Awoo.

Bocoe, Decoe, and Bokkun in the games

Blazey Firekitty

Again, I think the comparisons to AoStH's robots are faulty. They're not supposed to fill the same role.

Both groups of minions succeeded at what they were designed for, I feel. But, indeed, both sets were designed to do different things. Like I said, Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun were never meant to be the over-the-top slapstick Sonic-hunters that Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts were. They were designed more as Eggman's butlers than bounty hunters, and as such spent more time doing tasks around the home base, and providing Eggman with someone to talk to of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, I think the comparisons to AoStH's robots are faulty. They're not supposed to fill the same role.

Both groups of minions succeeded at what they were designed for, I feel. But, indeed, both sets were designed to do different things. Like I said, Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun were never meant to be the over-the-top slapstick Sonic-hunters that Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts were. They were designed more as Eggman's butlers than bounty hunters, and as such spent more time doing tasks around the home base, and providing Eggman with someone to talk to of course.

That makes sense. Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun certainly weren't meant to be roaming all over the place like the SSSSSS were.^^

Perhaps, you could argue they weren't but the question was could you see Bocoe, Decoe and Bokkun in the games and I replied that I'm of the opinion that the AoStH robots seemed like they'd be more suitable in comparison. Even if you wanted to argue their roles were different, that Decoe and Bocoe were more or less Eggman's servants, that kind of role's not going to give much in the way of room for them to be very engaged in the storyline. The SSSSS Squad plus Bokkun seem like they'd be far more flexible characters to work with.

About Scratch and Grounder appearing in the games...I wouldn't mind seeing them as I love them both but one thing must be remembered. In AoStH it was never thought that Robotnik powered his badniks with animals trapped inside, In the games however, he did. If Scratch and Grounder were to be original badniks who had come back they'd have animals inside them which Sonic wouldn't stand for...

But who says they have to be original badniks that came back? Izuka admitted he re-invented the Chaotix, so why couldn't SEGA just as easily reinvent the SSSSS Squad to be instead, newer creations that that would follow the recent trend of bots not relying on animals?

Eh, Decoe and Bocoe weren't that interesting, maybe if they were given more of a personality.

But Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts in addition to SA-55 would be awesomesauce.

It'd be like the Koopa Kids from Mario 3 meeting Bowser Jr, feeling replaced and trying to impress Robotnik even more.

Throw a more fleshed out Metal Sonic, Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun and you have a family of robots trying to make Eggman like them. Awww.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that makes 8 robots. That's a bit of a crowd, unless it's worked ala-Mario 3 where you fight a different robot at the end of a level and get to Eggman at the final part. Of course the robots wouldn't be totally destroyed, they just put themselves together like AoStH!

...in my little dreamworld. D:

Edited by Indigo Rush

Nobody ever mentions Eggman's only recurring robot minion in the games besides Metal Sonic (and perhapes Mecha/Silver Sonic, if we are to believe the various models are indeed the same robot): E-100 Alpha, codenamed Zero. Sure he only appeared in two games, but that's still enough to count him as recurring!

Of course, personalitywise... he had none. He was the very defenition of a mindless minion. But considering that's that the games seem to want to make Metal Sonic come of as these days, i would vastly prefer it if that role was instead given to Zero, so that Metal could instead be given his sentience back and develop as a character.

Zero isn't completely uniteresting though, because he raises a few interesting questions. First of all, unlike the other E-series robots, he has no voice. Why is that? Is it because he is a primitive prototype without the intelligence of Gamma, Omega and the rest of his brothers? (He does seem to have emotions though, as he waves his arms in an angered fashion whenver Amy appears to be escaping him). And more interestingly, he has no animal inside. What's up with that? Why would the prototype/first incarnation of the E-series robot not have an "organic battery" while the following models did? Come to think of it, it would make much more sense to have it the other way around; that Zero, being a primitive prototype, still made use of Eggman's old "badnik" technology from the old games, while the later models would instead have Eggman's new "animal-less" technology from the newer games.

Of course, personalitywise... he had none. He was the very defenition of a mindless minion. But considering that's that the games seem to want to make Metal Sonic come of as these days, i would vastly prefer it if that role was instead given to Zero, so that Metal could instead be given his sentience back and develop as a character.

Rivals 2 seemed to develop him somewhat. He was silent (just as he should be) but chose to override his orders to uh... damn, I've forgotten. At the end of the game anyway he dealt himself serious damage by forcefully taking an Emerald out of his chest so that he and Shadow may escape. Otherwise, Metal has only really been a mindless drone in CD (his d

Wait. Do we know for certain that Zero had no animal powering him?

Actually, for that matter, do we even know that "higher" Badniks like Metal Sonic don't? Metal Sonic's never been totally destroyed for us to properly see a little animal hop out, after all. And we do know that the Egg Robos, who were essentially "Metal Eggman" in practice, were powered by animals.

It's a common assumption that Metal Sonic and other "elite" robots don't make use of animals, but there's really no evidence either way it seems. Given that Eggman's stopped using animals in recent games, it's probable that Captain Whisker and his crew don't have animals, nor does SA-55. But Metal Sonic was constructed back in the earliest days of Badniks, and that makes me curious about his power supply.

Wait. Do we know for certain that Zero had no animal powering him?

Actually, for that matter, do we even know that "higher" Badniks like Metal Sonic don't? Metal Sonic's never been totally destroyed for us to properly see a little animal hop out, after all. And we do know that the Egg Robos, who were essentially "Metal Eggman" in practice, were powered by animals.

In Sonic CD Metal Sonic was destoyed, if I remember correctly, and there was not any animal.

But that's what made him so funny! Eggman could presumably deactivate him at any moment with a slap of his fist, yet SA-55 wasn't intimidated and still felt he could get away with making fun of his master XD He must have recognised that the poor Doc was so friendship starved that he'd put up with it ^^;

I liked that as well. I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

I liked the three robots because they interacted with Eggman and bickered with him. I'm sure they'd be neutral or mildy amused to me otherwise.

It's true, there's no animal in Sonic CD. But there weren't any inside of any of the other robots either (flowers instead), so there's many power sources Eggman can chose from. Maybe it's very expensive or difficult to power without an animal and only some of them get to not have it. Wasn't Metal's source of power an emerald in Rivals?

The only info about Metal's structure are the outer armour, the main and sec computer and the main and sec engine. I wish we'd know more though. I like to read through his equipment.

Edited by redmenace

Eh, Decoe and Bocoe weren't that interesting, maybe if they were given more of a personality.

It'd be like the Koopa Kids from Mario 3 meeting Bowser Jr, feeling replaced and trying to impress Robotnik even more.

Throw a more fleshed out Metal Sonic, Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun and you have a family of robots trying to make Eggman like them. Awww.

I like the idea of them all trying to impress Eggman. But I feel Metal Sonic really shouldn't be part of that, as the rest of the characters are comical to some extent. While Metal Sonic can still be quite serious when it comes to it, and I think that's quite nice to have: a serious enemy that isn't used for comic relief.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that makes 8 robots. That's a bit of a crowd, unless it's worked ala-Mario 3 where you fight a different robot at the end of a level and get to Eggman at the final part. Of course the robots wouldn't be totally destroyed, they just put themselves together like AoStH!

...in my little dreamworld. D:

Maybe they could insert all of the robots into a game. Maybe a little crowded but it would be funny to see how they all react diffferently around him. SA-55 being his usual mocking self, Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts being sent out to hunt Sonic, Decoe and Bocoe working the base, Bokkun blowing stuff up. It would give Eggman his own little army.

Let's see... 1...2,3,4...5,6,7...

SA-55, Scratch, Grounder, Coconuts, Decoe, Bocoe, Bokkun...

Tails, Knuckles, Charmy, Espio, Vector, Amy, Big, Shadow, Rouge, Cream, Blaze, Silver...

I'm sure there's more of Sonic's friends than the robots.

MAKE MORE SIDEKICKS, EGGY. SHOW THEM YOU ARE NOT INFERIOR! :D

Wait, did I include E102-Gamma and Metal?

Edited by Daisoku Cresellia

Good point Daisoku, Eggy needs moar friends. Sonic has tons of buddies, Eggman needs to even out the sides.

They don't seem like characters that would apeal to the gamers,but putting them in for comic relief probobly wouldn't ruin the series or anything. personaly if we start putting characters from the T.V. shows in the games the first on my list would be Manic.

Well putting them in would give more personality on Eggmans end. Most of the time Eggman has been alone or with one sidekick and him having a actual force and not just his Eggman robots to go against Sonic would put his personality more into the spotlight.

Haven't we all learned from Sonic X already?

I believe that Decoe and Bocoe would get in the way too much. In the games Eggman controls his robots in the comfort of his Egg Mobile. In Sonic X he had his robots do all the work and hardly fought Sonic one on one like he does in the games. That makes him less of a boss like that. The only use of Bocoe and Decoe is mostly to carry stuff, do the chores, etc. So basicly they would only be really minor characters anways.

Bokkun however could stay to be Eggman's messenger. That's what mostly does other than eating cakes and riding golems.

Scratch and Grounder are good examples of how Eggman should do things. But make them more compitent. XD

Scratch and Grounder is love btw

Edited by <3