Awoo.

Bocoe, Decoe, and Bokkun in the games

Blazey Firekitty

I was wary of suggesting characters from Sonic X to be put in the games. After all, I feel that putting Chris in the game canon could be potentially disastrous.

Still...I was thinking that perhaps it would nice for Eggmen to have his Badnik "family" from the anime helping him in the games. They don't seem like they'd get in the way of anything or steal screen time from anyone...It seems like it would be fitting that, since Sonic tends to have Tails, Knux, and Amy on call for adventures, Eggman could have his own little team to aid him in his schemes, and develop his character.

Perhaps they could even be used to help restore his final boss status...i.e., you'd fight Eggman's henchbots as bosses for most of the game, and then finally have the big showdown with the man himself at the very end.

I think Eggman is comic-relief enough as it is, with the aid of his occasional sentient drones. I feel that it would be comedic overkill to have a permanent set of blundering bots at his side the whole time ^^;

I think Eggman is comic-relief enough as it is, with the aid of his occasional sentient drones. I feel that it would be comedic overkill to have a permanent set of blundering bots at his side the whole time ^^;

I guess it could potentially become a form of sensory overload. :lol: I can almost see all four of them wildly conversing on screen, struggling to get a word in edgewise. :lol:

Nope. I'd not like that to happen, though those three really are the ones I'd least mind being put into the game. I think that SA-55/Ergo from Unleashed fits their role brilliantly.

Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun were more than mere comic relief- They were Eggman's companions and friends, and greatly developed his character through their interaction with him, especially in the comic series.

SA-55 seems like an attempt to "adapt" them into one character, but where the three X robots shared genuine comradery with Eggman, SA-55 merely comes across as snarky without the close emotional bond that I feel X's henchmen had.

That said, as much as I adore these characters, I don't expect them to appear in the games any more than any other cartoon characters. I will say that I found the characters to be surprisingly deep, and one of the best new elements that Sonic X made up for the show!

I think that SA-55/Ergo from Unleashed fits their role brilliantly.

Yeah, I really like SA-55 and I'd like it if they continued using them. I don't think I would have liked the good ol' Doctor as much in Sonic Unleashed if SA-55 wasn't there.

SA-55 fits the bill if you ask me. So no, not really.. I always thought they were sort of lame and didn't bring much to the table other than flying around Eggman's ships and being his status-reporters...

Now if you were talking about Scratch and Grounder, then we might be getting somewhere. =P

Don't get me wrong, I liked SA-55. But I found his characterization rather shallow compared to the more emotionally-developed Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun. SA-55 was there to be funny, but I feel the X bots were funny, as well as charming and genuinely sympathetic characters.

A lot of people unfavorably compare them to Scratch and Grounder. Sure, they weren't the slapstick comedy duo that the SSSSS Squad was, but they weren't supposed to be. The three Sonic X robots were Eggman's friends rather than mere bumbling minions, and because of that they were characterized as less wacky than their possible inspiration from AoStH, adopting a more subdued performance.

And for what it's worth, I think they succeeded at giving Eggman a group of friends to vent to and converse with. The comics expand on this even more, even devoting an entire issue to how much Eggman and his robots need each other, and how at the end of the day, they'll always be there to help one another out. Seeing Decoe and Bocoe rescue Eggman from their traitorous replacements Dukon and Bukon, followed by Eggman stylishly blowing the aforementioned traitors to bits, was a very satisfying story indeed.

To me, that's what made them stand out. They were more than mere minions, and became the closest thing any version of Eggman has ever had to true, honest, pure friendship.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

I don't think so. I really don't like their designs at all and from what little I remember of Sonic X their personalities didn't interest me all that much either.

I do like the idea of giving Eggman some consistent lackies, tho'. I just think they should work with what they've already got in the games. Metal Sonic has been a missed opportunity since his creation; Heroes is the closest they've come to exploring his character and he's barely even in the game and in the middle of full-scale rebellion to boot. I'd really like to see Metal used as an actual character, and the best way to do that is with him working for Eggman. Ergo, too; he exists entirely to give Eggman someone to talk to, and their scenes were some of the best in Unleashed.

I too found them exceptionally bland and boring in Sonic X ^^; Give me Scratch and Grounder and Coconuts any day ;)

I too found them exceptionally bland and boring in Sonic X ^^; Give me Scratch and Grounder and Coconuts any day ;)

I kind of liked how Scratch and Grounder seemed to have at least something of a caring brotherly relationship, even if they were the bad guys and argued with each other often.^^

They were adorable XD And they have a pretty large fanbase following that their Sonic X counterparts haven't seemed to be able to emulate.

They were adorable XD And they have a pretty large fanbase following that their Sonic X counterparts haven't seemed to be able to emulate.

I didn't know so many people cared! You learn something new every day.:3

I really have to wonder if the X bots really were inspired by the SSSSSS...Especially looking at Bokkun, he's almost a dead ringer for Coconuts in some ways.

Bokkun I did find somewhat entertaining and likeable. Decoe and Bocoe I really couldn't enjoy at all. They bored me to death. But Bokkun was fun :>

Bokkun I did find somewhat entertaining and likeable. Decoe and Bocoe I really couldn't enjoy at all. They bored me to death. But Bokkun was fun :>

Hard not to like a flying bomber who loves candy!:D

I hated those guys. I always found it stupid how those 2 robots have human-like eyeballs. They're just annoying generic characters.

Stick with Chaotix. Now those are some funny guys.

I'm with Mechano on this one. It'd be a cool addition having them in the games and they really did have quite a bit of depth to them, even in cartoon. They seemed more like human than robot. They had feelings, they had some sort of hobby, they even quit working for Eggman at one point in the anime due to his neglect for them.

As for Scratch and Grounder, people really give them too much credit. While I love them as much as the next guy, they really didn't do much except chase Sonic, fail at nearly everything they do, and have bad voices. They were fun, but not the kind of characters I'd like see return as henchmen again, aside from the fact that it'd look completely out of place for them to coexist with today's Eggman without completely changing either one's tone, which would completely defeat the purpose.

I don't think they'd fit at all. I hated all the extra characters in Sonic X as it was, why would I want to see them in the games?

I'd love to see Scratch and Grounder, but I can't see them working as new creations... Eggman is capable of far more competence these days XD; However, having them as sentient bots who somehow survived scrappage in the early games and show up outta nowhere wanting to be taken back by Eggman would be pretty funny XD

They had feelings, they had some sort of hobby, they even quit working for Eggman at one point in the anime due to his neglect for them.

And what I love is that they came back. And while they were gone, Eggman tried to cook Bokkun breakfast, but he's not much of a cook. Aww.

The similar comic story, where Eggman fires Decoe and Bocoe and builds replacements for them, focuses more heavily on their relationship with Eggman. In the end, the robots and Eggman really do depend on each other, and I love that. I think Ian Flynn really fleshed Decoe and Bocoe out in the Sonic X comic, which along with its extended focus on Eggman is one reason it's my favorite Sonic continuity!

I think there could be a place for Bokkun. Like some kinda forboder or something. Now as far as henchmen go, Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles please.

Bokkun, maybe. Bocoe and Decoe, not so sure.

I don't know, but I absolute find tricksters to be hilarious all the way and Bokkun was no don't one of them. Flying around delivering explosive messages and being one of the scariest folks in the series (every time he shows up, others freak the hell out). Bocoe and Decoe, however, don't seem very interesting, but that's just me talking for myself. I could never get into them.

Overall, I like SA-55 a lot better. He's the one who serves as Eggman's assistant and gets bitchslapped for sassing directly infront of the doctor and has a lot of humor to him.

If anything however, they need to make Metal Sonic more of a character than just a minion. He's essentially Eggman's most powerful creation, and he could atleast be grateful to Eggman for making him in the first place in that no matter how powerful he is, and how smart he gets, he is ever loyal to Eggman. And honestly, if he was going to betray Eggman, it should atleast have been a glitch in his programming. Heroes really fucked him over.

If anything however, they need to make Metal Sonic more of a character than just a minion. He's essentially Eggman's most powerful creation, and he could atleast be grateful to Eggman for making him in the first place in that no matter how powerful he is, and how smart he gets, he is ever loyal to Eggman. And honestly, if he was going to betray Eggman, it should atleast have been a glitch in his programming. Heroes really fucked him over.

I agree.

I love how affectionately Eggman treated Metal Sonic in the OVA- Cheering him on and even doing a goofy little dance as he shouted "Goooooo Metal!" You could tell he was really proud, y'know?

I'd love to see Eggman and Metal Sonic interact. He likely sees Metal Sonic as a special creation, and it could be cool to show him actually expressing a sort of fondness for him, and in turn, for Metal Sonic to develop and express concern for his master. But alas, Heroes happened, and the rest is- of course- history.