deal. Either way, they will have to face the real deal this time.

This game seems to have a darker tone in general. Ganon is never painted in a morally grey light but perhaps there will be more to the circumstances behind his execution than in past games. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

So what’s convincing people it can’t be Demise exactly if I may ask? (I mean Dio makes a point with the gerudo stuff, but it could also be a stylistic choice to give Demise more traditional garments) They certainly hint and nod to the man a lot in BotW. Seems dumb to set up him as a important character being the source of Ganon, but never following up with anything interesting with it. I’d appreciate if they fleshed him out finally with this 

• Nice Smile 1

Just now, Wraith said:

It's not Demise. He's wearing Gerudo symbols.

Could be stylistic and just be interpreting him in more traditional “modern” attire. Though he is also Ganondorf technically. What would be cool, is if this were a hybrid between the two.

• Nice Smile 1

Ganon and Demise are not separate entities. Demise can't come back because he is essentially Ganon through reincarnation. There's nothing left of him to "come back" because it's Ganon 

3 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Ganon and Demise are not separate entities. Demise can't come back because he is essentially Ganon through reincarnation. There's nothing left of him to "come back" because it's Ganon 

Zelda lore has never been grounded in reality with its rules and consistency, so the idea that through “magic and darkness” and whatnot, Link constantly ass whooping Ganon causes something like Demise, or at least something Demise esque to awaken within Ganon/Ganondorf to happen isn’t that out there. You said yourself, they’re one in the same, but regardless, he is the source power

14 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So what’s convincing people it can’t be Demise exactly if I may ask? (I mean Dio makes a point with the gerudo stuff, but it could also be a stylistic choice to give Demise more traditional garments) They certainly hint and nod to the man a lot in BotW. Seems dumb to set up him as a important character being the source of Ganon, but never following up with anything interesting with it. I’d appreciate if they fleshed him out finally with this 

The only connection Demise has to the Gerudo is through Ganondorf. If they intended this to be Demise, they'd use symbols that are actually related to Demise, like the inverted Triforce or the Imprisoned's scales, not a symbol that only relates to a specific incarnation that is his own separate person.

We're probably not going to see any more of Demise unless they decide to do a prequel to Skyward Sword or something. He was only really meant to be an origin for Ganon/dorf (and evil in the series in general, probably), not a character to really dive into detail about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tbh I hope it's not Demise because I don't want it to be Demise. I don't give a shit about literally any of the lore introduced in Skyward Sword because none of it added anything to the lore it was attempting to create a grand origin story for. Ganondorf is the character I'm interested in (though I'd take a new guy too).

Also Demise was a chunky lad and I felt it was implied by his design that he was very much not of the physical world, not mortal.  And that right there in the trailer looks like one heck of a mortal corpse to me, and a skinny one at that.

It doesn't help that Demise was basically just setup to be "evil for evil's sake" with nothing to his character, whereas Ganondorf, a mortal wizard, has a lot more potential for an interesting, conflicted storyline. Hell, one of the most frequent criticisms of BotW's story was Ganon being reduced to a generic evil force rather than a character. If this sequel aims to respond to that criticism, it'd be kind of idiotic for them to say "okay this time the villian will be that other guy who was a boring generic evil force rather than a character!".  Even if they do rewrite him into an interesting character, it's like... you're rewriting the wrong one guys!  The damage is done, we don't care about that one! Do something cool with Ganondorf this time or write us a new one!

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess I’m just a bit concerned they’ll just “lol just kidding” the whole deal with Ganondorf/Ganon they hammered on in the first game (that this was meant to finally kill him for good from this timeline). I mean I guess you could argue and say the king or whoever came up with the legend made up that Ganondorf “gave up” his physical form for this, and it was simply ganondorfs rage incarnate while he was chained up...(idk why you’d chain him simply under your castle, when in the previous games you had to banish him to another dimension, but okay?) but then that kinda just makes botw 1 another Ganondorf story vs a return of Ganon itself. And I’m not sure how to feel about that? 

• Nice Smile 1

More: 

Screenshot_20190611-132255_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fe6e39314079e360a4a543837ccedd4a.jpg

Breath of the Wild pulled heavily from Ghibli movies for it's aesthetic, especially Princess  Mononoke. The main character in that film had a curse going up his arm that he had to get rid of. I think a similar thing is happening with Link. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I guess I’m just a bit concerned they’ll just “lol just kidding” the whole deal with Ganondorf/Ganon they hammered on in the first game (that this was meant to finally kill him for good from this timeline).

I think that was just a mistranslation anyway.

And I mean, shit, it's Ganondorf. He always comes back. Zelda has some decent writing sometimes but it's still very oldschool formulaic "the villain always escapes/comes back".

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

It's probably Ganondorf, considering he's wearing a bunch of Gerudo symbols.

Anyway yeah this looks rad as shit, BotW was incredible and I'm very excited to see where they go with this, both mechanically and storywise. And short hair Zelda is cute, but I hope they do more than "yeah she's in the intro with you, but then she gets captured so go save her lol". Dare I dream that they trimmed her hair so it's easier to animate when she's playable?

Perhaps there could be cooperative gameplay with many unique elements between Zelda and Link!!

Co~op or otherwise it would be very amazing for Zelda to access a previously unknown/hidden Shiekah element that complements the Shiekah Slate abilities. 

And in co~op of course they could be combined in myriad ways!!