Awoo.

Teen Titans Go VS Teen Titans (Movie Confirmed - 2019)

Ryannumber1gamer

For those wondering, there are 3- released clips fir the film as of now.

My thoughts. Well the Versus clip is the best of the 3. The OG's animation of course feels different, but wasn't really distracting. And they did a good job. OG Robin making fun of Go! Robin was absolute gold. XD.

The 2nd clip was fine, but only focused on Go! and I found it pretty funny.

But the 3rd one though. I was Not a fan of the musical scene aside from a few visual jokes. But that's only 2-minutes out of the entire film, so I'd say that wouldn't particularly ruin it for me.

The point is, I enjoyed most of what I've seen so far and I can't wait to see it when it releases. Of course, just for the OG appearances though.

Good god, that musical scene is painful. Not only is it just a shit song in general, and the animation on Star and Cyborg especially is awful, but instead of actually being funny, it's another "lol we need to justify existing when the 2003 titans exists" joke.

• Absolutely 1

You know, I forgot this and the Zombie Island sequel were happening. Probably cause I don't watch either.

6 hours ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

For those wondering, there are 3- released clips fir the film as of now.

My thoughts. Well the Versus clip is the best of the 3. The OG's animation of course feels different, but wasn't really distracting. And they did a good job. OG Robin making fun of Go! Robin was absolute gold. XD.

The 2nd clip was fine, but only focused on Go! and I found it pretty funny.

But the 3rd one though. I was Not a fan of the musical scene aside from a few visual jokes. But that's only 2-minutes out of the entire film, so I'd say that wouldn't particularly ruin it for me.

The point is, I enjoyed most of what I've seen so far and I can't wait to see it when it releases. Of course, just for the OG appearances though.

Robin's face in the first clip looked uncanny. It's like that TV guy from that Sharkboy movie.

Kinda have to wonder why they bothered with Weird Al when they could've just used Dee Bradley Baker.

The scaling of the originals is pretty weird. Likely because they're not designed to fit in this show's world. 

That segue into the song legit hurt due to the snap of them switching outfits. Honestly, half of their cuts feels like motion sickness. Though that could just be what I ate hours before.

That Terra cameo was dark, tho.

The part where Go! Beast Boy keeps getting one-upped by OG Beast Boy's animal transformations made me giggle.

I think this special is going to be great.

• Thumbs Up 2

I also like the cute little detail on the outfits during the song sequence that the OG Titans have "03" on theirs, whereas the Go! Titans rock a "13."

4 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

The part where Go! Beast Boy keeps getting one-upped by OG Beast Boy's animal transformations made me giggle.

I think this special is going to be great.

4 hours ago, Surveillance CC14 said:

I also like the cute little detail on the outfits during the song sequence that the OG Titans have "03" on theirs, whereas the Go! Titans rock a "13."

Yeah, stuff like that seems actually kinda cool. 

So it was ok. The team I grew up with aka the originals were mostly fine....except for some reason 03 Robin does brooding planning out loud he never did in the original series, so it comes off as making a character flaw up that never existed. I enjoyed it when they didn't run jokes into the ground which sometimes they did and it shows. Sometimes I can find myself enjoying a joke, but they proceed to ruin said joke by not properly layering them. So it just ruins what probably should have quit while it was ahead.

For someone like me who is ok with TTG existing as and accepting it's not for me, this movie will not change someones viewpoint who comes from growing up with the originals. It won't help much either. I enjoyed seeing my team again and it was mostly bringing a smile to my face. Songs are still awful though please no more of those. Yes they joke about it being padding but...that doesn't excuse it as ok...Pretty sure some people are gonna take that "You ruined my childhood" representation too seriously (It's only brief not a running trend). I laughed hard at that because those people really overreact to this show like that and need to move on. 

It's not amazing, but it was a treat I very much welcome even if I can't say I fully enjoyed it. I'll take anything to get my team back and accept they had their time. I can't speak from the GO side of things as I don't watch GO. I think GO fans should like it...though they do take a lot of potshots at GO and I'm not sure how much they'll appreciate it or laugh it off. 03 fans I think should be mostly ok with it.

Now about towards the end....keeping this in a spoiler tab

Spoiler

WHO THREW THEIR FETISH IN THIS MOVIE'S CLIMAX!!!! LIKE WHAT?! I was hoping the silly Trigon would be treated as an equal to the serious one since he should have the same powers....but let me get this straight.....he overpowers and cartoonishly eats the serious one....and becomes Hexagon.....and then the Raven asks to be eaten by TTG Raven along with the other Ravens to make her more powerful....like....WHO THREW VORE IN MY TEEN TITANS CROSS OVER!!!! WHY!!!!

• My Emmerdoods 1

It was fine.

I've heard complaints that the old Titans were too goofy, but I think people forget that the 2003 series could be seriously wacky at times. I think it's safe to say that this movie would have been one of the 2003 series' zany "Japanese intro" episodes.

I enjoyed the acknowledgment of all the other versions of the Titans too, with the varying different cartoons and comics and other adaptations getting represented. 

It was no "Turtles Forever," but it was still a fun inter-series crossover that I think highlighted what works about both shows. I liked it.

• Thumbs Up 3

True, the OG show was like that at times. And I think this film fits into one of those episodes definitely. But I've seen mostly positive reviews (aside from the general flash animation complaints). That was until I went into the respective Wikia pages where I seen some say the OG's were as dumb as the Go! versions & other things. But I never got that impression at all.

Still, it was a very fun film to watch. I personally like it better than TMNT Turtles Forever I guess because of the connection I have with the series more than Turtles. Yeah, the other Titans versions appearance was great.

• 3 weeks later...

The episodes included on the blu-ray are:

Teen Titans: 

• Final Exam (Season 1)
  • How Long is Forever? (Season 2) 
  • Deception (Season 3)

Nothing from Seasons 4 and 5, which is shit, especially in the UK, where we've only got Seasons 1-3 on Digital Storefronts, and no sign of Season 4 and 5. Especially silly given Season 4 is literally Trigon's season, and he's the main villain of the movie.

Teen Titans Go:

• Legendary Sandwich (Season 1)
  • Mr. Butt (Season 2)
  • Cat's Fancy (Season 3)
  • Shrimps and Prime Rib (Season 4)
  • The Scoop (Season 5)
  • Chicken in the Cradle (Season 6)