Awoo.

How SonAmy might benefit the series

Owen Deane

Shadow is technically 50+ and physically 16 but has only been walking around experiencing things for a couple years max so I don't know what the fuck basically

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

36 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Going to step in just to say Kirby, Ratchet, and Megman all have girls that like them and the first two either like back or blush or are embarssed around when they show affection.

Wait, Kirby and Megaman do?

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Shadow is technically 50+ and physically 16 but has only been walking around experiencing things for a couple years max so I don't know what the fuck basically

Shadow's age is the friends we made along the way

25 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Though I heard this scenario pitched as Shadow X Vanilla one time and then shadow adopted cream or something

The crack?

25 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I now regret my name

Yeah, i was sorta wondering at the start.

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Shrodinger's Shadow? He is simultaneously too old and too young for every character.

• Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, i was sorta wondering at the start.

It was just a combination of like shadow and a word for lazy

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Megaman do?

I don't know about Kirby, but to my knowledge - outside of Fully Charged, which was a hot garbage fire, Mega Man has never had an romantic interest. Outside of FC, there's been one occasion, which was in the Dreamwave comics, where Rock (named Rocky there) had a crush on a girl called Chelsea, but that only lasted a grand total of four issues, and nothing actually came of it.

The only other major, and arguably "good" time it's been done was in Archie Mega Man, where Roll was the one trying to ship others (whilst ignoring Ice Man's own feelings towards her). She tried to hook up Quake Woman with Mega Man. However, since Quake Woman was currently recovering from having her personality wiped, meaning she has to learn emotions all over again, and Rock not really understanding the point of relationships, they just agreed to stay friends.

Other than that, the only other relationship off the top of my head explored is it was Vesper Woman teasing Quake Woman over a crush on Proto Man. However, since the same issue was one of the final issues of the series, and Vesper Woman was designed to be an annoying little sister to try jumpstart Quake Woman's emotions again, we don't particularly know one way or the other.

So all that to say, Mega Man does not really have this at all? There's three spin offs in the oceans of various Mega Man products that played with it. Fully Charged is shit, Dreamwave died after four issues, and Archie didn't explore it much at all. 

Kirby, I have no idea. I don't recall anything Kirby related where Kirby fell in love with anything. 

19 minutes ago, thumbs13 said:

Heck, Mega Man's only notable female is also his sister, so that one seems confusing too. 

Exactly.

17 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

They're talking about Ribbon...who counts as recurring now.

Is that the Octopus-blob thing?

21 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

...I don't think there is a megaman ever that has a romantic interest besides like roll in battle network. Otherwise unless i'm remembering correctly they are just kinda...super fighting robots... then robots that fused with humans to become andriod hybrids.And then farther in the future, humans that are also kinda robots but they evovled so far, its kinda forgotten a bit fused with the soul of megaman and zero

The megaman timeline is strange and features multiple apocalypses

Now that think about it, there is not-Cylindria from the newest show.

5 hours ago, MainJP said:

Recently? She's always kinda been like that though? Even outside the Sonic games. She WAS the 4th hero character.

kWBPOMI.jpg

Btw, where is that Chao screenshot from?

17 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Amy is a little young for him and vanilla is a little old for him.

Isn't he technically the older one?

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

It was just a combination of like shadow and a word for lazy

Ah yes, but of course.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Is that the Octopus-blob thing?

No, she's the fairy from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

You're talking mental age or physical age? Because Shadow is physically the same age as Sonic.

He's one year older than Sonic but yeah it's not a big deal when you put it that way I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The only other major, and arguably "good" time it's been done was in Archie Mega Man, where Roll was the one trying to ship others (whilst ignoring Ice Man's own feelings towards her). She tried to hook up Quake Woman with Mega Man. However, since Quake Woman was currently recovering from having her personality wiped, meaning she has to learn emotions all over again, and Rock not really understanding the point of relationships, they just agreed to stay friends.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that issue.

Just now, Wraith said:

He's one year older than Sonic but yeah it's not a big deal when you put it that way I guess. 

Wouldn't that make Shadow 66 years old?

I thought he was suppose to represent good stuffs.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

No, she's the fairy from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.

Oh.

I guess that sounds about right.

37 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Wouldn't that make Shadow 66 years old?

I thought he was suppose to represent good stuffs.

I'll just put him under 'teenager' and move on 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Kirby had ribbon.

Megaman rollin later games when she was not his sister and I always saw the command mission staff *the blonde one* to be closer to x than the others.

The megaman one can be written off probably but Ribbon definitionally had a thing for kirby.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So all that to say, Mega Man does not really have this at all? There's three spin offs in the oceans of various Mega Man products that played with it. Fully Charged is shit, Dreamwave died after four issues, and Archie didn't explore it much at all. 

There’s also X, but he’s too dense to get in a relationship. On someone who isn’t Mega Man, there’s Zero, who DOES fall in love. But he, again, isn’t Mega Man. Volnutt is dense, too. Lan Hikari canonically marries his love interest. And Geo Stellar isn’t looking for a relationship. ZX has no one you can call Mega Man.

There are next to no love interests in the series.

As for Sonic, he’s not interested. He wants to be free as the wind, something that only happens if he stays free from romance. Not that it suits him anyway. Don’t count on SonAmy being a thing.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

Kirby had ribbon.

Megaman rollin later games when she was not his sister and I always saw the command mission staff *the blonde one* to be closer to x than the others.

The megaman one can be written off probably but Ribbon definitionally had a thing for kirby.

...You mean different series? Like Legends, and stuff, because Roll's still Mega Man's sister in the classic series.

When you look past the classic series there’s Volnutt with ether Roll or Tron, .exe and Roll.exe reflect there operators Lan and Maylu. Zero’s got both Iris and Ceil, but as stated isn’t necessary a Mega. Come to think, there is a navigator that gets shipped with X among the fan base, but I can’t tell you if the game’s play into it any.

17 minutes ago, Cuz said:

When you look past the classic series there’s Volnutt with ether Roll or Tron, .exe and Roll.exe reflect there operators Lan and Maylu. Zero’s got both Iris and Ceil, but as stated isn’t necessary a Mega. Come to think, there is a navigator that gets shipped with X among the fan base, but I can’t tell you if the game’s play into it any.

You mean Ayla?

What kinda name is Volnutt?

4 hours ago, thumbs13 said:

Shrodinger's Shadow? He is simultaneously too old and too young for every character.

Robotnik’s 50ish... just saying. 

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

You mean Ayla?

What kinda name is Volnutt?

Yeah, that’s the one.

Oh, oh, A last name! :B

1 hour ago, thumbs13 said:

...You mean different series? Like Legends, and stuff, because Roll's still Mega Man's sister in the classic series.

i meant the other series.

6 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I don't know about Kirby, but to my knowledge - outside of Fully Charged, which was a hot garbage fire, Mega Man has never had an romantic interest. Outside of FC, there's been one occasion, which was in the Dreamwave comics, where Rock (named Rocky there) had a crush on a girl called Chelsea, but that only lasted a grand total of four issues, and nothing actually came of it.

Other than that, the only other relationship off the top of my head explored is it was Vesper Woman teasing Quake Woman over a crush on Proto Man. However, since the same issue was one of the final issues of the series, and Vesper Woman was designed to be an annoying little sister to try jumpstart Quake Woman's emotions again, we don't particularly know one way or the other.

Kirby, I have no idea. I don't recall anything Kirby related where Kirby fell in love with anything. 

Its lovin time

ribbon.JPG

• Nice Smile 1

11 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Btw, where is that Chao screenshot from?

Virtua Striker 3.

Spoiler

Bean was in Virtua Striker 2.

Spoiler

CqZ0azHWEAI-mOv.jpg

15 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I'm a Kirby fan too and I know what they're talking about.

It's the final scene of Kirby 64 (true ending). There's a ceremony to celebrate the heroes for saving Ripple Star (Ribbon's home planet), and at the end Ribbon kisses Kirby.

While Kirby blushes and all, the scene is not intended to be anything, it's just a gag, and this is never brought back in subsequent games, nor in Kirby 64 itself (not even in Kirby Star Allies where Ribbon returned). I think it's meaningless and it was never intended to make Ribbon a love interest for Kirby, I think it's just a gag for comedy purposes; the kiss is not a love kiss but a "thank you".

On the other hand, there was another character that was said to be in love for Kirby (I think this comes from comics and different media, not from the games, but it's probably canon since there are some cutscenes and elements that reference it). Chuchu, the pink octopus blob thing, is said to be in love with Kirby. Though, Kirby doesn't seem to care, at all... he doesn't run away, nor shows any sign of sharing the feeling (aside from his facial expression in the sprite when the two characters are together in the game). Chuchu's personality is not much different than Amy's during the fangirl era: she wants to stay with Kirby and gets angry when someone or something blocks her from being with him... she can become violent at times, but she tries hard to hide this side of her personality.

chuchu.png.4a73155332499cace1f32bd4f6e52b70.png

chuchu2.png.45de1a60e442bbc225d8abbb99746176.png

Though Chuchu appears rarely in the series, and even when she appears, she is never considered a "main" character... even in Star Allies, she only appears during a specific move of the Cleaning ability (while the main 3 animal friends are together a playable character).

I think HAL realized it, Kirby doesn't need a Minnie Mouse/Ms Pac-Man because it would shift the focus of the series and change the image of the character, and IMO the same goes for Sonic.

You know how Pac-Man is shown to have a family in many of his games right? Imagine if Dixie Kong was Donkey Kong's girlfriend... it would have been completely different right? They made her the girlfriend of Diddy Kong instead, and the main character does not seem to have any.

I think that the relationship between Amy and Sonic is fine as it is and doesn't need to go futher. The point is, Amy's character is based on that relationship, and if the relationship can't go futher, you can't have much character development for her. That's why I would rather let Amy appear less and become less important, than let Amy be everywhere and be dull/pointless or out of character like she recently is (they changed her personality completely and the love for Sonic is only slighty referenced at times).

Also, I think she's recently stealing Tails' role as the clever of the group, and as a side effect, Tails is becoming just a joke, a MacGyver parody. Tails should have been the one who organized the resistance in Forces, and since he's a bit shy, it would have made sense for him to have Knuckles as the face of the group despite him being behind all the strategies. Amy should have been the one desperate because Sonic was missing, the one being scared when Chaos came out, and the one who met Classic Sonic and went with him indepedently from the resistance. It would have been way more fitting for both characters if their roles were switched.

I don't know what do you think about anime and how many of you watch/like them, though, if you have seen Attack on Titan, well, Armin is definitely Tails. I can't believe they made a game with a similar theme (war, population being harmless against the threat, small group of people with above-average fighting skills who tries to fight the apparently invincible enemy) they didn't put Tails in the equivalent role, but put Amy in it instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Iko said:

...and the main character does not seem to have any.

Candy Kong use to exist...

Hal didn't realize anything, Chuchu as well as the other Dreamland friends were only part of a specific set of games...it was nothing more than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, MainJP said:

Virtua Striker 3.

Hide contents

Bean was in Virtua Striker 2.

Hide contents

CqZ0azHWEAI-mOv.jpg

Wakanda Occasionally!

Dat Kazoo, though. Also, Bean looks like a mascot.