Awoo.

SEGA to announce new 'AAA' title at Gamescom 2019

Tracker_TD

It could be the Trojan Total War Saga game, not sure if that counts as AAA.

As much as I love Jet Set Radio, I dont think that'll ever get a sequel.

It's clearly Alpha Protocol 2, the true game Obsidian is making.

-i wish-

4 hours ago, Plasme said:

It could be the Trojan Total War Saga game, not sure if that counts as AAA.

An article already said it doesn't involve Creative Assembly, so unless they have allowed SEGA to outsource the next TW to another dev, it's not that.

Saying AAA new game coming from SEGA really remarks me of Sonic, but I think it's to early for Sonic 30th as well too late to release a main game before (If that one turns to be real) the anniversary.

Jet Set Radio is dreamer, but sadly unlikely, but assuming how many are talking about it, It really hypes me.

Maybe you guys are forgetting some important franchises, why not Crazy Taxi 4 but more likely a new Phantasy Star headed worldwide (Phantasy Star V?).

Despite that, maybe a new Hatsune Miku (Not sure if it is or still belongs to SEGA), but I think on a crossover from major important franchise or a complete new game/series is more likely.

Yeah, it's pretty vast, just waiting 'til the announcement to know what. JSR2 is a dream.

If it's specifically named as AAA then there's only a handful of existing franchises that it could realistically be. JSR is about ten years too late to put AAA money behind it and expect to not take a bath on it; Crazy Taxi never was, etc. If it's not Sonic, Phantasy Star is a legitimate option, as is a Yakuza title.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure that if it was Sonic they would say "it's Sonic" from the beginning. I think it might just be Alien.

4 hours ago, Tornado said:

If it's specifically named as AAA then there's only a handful of existing franchises that it could realistically be. JSR is about ten years too late to put AAA money behind it and expect to not take a bath on it; Crazy Taxi never was, etc. If it's not Sonic, Phantasy Star is a legitimate option, as is a Yakuza title.

Doubtful its phantasy star as online 2 will be coming west in 2020.....................................unless........PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 3 heck yea. But honestly if not JSR then sonic.Or another yakuza which is ok.

Teaser site up: https://hmkd.sega.com/

People on Resetera are talking about a trademark SEGA made called Humankind, so its probably that.

https://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/showData.jsp?ID=USTM.79263620

So, not JSR.

spacer.png

On 8/12/2019 at 1:19 PM, Plasme said:

As much as I love Jet Set Radio, I dont think that'll ever get a sequel.

JSR 3 isn't completely out of the question. It topped the SEGA Ages poll last year and plenty of series from the poll have been returning. Probably not AAA, though. At the very least a remaster of Future should happen...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

JSR 3 isn't completely out of the question.

There was a Jet Set Radio 2?

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

There was a Jet Set Radio 2?

Did you forget Future existed?

29 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Did you forget Future existed?

Must have.

39 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Must have.

That's alright. SEGA forgot it exists too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2
  • Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

That's alright. SEGA forgot it exists too.

Definitely don't recall seeing it on Steam or any other other consoles from the last decade.

You know I was thinking about it and this little teaser from Sega reminded me of something but its actually pretty obscure.

OblongAshamedBasilisk-size_restricted.gi

Remember Illbleed? A uniquely fun survival horror game for the Dreamcast? Well it really reminded me of the Horror Monitor shown here. It might just be a conscience but considering how out there Illbleed was well it could be anything. I'm kind of hoping for a new Illbleed but its really out of the cards. Its just something I wanted to point out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually thought about Illbleed too honestly. I wish I hadn't because that game scares me to death, but it definitely sprung to mind.

I'm pretty certain it's this Humankind thing, but it would be funny if SEGA suddenly turned around like "yeah we own Illbleed now". Back when SEGA did its round of Dreamcast ports I actually saw several requests for a port of it - I assume they saw Zodick and thought SEGA actually made the game. 

Considering the teaser and the fact that SEGA of Europe is involved, if it isn't a new IP it could be Alien related, just with the humankind as subtitle or something. And without CA involved, though it begs the question of who is gonna be the dev regardless of what this turns out to be.

20 hours ago, Tornado said:

Future was on XBox.

And apparently on nothing else. What gives?

On 8/17/2019 at 1:39 PM, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

And apparently on nothing else. What gives?

Sega and Microsoft were so closely wound immediately following the Dreamcast being discontinued that Sega was actively campaigning to have Dreamcast games straight up being playable on the original XBox; and it was an open secret even at the time that Microsoft was highly considering just buying Sega outright to get their foot into the door in the Japanese market. There was almost certainly money funneled into the creation of JSRF (and Orta, and ToeJam and Earl III, and Sega GT 2002, and Crazy Taxi 3, and etc.) from Microsoft that made it so they (largely) never made it to anything else.

It wasn't until it was clear that the PS2 was going to walk away from the original XBox in sales no matter how much effort/money Microsoft threw at it that Sega started supporting the PS2 more heavily.

• Thumbs Up 2

So all of this lead to a rts and i could not be more disappointing. Seriously biggest let down. Hopefully they can do something decent at the TGS

15 hours ago, Meta77 said:

So all of this lead to a rts and i could not be more disappointing. Seriously biggest let down. Hopefully they can do something decent at the TGS

It's not even a generic RTS, it's literally just a rip off of Civilisation. The name Humankind isn't even subtle about it.

I honestly don't know who makes SEGA's executive decisions, because how much of a moron do you have to be to try to challenge Civilisation, which is one of the most popular and iconic PC franchises of all time.

1 hour ago, Plasme said:

I honestly don't know who makes SEGA's executive decisions, because how much of a moron do you have to be to try to challenge Civilisation, which is one of the most popular and iconic PC franchises of all time.

The only reason any of us are on this board is because SEGA tried to challenge one of the most popular and iconic platformers of all time.

Competition isn't a bad thing, even with seeming titans (look at PUBG's explosion, and how that got destroyed by Fortnite). The problem here isn't challenging Civ, it's that this doesn't look interesting as a challenger to Civ.

• Thumbs Up 1