Awoo.

Wacky World of Sports

ShadiWulf

Imma be the first to say this....this game looks like trash!

And your 2nd imagine does not work.

Edited by Black suit Shadic

Now why do people have to waste unique ideas on shovelware minigame-fests like these instead of making a full game this crazy? Wasted potential if you ask me.

Youtube copy/pasta:

To be fair it doesn't look THAT bad. At least it has some imagination and wacky ideas put into it to keep things fresh. Better than yet another vanilla 'family sports' title at least.

WarioWare Smooth Moves was basically a 'casual' title consisting of loads of quick micro-games, and that was an excellent title which everyone could enjoy.

I'm not saying that this game will be awesome or anything but not every minigame collection on the Wii is just a shallow cash-in. At least give it a chance.

So yeah, while I'm not saying this game will be anywhere near brilliant to say it is automatically crap because it is yet another minigame collection on the Wii is a bit extreme. Though maybe this is an argument I'm best staying far away from because of all the hatred I'm bound to get thrown my way.

^ Oh I agree. I mean, M&SATWOG looks great for a minigame like collection. This just looks original. And how many games do we see now that has originality?

Wii fans better get used to these types of games from SEGA, there is probably a ton more coming :) Oh, and probably a lot of low quality games like the Conduit coming too.

• Bad Quality Post 3

^ Oh fuck, now you did it. The Conduit, like Halo though not being revolutionary, was one of the best shooters and it costed loads of money to make. Also, get your facts, SEGA just published it, like Madworld. High Voltage made The Conduit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

^ Oh fuck, now you did it. The Conduit, like Halo though not being revolutionary, was one of the best shooters and it costed loads of money to make. Also, get your facts, SEGA just published it, like Madworld. High Voltage made The Conduit.

That game didn't cost shit to make if SEGA is happy with 300,000 copies shipped.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 3

That game didn't cost shit to make if SEGA is happy with 300,000 copies shipped.

The difference is while Sega but in money towards Madworld's development and publishing, Sega only published The conduit which was more or less already developed my High voltage (i.e. most of their money went ito it), while Sea just had to deal with the publishing costs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm not a huge fan of The Conduit or anything, and I haven't even really played it, but it looked like it had a decent budget to me.

Just seems random to me but I do like the style of it. It reminds me of the old SEGA games from the Saturn and Dreamcast days a little.

Does anyone know whos developing the game? Is it one of SEGA's Japanese or euro in house teams or is it being done by a 3rd party developer?

Wii fans better get used to these types of games from SEGA, there is probably a ton more coming :) Oh, and probably a lot of low quality games like the Conduit coming too.

You know... Just to point this out. While it's true that Sega is happy about the small sales numbers, they were saying the same about MadWorld too before it went to a screeching halt. I don't really see them just crapping out Mini-games anytime soon, when they said many times that they do see a hardcore market on the system, not hoping for a million or bust. (Especially with New I.P.s) It's been in written articles twice. (Plus, I actually played the Conduit. It's good. Not great, but good.)

Anyway as for this game. If you meant this to be a left hook on the Wii, yet again, just because it's another mini-game collection, doesn't make it instant shovelware. The Graphics aren't much to brag about, but the style is interesting and the gameplay could be something fun.

Am I personally interested in this game? Not really, as far as mini game collections go, I'm already set with Mario and Sonic: At the Winter Olympic Games. It's looks far more superior than this.

Edited by Sir YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought i'd bump this and say

TOLD YA SO TOLD YA SO

so far the game only has one review, and its a 5/10

Not a big fan of Nintendo are you Shadi?

Did this thread really prove anything to anyone?

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

TOLD YA SO TOLD YA SO

http://wii.nintendolife.com/reviews/2009/09/wacky_world_of_sports_wii

SEGA didn't even make a press release the day this game was shipping to stores.

Good for you? Want a biscuit?

And you told who so? No one said that this game was guaranteed to be good. Everyone said that it had the possibility of being fun or crap. I for one said I was looking forward to Mario and Sonic: At the Winter games way more than this anyway.

Reviews came out, game's down the middle, oh well... Moving on. It just shows that you only brought this up for, yet another, Wii left hook. It really proves nothing if this game blows or not. (Let alone from just one review.) Might as well talk about how games like "Damnation" or "Terminator: Rise of the Machines" sucks. It only amounts to the same thing.

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

TOLD YA SO TOLD YA SO

http://wii.nintendolife.com/reviews/2009/09/wacky_world_of_sports_wii

SEGA didn't even make a press release the day this game was shipping to stores.

..did anyone expect this to be a decent game?

Also a 5/10 isn't really that bad, since it simply says that this game is average.

So um, congrats on SEGA making an average game on the Wii, I guess?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup, it's the best the Wii deserves.

Oh come off it already, we already get that you hate the Wii and Nintendo in general. I'm not excited over the Wii as much as I was before, but do you need to carry such an attitude wherever you post?

I mean, come on, enough with the poop throwing already. ಠ_ಠ

You should just put "I hate Nintendo" in your signature and leave it at that.

Edited by Cap'n Crunch
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yup, it's the best the Wii deserves. SEGA has great games coming to the PS3/360 and PSP in the near future.

What about the DS? SEGA has made some great DS titles and the DS' game selection is definitely nothing to shake your nose at.

• Thumbs Up 1