Awoo.

Canon Immigrants

Wraith

Team Sonic Racing confirms that Wisps won't work for anyone they know is evil though. Mimic worked because he was putting up a front, as soon as Cube learned of the betrayal they noped right out of there. 

On 10/28/2019 at 12:40 AM, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

No, the driving conflict is Sonic vs Eggman, no matter how hard you want to twist it to mean otherwise. It’s been that way since the beginning, has been reinforced for almost 30 years, and is not going to change anymore than Mario vs Bowser will.

It's only "Sonic vs Eggman" because Sega can't be bothered to use other bad guys instead. Just because Mario uses the same villain over and over AND OVER doesn't mean Sonic should do the same.

On 10/28/2019 at 12:40 AM, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

You may argue that it doesn’t need Eggman specifically, but that can of worms also means it doesn’t need Sonic either—and no one of sense is going to say that and mean it unless they want the consequences they know will come from it.

Well you need Sonic because he's the title character, but otherwise you could replace him with any other hero.

On 10/28/2019 at 12:43 PM, Tornado said:

I'm sorry that a story arc in a children's comic book has given you permanent PTSD.

Wow, thanks for the sympathy.

Anyway, I believe I mentioned Rough and Tumble earlier in this thread. Am I the only one who thinks they'd fit perfectly in the games?

12 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

It's only "Sonic vs Eggman" because Sega can't be bothered to use other bad guys instead. Just because Mario uses the same villain over and over AND OVER doesn't mean Sonic should do the same.

Even if Sega made more use of other bad guys, it’s still going to be “Sonic vs Eggman” because these two characters are the central hero and villains.

Even Mario uses more bad guys (far more than Sonic), and they still keep it that way for the same reason.

12 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

Well you need Sonic because he's the title character, but otherwise you could replace him with any other hero.

That was my point.

6 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Even if Sega made more use of other bad guys, it’s still going to be “Sonic vs Eggman” because these two characters are the central hero and villains.

Even Mario uses more bad guys (far more than Sonic), and they still keep it that way for the same reason.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on that.

6 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

That was my point.

And my point is that the series is called "Sonic the Hedgehog", not "Sonic and Eggman".

26 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on that.

And my point is that the series is called "Sonic the Hedgehog", not "Sonic and Eggman".

...Your reasoning doesn't hold up at all. Remove Link and Ganondorf from The Legend of Zelda because it's not called The Legend of Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf. Remove humans from the Pokémon games because it's not called Pokémon and Humans. Remove every character from Othello who isn't named Othello even though Othello himself is ostensibly not the main character.

Do you see how dumb it is to base your entire argument on the title of the franchise? It's not about what the name is, it's what the creators demonstrate and what fans consider to be the central aspects. Eggman is one of the cornerstones of the franchise because he shows up in almost every game, and this is an objective fact, and you not liking this doesn't make that go away. You're literally wrong and there's nothing you can do about it no matter how much you whine about it.

Also you'd be singing a different tune if Eggman weren't human. I don't know what your obsession is with making Eggman a furry but it legitimately weirds me out. You just want him gone from the franchise because of his species and I don't get it

Also this is dumb so I'm going to tell you to stop talking about this immediately and get the fuck back on topic

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

• 3 weeks later...

One idea I had in mind for how to integrate Chris was basically a matter of welding him during Season 3 in with the vendor from 06. He'd make things like sneakers similar to the SA2 upgrades & the Soleanna gems and put them on the market. In fact, he could just be a Mark Zuckerberg type of guy except actually chill,. 

And while we're at it, you could also Ramada as a rival CEO, perhaps one who doesn't actually participate in her products' development and/or is more concern about the style.

Assuming is the right word. To be honest, no matter how much Ian and/or IDW keep saying they're still trying, I don't think they'll ever get the go ahead to reintroduce any of them. So really for me this is all hypothetical speak. 

You’d need a really strong offer that even Sega can’t refuse that involves them to have a guarantee of bringing them back.

Anything less is uncertain.

What makes this more baffling is that they wouldn’t really have anything to lose simply bringing those characters in an fitting them into IDW. If anything, it would save a lot more time and work with existing characters that could populate the setting than it would with new characters, with the addition of bringing in more readers, particularly old school fans that remember these characters so long as the spirit of the characters remains intact, and newer fans would get a taste of the past as they’re reintroduced as new characters anyway, much like the Chaotix.

That Archie had already done all of that and more makes me wonder what the higher ups have in their mind for not capitalizing on this, barring any legal issues that legitimately create difficulties to this. And even that could still be chalked up to making sound business decisions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, but for example… what could be an offer they can't refuse? I can't think of anything right now.

Still, I'm sad that the reboot stuff is off-limits, we lost way too much just when these characters were introduced/redesigned. I hate this.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:22 AM, Tangled Jack said:

Yeah, but for example… what could be an offer they can't refuse? I can't think of anything right now.

Literally anything that can give them more sales. But that’s a dangerous rabbit hole under the wrong direction, which Sonic Team have a muddy record on.

There's an assumption that material gain would beat out the reasons why they don't do it. And honestly, I doubt it would. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 9:42 AM, azoo said:

I'd argue if one wanted to make the Zeti good then it could be done on it's own time separate from Naugus. 

Besides, as said before, they're oni and Naugus is western-influenced. The distinction between the two would be even better if you wanted to up the variety on villains Sonic encounters, food for thought.

Naugus could be a cultural outlier the others are ashamed of.

7 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Naugus could be a cultural outlier the others are ashamed of.

Which would be saying something considering Zor.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What is Team Rose?

Team Rose from Sonic Heroes. It was composed of Amy, Big, and Cream. If they had introduced Archie characters into the games, we would have probably gotten Amy, Sally, and Mina in Team Rose instead.

I unironically like Big the Cat.

And while I get people not thinking Amy is crazy jealous stalker, I still don't get how they can think she'd be besties with other pursuers for Sonic with ZERO hiccups involved.

9 minutes ago, AzureLakeSanic said:

Team Rose from Sonic Heroes. It was composed of Amy, Big, and Cream. If they had introduced Archie characters into the games, we would have probably gotten Amy, Sally, and Mina in Team Rose instead.

No I mean, what IS Team Rose? What does it stand for, what is it about?

2 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

And while I get people not thinking Amy is crazy jealous stalker, I still don't get how they can think she'd be besties with other pursuers for Sonic with ZERO hiccups involved.

What, is this turning into the Unpopular Opinions thread?

6 minutes ago, AzureLakeSanic said:

Amy, Sally, and Mina are a better Team Rose than Amy, Big, and Cream.

That is baffling sentence on so many levels. Team Amy-Sally-Mina simply wouldn't be "Team Rose"

Like, wouldn't Sally be leader not, Amy? Oh right, she's already part of her own team. She even has 2 female besties, Nicole and Bunnie.

And what purpose this team has? Certainly not gameplay, since Sally isn't flight character and Mina doesn't really do fighting (I guess for racing games?)

And girls have little to no chemistry. I don't remember them ever hanging all 3 together, or even Amy/Mina ever interacting, nor can I imagine them completing each other same way Amy/Cream do. (Ok, Big is obviously tacked on, but at least his Gentle Giant persona naturally flows with rest of the team).

• Thumbs Up 1

In my canon, they interact with each other and Sally is the straight man to Amy's hyperactive persona. I understand Sally would probably the leader and this wouldn't even work out so well in the actual games.

Yeah the Speed/Power/Flight dynamic isn't going to work with that setup at all. Mina's has a good claim to speed type, and really Sally would have a hard time fitting into a category. While I want the freedom fighters to make a immigration to the games, or IDW one day. There's got to be a better approach than Sonic heroes team dynamics. 

Sally's gonna naturally fit a tech role as Tails and Robotnik do. It would be cool seeing the brash side of Amy's leadership contrast with Sally defensive mother-bear leadership. I actually can see earnest chemistry between Sally and Amy. Mina in the games sounds like a wild card though. 

1 hour ago, E-122-Psi said:

Didn't 06 prove that wrong with Elise?