Awoo.

Next Main Game is 30th Anniversary Title, Drop Dash News

Multikaris

So I finally played Forces for myself and...meh. I mean it's definitely not great but I don't really have many strong feelings one way or another. 

It's kinda like Power Rangers Ninja Steel. People in the Power Rangers fandom talk about it like it's the worst season ever but to me it's mostly just meh and not really worth the hate it gets.

I can admit it's not good but I just can't bring myself to absolutely hate it. At best I'll probably just not play it much but It's not the worst game I've ever played just not one of the best. It's meh.

I'll say this much visually I think it's pretty nice and I actually had a lot of fun creating my custom character. But again there's not enough gameplaywise or storywise to really talk about. It's one of the rare times I can honestly say I do understand the hate but I'll also say that me personally? I don't really feel anything to strong about the game. Hopefully the 30th anniversary game is better.

15 hours ago, SBR2 said:

So I finally played Forces for myself and...meh. I mean it's definitely not great but I don't really have many strong feelings one way or another. 

It's kinda like Power Rangers Ninja Steel. People in the Power Rangers fandom talk about it like it's the worst season ever but to me it's mostly just meh and not really worth the hate it gets.

I can admit it's not good but I just can't bring myself to absolutely hate it. At best I'll probably just not play it much but It's not the worst game I've ever played just not one of the best. It's meh.

My issue with forces was never that it was the worst game ever. There are clearly worse productions in this franchise than that. It's just that the game was so decidedly mediocre after a 4 year development period and hype, public apologies from SEGA that Sonic games would be of consistent quality in the future, etc. It clearly was not worth waiting 4 years for and was definitely not of the higher quality they spoke about. It was very deflating seeing just how easily Mania overshadowed the game. I couldn't believe it at the time but ai was actually.more eager to see what the bigger budget 3D game would turn out to be than Mania, which I knew would be very good from the start. But Forces was so forgettable that even a game less successful than Mania still would have beaten it out. And Mania was made with such care by the team it was obvious, while Forces had no consistent direction. 

These are reasons why Forces was a bad experience for me. And why it seems like the energy behind the fandom is probably at an all time low. How can anyone know what to expect at this point? People are hoping (myself included) that an SA1 remake is on the horizon but we're just guessing.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, SBR2 said:

It was a "Sonic 4" moment for the Adventure fans; a game designed to pander to them without the substance that made the games what they were. That's why it was so disliked.

• Thumbs Up 1