Blueknight V2.0

Scooby-Doo Return To Zombie Island: Release Date ,Poster, Screens, & Synopsis

Haven't seen the film yet, but we've got our first big retcon - the original Zombie Island now no longer stars the grown up, experienced Scooby gang who had to hold down jobs and were skeptics to the supernatural, now it's taking place while they're still in high school (somehow, despite Daphne having her own show and Velma owning a book shop).

37 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Haven't seen the film yet, but we've got our first big retcon - the original Zombie Island now no longer stars the grown up, experienced Scooby gang who had to hold down jobs and were skeptics to the supernatural, now it's taking place while they're still in high school (somehow, despite Daphne having her own show and Velma owning a book shop).

Then I will retcon this from my mindscape. Like the Zombies, this needs to stay buried. Zombie Island Sequel? What sequel? 

Skimmed a summary of the film myself and you're really not missing much by pretending it doesn't exist as it's less of a sequel and more of a "hey, remember that?"

The film actually takes place directly following Curse of the 13th Ghost (a rare bit of continuity between these DTV films), with the gang being out one Mystery Machine and in forced retirement. Fred takes this the hardest, as he misses his van quite a bit. (That clip of them taking down all the monsters is actually a dream sequence of his.)

The new Zombies are actors hired by a director who lured the gang back to the island to shoot a movie based on their previous adventure. (He read it summarized in the "unsolved cases" section of Velma's blog, who is in denial that what they experienced previously on Moonscar Island was real. It's basically the exact same Velma subplot as the last film, just replace 13 Ghosts with Zombie Island.)

Most of the new cat creatures are revealed to be dudes in costumes, save for one who remains unexplained to toss in a little bit of uncertainty. Velma gladly accepts this similar situation's fakery as proof that the original mystery couldn't have been real (With Fred and Daphne questioning her logic and still being believers, but giving it to her to make her happy.) Basically the same conclusion as Curse of the 13th Ghost, only ending with the gang being allowed to get back to solving mysteries and teasing taking on a few more unsolved cases. (I'm wondering if these revisits are going to be a trend for the next few DTVs.)

29 minutes ago, Surveillance CC14 said:

Skimmed a summary of the film myself and you're really not missing much by pretending it doesn't exist as it's less of a sequel and more of a "hey, remember that?"

Hide contents

The film actually takes place directly following Curse of the 13th Ghost (a rare bit of continuity between these DTV films), with the gang being out one Mystery Machine and in forced retirement. Fred takes this the hardest, as he misses his van quite a bit. (That clip of them taking down all the monsters is actually a dream sequence of his.)

The new Zombies are actors hired by a director who lured the gang back to the island to shoot a movie based on their previous adventure. (He read it summarized in the "unsolved cases" section of Velma's blog, who is in denial that what they experienced previously on Moonscar Island was real. It's basically the exact same Velma subplot as the last film, just replace 13 Ghosts with Zombie Island.)

Most of the new cat creatures are revealed to be dudes in costumes, save for one who remains unexplained to toss in a little bit of uncertainty. Velma gladly accepts this similar situation's fakery as proof that the original mystery couldn't have been real (With Fred and Daphne questioning her logic and still being believers, but giving it to her to make her happy.) Basically the same conclusion as Curse of the 13th Ghost, only ending with the gang being allowed to get back to solving mysteries and teasing taking on a few more unsolved cases. (I'm wondering if these revisits are going to be a trend for the next few DTVs.)

Reluctant Werewolf was listed as an "unsolved mystery", so it's gonna be fun to have Velma explain how Shaggy didn't actually turn into a werewolf but really he was just high off the paint fumes of Dracula's castle and imagined it all.

(and yes, that's a thing, in the movie - she tries to claim the gang inhaled swamp gas and imagined all of Zombie Island)

34 minutes ago, Surveillance CC14 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I guess the consolation price here is that being pretty conclusive and solved, we don't have to retread The Cyber Chase after this.

-hopefully-

Yeah this movie was basically a cash grab to get fans excited like they did with the 13th Ghost movie 

I’m definitely not looking forward to anymore movies....and yet I can’t stop myself from watching them lol

I heard they’re making a sequel to that KISS Crossover movie though so hopefully that might be good, not having any high hopes though

On 9/17/2019 at 1:53 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Shaggy's complete antipathy to relieving that is kinda humorous.

Still, this clips is super plot dumpy and the new voices are pretty distracting.

On 9/18/2019 at 12:04 AM, MarioKartGamerDude said:

Yeah this movie was basically a cash grab to get fans excited like they did with the 13th Ghost movie 

I’m definitely not looking forward to anymore movies....and yet I can’t stop myself from watching them lol

I heard they’re making a sequel to that KISS Crossover movie though so hopefully that might be good, not having any high hopes though

Hey, at least 13 Ghosts was sorta cut short and happened during a period for the franchise.

Not that I've watched any of these newer movies since the Chupacabra or whatever.

Rebeltaxi recently dropped a short review of it, basically saying that it was unnecessary and boring. If the original first Zombie Island movie revitalized the franchise than this one is definitely dragging it into a shallow grave (with S.C.O.O.B being hopeful).