Awoo.

Ion Fury - Duke Nukem 3D Spiritual Successor just got released! (PC, Switch, PS4, XONE)

Solister

Ion_Fury_logo.jpg

Ion Fury (Formally, Ion Maiden) is that spiritual successor many Duke Nukem 3D fans were waiting since they got disappointed with Duke Nukem Forever.

Developed by Voidpoint and distributed by 3D Realms (The same responsible for the 90's counterpart), Ion Fury was developed in the very same engine Duke Nukem 3D kicked ass back in 1994. The game is out today, August 14th on Steam and GOG.COM as well for Switch, PS4 and XONE.

The game was in Early Access until some time ago and is finished and now released. The original name was called Ion Maiden but due to lawsuits, it was changed to Ion Fury. It actually a sequel to Bombshell, however that one has nothing to do with Duke3D. Here we control Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison (Not Duke, sorry) and we need to save the day in a very basic plot (As I know so far, not looking for Spoilers). However though, Jon St. John, Duke voice actor as well some familiar Sonic faces, does the villain main voice.

The game received very well reviews with a Metascore of 81%, 10/10 on Steam and varies around 9 in website reviews.

Screenshots:

26.jpgjpg

Well, I actually wasn't that hyped for this game but now I'm a bit excited for it. Going to see if I can manage some money to get it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I should have said this on Status Update but it was too late for me yesterday. I bought the game and here is my first impressions.

So, the game fits into one of the stereotype I was wanting the most, an action/adventure Sci-Fi Female Protagonist Game, and this game just not did this as well made on the very old-school way I love.

The strongest point of the game certainly is the details, with a few things that you almost don't believe they put on the game and references, not just to Duke3D but for other Classic FPS, including not 3D Realms related, main remarkable, Unreal. I feel they missed a few references opportunities but this is just the game beginning.

The price of the game don't seems much friendly so I convinced my brother to each one pays half and then both have access to the game on Steam, but this one certainly IS a game to consider buying. Specially as it's been a while I was looking for a Sci-Fi female protagonist game, so this one was a perfect game.

Now I'm just excited to they "deconstruct" the game so I easily will take those beautiful textures and use with my over 7 years Doom gaming/modding experience as well excited to make new levels for this one too.

I've had this game since back when it was Ion Maiden in Early Access, and I played through the whole thing yesterday. It was a good time, and I might experiment with making some levels myself if I can work up the determination to actually follow through.

Even better, 3DR has another throwback FPS in the pipeline-- WRATH: Aeon of Ruin. Looking forward to that, as well. But this thread is about Ion Fury, so I might make a topic on it some other time, if no one else does.