Awoo.

Sonic Appears in OK K.O.! (Crossover Episode on August 4th)

Sonictrainer

Here's a clip from OK KO! Let's be Heroes featuring a special appearance by Sonic the Hedgehog and Tails. "Let's Meet Sonic" will premiere on Cartoon Network on Sunday, August 4, at 4:45 pm (ET/PT).

Watch more from Comic Con 2019 here!

Uh...what?

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 2

This was rumored about a week ago, and I posted about this lol. Didn’t get much attention, but hey, it’s real, and I’m looking forward to seeing how this goes!

• Thumbs Up 3

This is a show I don't watch near as much as I should. It's so good but I keep forgetting when it's on.

I'm totally catching this one though. Toby Jones confirmed on Twitter that Sonic and Tails will be voiced by Roger and Colleen BTW.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

OK ko, I didn't seen this coming. I know this show loves crossovers, but Sonic? I do wonder if Eggman will show up, considering that Boxman is so similar to him in many ways.

With all that said, I expect this to be just kinda cute and nothing more. A decent-ish story, few references, maybe good comedy. Crossover with Steven Universe, Ben 10  and TT:GO wasn't all that amazing (beyond very idea itself).

• Thumbs Up 5

11 minutes ago, MainJP said:

I like how he breaks into random Sonic poses coincidentally right before Sonic shows up in the flesh.

7pD3MUH.jpg

n5a9zJG.jpg

That Adventure Pose always confused me 

• Thumbs Up 1

It makes sense for other CN properties to show up in the show, but Sonic and Tails? That's so flippin' random and I love it. And it's obvious in that short scene that whoever wrote it knows their Sonic.

And DANG, did they seriously play a part of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog theme using a Sega Genesis sound font?

The only way this could get any better is if they brought that character who is played by Wes Weasley and had him interact with them. How bizarre would that be?

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, PC the Hedgehog said:

And DANG, did they seriously play a part of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog theme using a Sega Genesis sound font?

Yeah, because that particular track is a public domain song called "In the Hall of the Mountain King".

They use knock-offs of Live and Learn and Emerald Coast, but can go straight for the prize with this one. It definitely requires some actual love for the series to pull out a reference to AoSTH. Whoever is behind this project is definitely a Sonic fan themselves.

• Thumbs Up 9

Heh, yeah, I was aware of the original music piece (as well as the others that AoStH mashed together for its theme). Just thought it was cool how they used it instead of a "soundalike" Sonic theme from the classic games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m expecting a 06 joke somewhere along the episode. Not sure why, but I feel they’d do something with regards to that.

• Thumbs Up 1

i heard the speculation about this and thought it was fake, but lo and behold, it's actually real.

it already looks like there's going to be a lot of neat refrences in this, and i like OK K.O. already so i'll definitely be watching this.

37 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

It makes sense for other CN properties to show up in the show, but Sonic and Tails? That's so flippin' random and I love it. And it's obvious in that short scene that whoever wrote it knows their Sonic.

The writers are clearly huge Sonic fans. They've made several references over the last couple seasons. 

Also technically none of their crossovers save for Crossover Nexus were with Cartoon Network properties. Captain Planet aired on TBS and Ghoul School was Hannah Barbera.

• Thumbs Up 1

just saw this posted on the official social media. not familiar with this show, but I recognised the sonic 1 pose before the hedgehog himself showed up :)

this looks like so much fun! :) this is the kind of tone I like. definitely looking forward to this

• Thumbs Up 1

Part of me wishes K.O was still voiced by the original VA of Kid Goku just for the irony of having Goku technically hang out with Sonic.

But yeah, this looks really fun, can't wait to see more from it. 

• Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

The writers are clearly huge Sonic fans. They've made several references over the last couple seasons. 

Also technically none of their crossovers save for Crossover Nexus were with Cartoon Network properties. Captain Planet aired on TBS and Ghoul School was Hannah Barbera.

Eh, I basically consider any Hannah Barbara property a Cartoon Network property. They're basically one and the same these days.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really cool to see this crossover happen! It was leaked roughly half a year ago now. Haha! Looking forward to finally watching it.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Eggman shows up with Boxman, that’s TWO Robotnik voices together!! That’s the only thing I’m looking forward to!!

• Thumbs Up 2

I just love sonic in 2d animation (and 2d in general). who knows, this may lead to a reboot of 'adventures of'? I haven't been this excited over sonic in quite some time! 😃

50 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Someone had spotted this.:

Ugh I hope Penders or his followers didn’t either 

54 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Which is fun is that they referenced it, but with the current Sonic logo (used by IDW). With the other reference here, I'm pretty sure they did that willingly xD It's pretty cool.

This looks promising, never watched OK KO. I don't actually know anything about it. But I'll probably give this episode a watch if nothing else.

The most notable thing to me is that AoStH music. It makes me wonder if they'll maybe be able to use the AoStH Robotnik theme if Dr Eggman appears, I'd like that a lot, tho that music probably isn't public domain so it probably won't happen.

OK KO is a decent but fun show. if the plot would ever continue to move forward but it jumps around so much many times i catch plot advancing episodes by accident and sit surprised. That plus I do enjoy how all the ladies have huge hips in this series lol. I wonder what goofy plot they will use for this one off. Probably eggman building boxman some super mech that they struggle with at first but KO uses a move of sonics to defeat it by the end.

Oh, this show IS still going! That's good.

Not sure how I feel about the correlation here, but I suppose they did do something similar for a Holiday special.

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

This is a show I don't watch near as much as I should. It's so good but I keep forgetting when it's on.

I'm totally catching this one though. Toby Jones confirmed on Twitter that Sonic and Tails will be voiced by Roger and Colleen BTW.

Has it even been showing much?

Cause I know the Pizza Party Podcast once talked about how it hadn't aired in a while and Mr. JQ didn't seem to be too confident about it's future.

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

OK ko, I didn't seen this coming. I know this show loves crossovers, but Sonic? I do wonder if Eggman will show up, considering that Boxman is so similar to him in many ways.

Oh, well when you put it like that, it actually makes more sense.

1 hour ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

That Adventure Pose always confused me 

I think it's supposed to be a doofy jaywalk with him doing that click-click thing towards chicks.

That's something I came up with just now, for the record.

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Oooh, that's a deep cut!