Awoo.

Sonic Appears in OK K.O.! (Crossover Episode on August 4th)

Sonictrainer

Last preview clip before show time tonight! Sonic 2 and OVA represent!

• Thumbs Up 8

So Jim Cummings is gonna be the villain trying to take down Sonic in this episode?

Dude, there HAS to be a reference to SatAM Robotnik at some point. You have the actor in the recording studio doing a Sonic-based episode of a show that knows Sonic lore backwards and forwards, you HAVE to take advantage of it.

Either way, this is gonna be great. I've been grinning like an idiot with every clip I've seen.

K.O. doing a spindash has Dark Chao color scheme, like a little Dark Chao ball.

I would've said Shadow, but Shadow always glows yellow when spinning.

• Thumbs Up 1

i was about to post that clip, ha. 

again, it reinforces the idea that anyone can do what sonic does. that his abilities can be 'learned', and are not unique to him :( also, sonic being egotistical, and approving of someone worshipping him is off putting, and not in line with the character I know.

I have to say that I do love the colours and animation :)

i'll still wait until the rest is posted before judging it fully..

• Nice Smile 1

I like how they alluded to Tails' origins of being bullied before Sonic picked him back up, and then him wanting to keep moving forward to keep up with him. If I'm not mistaken, I don't think it's been mentioned since X.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's like they released this clip literally just to sway any fears about how they're handling Tails. Cause imo, any fear I had of this turning out like LW got thrown straight out a window after watching it. Love that he seems to be the one helping out K.O. the most and putting idolization of Sonic aside a bit for it.

There's just so much life being put into these characters, it's astounding. This really is being done by people who actually care about the source material. It's stuff like this that really revitalizes my belief that these characters can be great; even among all of ST and Sega's failed attempts. They just need the right people for the job.

• Thumbs Up 7

That was really heartwarming. I was smiling and enjoying myself. @Strickerx5 nailed it. I mean it did ease some important concerns.

I hope the whole thing has this genuine sincere feel. It's what Sonic has lacked in voiced roles for a long while. None of that overdone cynicism bullshit that has been a plague for a years. Just pure love and affection.

Man they packed a ton of references into that. Its neat seeing the Miles Electric becoming more of thing now, and I like how Tails is the one capable of explaining the spindash, seeing as how he's the guy who invented the move in the first place.

That was fantastic.

Really well written. Awesomely animated. And enough references for Tails to choke on faster than that one chili-dog. 

I also really appreciate how the jealous Tails angle was done in a way that didn't turn him into an asshole. Like, it was actually really adorable here and it led to a genuine heart-to-heart rather than an odd forced apology.

Sonic needs to be animated way more often. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

I liked it overall. It was fun. I guess I ain't used to the 10 to 15 minute slot thing for toons. I grew up with always 30 for the most part. But yeah overall I enjoyed it. I'd probably have Sonic maybe be a little less of a dick. Sometimes it was funny and great, other times it was kinda just...eh. But it was clear there was a lot of love for Sonic. So many references everywhere.

I hope Cartoon Network, Warner Bros. Animation and SEGA could make Teen Titans GO! / Sonic the Hedgehog 1 hour crossover episode special called Team Teen Titans GO! VS. Team Sonic! in the future.

The only thing that sucks about cartoons these days is that most are made to be short 13 minute episodes. But it was a funny episode with so many  call out refs. Why is it that some fans put more passion into sonic then sega. I mean hell you have some trying to make 06 a playable good game and doing a fine damn job at it.

Also can Sega  get rid of the silly sonic cant swim joke already. I know its funny but the only reason it was even a thing was cause naka did not know hedgehogs could swim.

Well that was a joy. I loved all the nods and the little interactions. Darryl doing the Scratch laugh, Sonic saying "gotta light speed keed", Boxman calling Darryl and Jethro dumbbots all hit me right in that AOSTH loving sweet spot. Plus you gotta love the meta joke of Boxman standing in for Eggman and sharing a voice actor with a previous version. 

It was a big fun love letter to Sonic and I would gladly see Ian and his crew do a full Sonic cartoon. 

Also I don't really get the complaints that cartoons are too short nowadays. Theatrical cartoons were 7 minutes long, most "30 minute" cartoons were really 2 11 minute segments with occasional full half hour episodes. It hasn't really changed that much. It's just now they air the segments apart from each other. 

They are shorter these days. Few cartoons from the 90s were split into two seperate airing. that was something simply done in the late 00s and up to now. Shows like Gargoyles, as told by ginger, savage dragon, witch, satam, srmthfg, ubon, I know im jumping between shows and years on different networks but a majority in the day were full episodes with commercials. And every now and again you would have your recess's which split shows up but they were few and far between back then and were a way to get a full season out faster as many did not know how long they would last but sometimes knew the number of episodes they were contracted to.

i think 3 of those were early 00s actually

30 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Also I don't really get the complaints that cartoons are too short nowadays. Theatrical cartoons were 7 minutes long, most "30 minute" cartoons were really 2 11 minute segments with occasional full half hour episodes. It hasn't really changed that much. It's just now they air the segments apart from each other. 

I'm only speaking for myself here: Whenever I say that it's either because I was enjoying it and I wanted to see more of it or in the case of Steven Universe it feels like nothing happens until the last 4 mins and when things are starting to get good the episode ends. 

16 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

They are shorter these days. Few cartoons from the 90s were split into two seperate airing. that was something simply done in the late 00s and up to now. Shows like Gargoyles, as told by ginger, savage dragon, witch, satam, srmthfg, ubon, I know im jumping between shows and years on different networks but a majority in the day were full episodes with commercials. And every now and again you would have your recess's which split shows up but they were few and far between back then and were a way to get a full season out faster as many did not know how long they would last but sometimes knew the number of episodes they were contracted to.

i think 3 of those were early 00s actually

Yeah but the difference is most of those were action cartoons. Comedies have always been shorter.

Loved it. Well written, great animation and loved the references to AOSTH, CD, OVA, the lot!!!. Was just a massive love letter to Sonic fans. Can we just have more of this?!?!

• Thumbs Up 1

I grew up watching the Cartoon Cartoons on CN. 11 minutes is business as usual for me.

I will say that I'd prefer a Sonic show come out that uses the full 22 minutes again. Preferrabley 2D animated and full of love like this episode of OK K.O was.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just got to see it with some of the SSMB.  It was great seeing how they approached Tails' jealousy issue in it rather than how it usually is, and the references were grand.  I had a decent amount of confidence in their ability to pull it off, and I'm glad they did it so well!

That was a thing of sheer beauty.

I can't believe roboticisation is a thing used in 2019 but as an Archie fan, that made me so happy to see.

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting, this pure joy is infectious.

Well, I have something to look forward to, in like a year...at most.