Awoo.

Who’s your favorite racer to play in TSR?

T00tis3

Personally, I always race as Blaze. She’s not only my favorite character, but she has one of my favorite cars too! But I’m kinda curious— who’s your favorite to race as and why? 

Weird place to put this, but okay.

Believe or not, Zavok. Or where Team Adventure is concerned, I usually stick with Silver and Vector.

I did the whole story mode as Sonic.

But online. Zavok and Blaze.

Zavok is just stupidly over powered. Blaze however has the best looking car, best voice actress, amazing handling and speed on the car.

And she's a cat!

5 minutes ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

I did the whole story mode as Sonic.

But online. Zavok and Blaze.

Zavok is just stupidly over powered. Blaze however has the best looking car, best voice actress, amazing handling and speed on the car.

And she's a cat!

Honestly, I stuck with sonic through most of it too— but mainly because I was too lazy to change characters lmao. The fact that she’s a cat really sealed the deal for me. i love racers and cats, and get this, she’s a racer cat. What’s not to love? Plus, this may be a personal thing but I agree that the voice acting not only doesn’t feel out of place but is fun to listen to— she’s one of the characters you’d want your volume on for because she has some pretty neat dialogue. 

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Weird place to put this, but okay.

Believe or not, Zavok. Or where Team Adventure is concerned, I usually stick with Silver and Vector.

I haven’t played as Zavok yet, but despite him not being a fan favorite, I’ve heard a lot of people say he’s fun to play (I might have to find out why later on). And honestly? team vectors an overall lively and diverse group, so all characters in that rooster get an A+ from me. 

I'm partial to speed types, so I pretty much just hot potato around between Sonic, Blaze and Metal.

I think all the characters have awesome vehicles, and the mod's add an extra layer to really fix them to your tastes.

That being said, I do dabble with others just to hear their various voice lines. Racing with Eggman or Shadow is pure bliss, if only because of all the nonsense they spout out in the middle of the race.

1 hour ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

Zavok is just stupidly over powered.

Oh, is he? You're not the first person I've heard say that, mind.

1 hour ago, T00tis3 said:

I haven’t played as Zavok yet, but despite him not being a fan favorite, I’ve heard a lot of people say he’s fun to play (I might have to find out why later on).

I've never played online, so I have little to no way of knowing.

Still, as the last review posted in the Upcoming thread said, he's easily the most "exotic" this game gets. If you don't know much about him, there's a curiosity and fresh factor for the casuals. And if you are a fan and therefore know enough to be confused/baffled/insulted by his inclusion, there's some bile fascination that can be had.

Either way, this is his first time being playable in a game that matters and sorta his first time interacting with much of the cast.

7 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I'm partial to speed types, so I pretty much just hot potato around between Sonic, Blaze and Metal.

I think all the characters have awesome vehicles, and the mod's add an extra layer to really fix them to your tastes.

Funny, cause I generally avoid them..

8 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

That being said, I do dabble with others just to hear their various voice lines. Racing with Eggman or Shadow is pure bliss, if only because of all the nonsense they spout out in the middle of the race.

I'm shocked by how little I've actually played Eggman.

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

!!! I don’t know why but I LOVE to go z r o o m. Me and my friend both played as shadow in local multiplayer and there wasn’t a second that went by where he WASN’T talking and tbh? Best worst thing I’ve ever experienced. -0/10 would absolutely do it again. 

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Funny, cause I generally avoid them..

You must like to lose then

Oh, did I say that out loud? 😋

48 minutes ago, T00tis3 said:

!!! I don’t know why but I LOVE to go z r o o m. Me and my friend both played as shadow in local multiplayer and there wasn’t a second that went by where he WASN’T talking and tbh? Best worst thing I’ve ever experienced. -0/10 would absolutely do it again. 

I love how you can overhear character banter even from characters you arn't playing as - even if they arn't on your team. Shadow tailgating you and demanding that "The Ultimate Lifeform needs to pass" just really adds to the playful atmosphere the races have. Everyone has road rage and everyone is screaming at everyone.

Its also nice that it seams every character has a unique piece of dialog for every other character. That's just pure fan-service right there.

I'd say Zavok to at least give him some much needed love.

Other characters I often play include Shadow, Metal Sonic, Blaze, Silver, and the Chao. Big is quite hard to play as but I also main-ed him quite a bit.

9 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I love how you can overhear character banter even from characters you arn't playing as - even if they arn't on your team. Shadow tailgating you and demanding that "The Ultimate Lifeform needs to pass" just really adds to the playful atmosphere the races have. Everyone has road rage and everyone is screaming at everyone.

Its also nice that it seams every character has a unique piece of dialog for every other character. That's just pure fan-service right there.

Over 5,000 lines of pure bliss indeed. There’s a lot of character interactions going on in TSR that aren’t really expanded on anywhere else. I think the only line I could go without was the w h o s y o u r d a d d y s h a d o w. I love how everyone supports n hypes each other up but at the same time rejects your friend request on Facebook  if you so much as pass them [Amy will remember that].  Tbh Everyone’s having a good time so YOU'RE having a good time as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Blaze The Cat.  The only important one.*shot*....honestly, Blaze hasn't been in a 3D racing game for awhile and I'm enjoying the heck out of it!

On 7/8/2019 at 12:37 AM, Sega DogTagz said:

No, you typed it.

Anyway, I seem to only do better with them in certain missions. Granted, I don't play as them enough to know otherwise for sure, but yeah. 

Plus, I'm more about the strategy and/or immunity baby!

Usually depends on how I'm racing, but I always usually use speed types unless I'm racing with friends in a custom lobby.

A lot of the time I just use Sonic or Shadow, but I don't mind using Blaze sometimes. I usually just main Shadow though. (Though I pretty much have Sonic and Shadow's the same stat wise, which is why I just go between the two.)

I think I end up playing Tails, Silver, Eggman, and Vector the most. 

The ones I hardly play seem to be the characters in Team Rose. Especially the Chao. 

I don't like leaving characters by the wayside so sometimes I'll just go through and play as everyone in order for the hell of it.

• 2 weeks later...

When I ever have time to play TSR  , I pick Rouge mostly , I love her car and I really enjoy her voice lines .

I didn't like Karen Strassman voicing Rouge in Generation and Forces , but she sounded way much better in this game , that I ended up liking her voicing .

Other characters I tend to pick are Shadow , Omega and Tails .

• 2 weeks later...

Despite Zavok blatantly being the best power character, (especially in time trials) I still refuse to play as him. Call me paranoid but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Team is recording the character usage statistics and uses the high numbers of top players playing as Zavok as an excuse to bring him back as a "fan favorite."

3 hours ago, Mark_The_Dephiles said:

Despite Zavok blatantly being the best power character, (especially in time trials) I still refuse to play as him. Call me paranoid but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Team is recording the character usage statistics and uses the high numbers of top players playing as Zavok as an excuse to bring him back as a "fan favorite."

Calm down there, Ronaldo. :lol: 

But if anything, I hope they use something like that as an excuse to actually something with his character again and/or bring back the other Zeti for a change.

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Love playing Amy even though her car has absolutely no creativity put in to it at all.

You mean stats wise or the actual ascetics? because The ascetics can be changed significantly. The stats can be changed too but the changes are not unique to each car, so yeah you can upgrade her speed but any other speed character who also has a speed upgrade will still have an advantage.

For me Metal Sonic is the most disappointing stats wise. Less speed but more handling?  excuse me but WHAT? Amy is usually a slower speed character, so having more balanced stats for her makes sense, but Metal Sonic's design just screams "Boost". I have no clue why they thought being made of METAL gives you better handling. Metal Sonic should have had LESS handling and lower base stats overall but higher boost. Take Sonic R for example, he has a higher top speed than Sonic but is worse at everything else (especially acceleration and handling). It makes sense because Metal Sonic was designed to put speed above all else so he could compete with Sonic, but being a machine instead of "a natural" means he has less "finesse" if you will. I don't know what they were smoking when they thought Metal Sonic should get more handling than the standard speed characters, or that Big and Zavok should have higher speed stats than Knuckles.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:19 PM, Mark_The_Dephiles said:

or that Big and Zavok should have higher speed stats than Knuckles.

:lol: Oh shoot, really?

On 10/24/2019 at 6:19 PM, Mark_The_Dephiles said:

You mean stats wise or the actual ascetics? because The ascetics can be changed significantly. The stats can be changed too but the changes are not unique to each car, so yeah you can upgrade her speed but any other speed character who also has a speed upgrade will still have an advantage.

For me Metal Sonic is the most disappointing stats wise. Less speed but more handling?  excuse me but WHAT? Amy is usually a slower speed character, so having more balanced stats for her makes sense, but Metal Sonic's design just screams "Boost". I have no clue why they thought being made of METAL gives you better handling. Metal Sonic should have had LESS handling and lower base stats overall but higher boost. Take Sonic R for example, he has a higher top speed than Sonic but is worse at everything else (especially acceleration and handling). It makes sense because Metal Sonic was designed to put speed above all else so he could compete with Sonic, but being a machine instead of "a natural" means he has less "finesse" if you will. I don't know what they were smoking when they thought Metal Sonic should get more handling than the standard speed characters, or that Big and Zavok should have higher speed stats than Knuckles.

The car ascetics Amy's vehicle has very little features that tie it to its driver like the other cars. Amy is finally fast in this game and I love it.

On 10/27/2019 at 10:05 PM, Fire-N-Space said:

The car ascetics Amy's vehicle has very little features that tie it to its driver like the other cars. Amy is finally fast in this game and I love it.

You mean faster compared to her appearances in the other games? Because she is still the slowest speed character in the game in terms of both speed and boost which IMO are the most important stats given that the tracks are usually wide with relatively gentle corners compared to previous games. Yes you can upgrade those stats, but other speed characters with upgraded stats will have them increased by the same amount so they will still be faster. In practice I guess that it is not that important outside of time trials though since AI use rubber banding and online has no players.