Awoo.

Looks like we are going to get Sonic CD betas really soon

snow344

Nice. Would be so cool if the beta's include details of the scrapped R2 stage or the scrapped Sonic 1-styled special stage.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

10 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Nice. Would be so cool if the beta's include details of the scrapped R2 stage or the scrapped Sonic 1-styled special stage.

OkeijiDragon got me excited. This is some REALLY early stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

EA-_TrkUEAAxgix.jpg.4e9d7ab01007719a3200eb99da741363.jpg
Aww, man. I love these 80's/ early 90's fantasy/ futuristic oil paintings.
Can we get more Sonic games with this kind of atmosphere? Rather then Baby's first green hill zone.

• Fist Bump 1

14 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

EA-_TrkUEAAxgix.jpg.4e9d7ab01007719a3200eb99da741363.jpg
Aww, man. I love these 80's/ early 90's fantasy/ futuristic oil paintings.
Can we get more Sonic games with this kind of atmosphere? Rather then Baby's first green hill zone.

ICEknight pointed out that this area is in CD.

vgBxFnr.jpg

The area's in the Special Stages would make for way better stages than Green Hill for sure.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

54 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Would be nice to see Desert Dazzle.

I think Taxman was the one who came up with that, but it would be nice if that zone turned out to actually have been considered for the original development of the game. We could also end up seeing that zone seen in the ending, but not in the game.

11 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I think Taxman was the one who came up with that, but it would be nice if that zone turned out to actually have been considered for the original development of the game. We could also end up seeing that zone seen in the ending, but not in the game.

Ahhh was it? I thought it was an omitted level from CD. I probably heard the name a good few times in the run up to Mania and its got lost in translation in my head.

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2019 at 1:19 AM, Eurisko said:

Ahhh was it? I thought it was an omitted level from CD. I probably heard the name a good few times in the run up to Mania and its got lost in translation in my head.

Desert Dazzle was going to be in the 2011 remake of CD, but it was actually based on the cut desert level "Dust Hill" from Sonic 2.

R2, the cut level from the original version of CD, didn't even get mockup screenshots to base anything on, though there is some unused sprites, concept art, and even a hint of it in the ending video. See here: http://info.sonicretro.org/R2

• Thumbs Up 1