Awoo.

I like to think Sonic X and OVA are canon and the Metarex Saga would have made a good SA3

StarWarsSonic

I like to think that Sonic X and the Sonic OVA are canon because they are the only animated series to be produced by Yuji Naka and Sonic Team. 

I can understand why AOSTH, SATAM, Underground and Boom would all be considered non canon because they are all American productions with no input from Sonic Team.

Plus I like to think of X as canon as it does adapt the stories from Adventure 1 and 2 and at least explains how Sonic and everyone ended up alongside humans.

Also the Metarex saga could have been a Sonic Adventure 3! Instead of a quest to save Earth it would have been a quest across space/different worlds for the emeralds with the expected final boss fight with Super Sonic and Super Shadow fighting Dark Oak.

instead of a biplane shooter mini game you got in Sonic Adventure/Sonic Unleashed it would have been a space shooter instead taking down Metarex ships.

How cool would it have been to take down huge space ships with chaos blasts like Shadow did when Molly was killed!

lots of playable characters you could have like the adventure games as part of the story (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Cream, Chaotix) etc

Guessing most will disagree/hate my opinions lol but just thought I would get it out there regardless.

Edited by Tornado

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StaticMania

• Big Panda

• DabigRG

• StarWarsSonic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t follow. Are you saying Sonic X and the OVA are canon to the games?

’cos they’re not. For a number of reasons.

Sonic X and the OVA are canon to themselves and their own self-contained universes. As far as the games go, that's a giant mess but I can tell you with 100% confidence that X and the OVA aren't canon to the games.

They're...very clearly not. The OVA is their first meeting with Metal Sonic in that universe plus the world doesn't match up with the one seen in the games.

X is almost entirely not canon from the first moment. The Tornado 2 already exists and gets immediately replaced with the X Tornado and Shadow's return in the Metarex Saga completely contradicts his return in Sonic Heroes. 

• 3 weeks later...

That sounds like an amazing, if overambitious game. 

I sorta see where you're coking from though.