Awoo.

Is the fanbase as large and as active today as it was 10-15 years ago?

batson

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:44 AM, Dr. Mechano said:

Obviously, I like Eggman as a character and still find him entertaining - even if I don't think he ever had nearly as much depth or complexity as I used to always go on about.

As someone who used to have vivid discussions about Eggman with you back in the day, it's kinda interesting to see you say that. Because yeah, I remember your opinions regarding the characters depth of personality. You really saw something in Eggman that I didn't, that's for sure!^_^

I should say though that I am in the same boat as you, since I also used to have rather strong opinions on the franchise that I've lately loosened up on. I guess once you reach the age of 30, somehow a fictional universe and the fictional people in it doesn't seem quite as "serious" a thing as it did back when you were a young lad with a head full of imagination. :P

1 hour ago, batson said:

I should say though that I am in the same boat as you, since I also used to have rather strong opinions on the franchise that I've lately loosened up on. I guess once you reach the age of 30, somehow a fictional universe and the fictional people in it doesn't seem quite as "serious" a thing as it did back when you were a young lad with a head full of imagination. :P

There are works of fiction that I do still think are well-written and fleshed out, and am still able to get really invested in. Sonic just isn't one of them.