Awoo.

What drove you INSANE in a Sonic game?

Ebby

This was a topic that was from the now dead site, "The Sonic Foundation". It was one of the first places I ever went to when I got into Sonic, so I guess it's a little devoted to them.

Anyway, what drove you crazy while playing a Sonic game? You just could NOT get it or it took a long ass time. I think the best example would be the Carnival Night Circus Barrel. It's always coming up as one of the most annoying things in a Sonic game and most people can't figure it out.

I was one of them. I spent 20 minutes and two lives on that thing just to make it to the boss and die. Wonderful. :lol:

How about you guys?

(Edit: I just noticed a typo in the subtitle.... lol, I can't spell XD)

Fixed <3 - Pelly

Shadow the Hedgehog, The Doom, Dark Mission.

*shiver*

I'm convinced the 60th GUN trooper actually isn't there on some playthroughs.

Id have to say the mission where you have to help maria in shadow the hedgehog i just couldn't find the last artificial chaos.

The other thing that REALY drove me insane was in sonic unleahed all the music in the cutscenes it drove me into insanity duu du duu du du duuuuuu...

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel I cannot describe this adequately in words, therefore I have prepared this special diagram.

sonic06volcanocurve.png

This is probably cheating because I'm sure the game wasn't designed to do this even when the fire-pad isn't fired up, but hey. Also, that one ring-line in Kingdom Valley that sometimes sends me flying into the distance, sometimes doesn't.

Shadow the Hedgehog, The Doom, Dark Mission.

*shiver*

I'm convinced the 60th GUN trooper actually isn't there on some playthroughs.

Man, that game is lame, but that was my favorite level AND mission!!!!

Id have to say the mission where you have to help maria in shadow the hedgehog i just couldn't find the last artificial chaos.

Oh god, yes. This.

---

Sonic 06 final story cutscenes........... fucking..... His World....

That drove me fucking crazy when I realized the music was YET ANOTHER REMIX of His World.

The barrel of Doom, Carnival Night, Sonic 3. If anyone says it's simple, they must have had some good luck, because that one part of the whole game pissed off a helluva lot of fans.

Many of ShTH's Ark levels where you had to find and destroy whatever the objective was. Nothing but corridors and corridors and you will go around in circles atleast five times if not more just trying to beat the level.

And lastly, Eggmanland. Talk about some Ninja Gaiden hard shit. It's practically impossible to beat it without dying more than 15 times thanks to the QTEs, countless bottomless pits, and the damn sled part that made things hell.

That's about it.

Like Frozen Zordon said, that last GUN soldier was practically non-existent.

But I'd have to say, I hated the fact that in Sonic Rush, Blaze couldn't never achieve as much air as Sonic. When she launched (especially in the Carnival Night Zone rip-off), she would almost always fall to her death.

The barrel is bad, but at least once you know how to do it, it's easy.

Let's see, what else...

The Mystic Cave spike pit. The one you can't get out of. The one that, if you fall in there as Super Sonic, your only option is to sit there and wait. I mean, why not just use a regular pit? It's inescapable death either way...

Some of Team Chaotix's missions in Heroes. Mostly the ones where you have to get all of a certain item. Because you just know there's going to be one goddamn item you just can't find, so you need to go through the level again, and maybe you'll find it this time.

A lot of the missions in ShtH, for the same reason as the above. It's slightly better thanks to the teleport checkpoints, but it's still bullshit. Especially that internet level where you have to set off the bombs. I mean, you can barely even tell where you're going half the time.

And some of the hardest missions in SatSR were just excessively unfair. The "no pearls" ones and crap like that. Combine that with the loose waggle controls and it went beyond a reasonable challenge and straight into hair-pulling madness. Thankfully I never have to go through that again...

The Egg Golem in Sonic Advenure 2: Battle

WHYISTHISSOHARDITSHOULDNTBESOHARDIJUMPBUTIFALLDOWNWHYISTHISSOHARDGODFUGGENDAMMIT

IJUMPBUTIDONTHITHIMFUCKFUCKFUCK

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGG.

One Particuler Nightime Stage in Sonic Uleashed drove me Insane too, Shamar Act 1 to be exactly.

See There is one Part where you Have to collect Four of those "Keystones" to open a Door and Continue. Now I went the wrong way there and stepped right in a No Escape Battle with a Horde of those Dio Brando-Memoriam Lizard, Those Wizards and a Fuck-Ton of those Bee-like Enemy's. I went in there thinking I had too survive that Battle to collect the Next stone, But nope. All this Battle did was Pissing Me off to no end and Almost making me Hate this Game.

and then I found out that I didnt Had to go through this Madness......and Then I felt like a Idiot.

Never had a problem with the Carnival Night drum, it wasn't exactly intuitive, but it wasn't really head scratching either.

I did struggle to kill the final boss of Sonic 2 with Knuckles. His jump is just too short, I still don't think I've done it. The crab-thing boss for the Underground Zone in the 8-bit Sonic 2 kills me a lot. He's the first and hardest boss in the game. The first times I tried the Egg Dealer in ShtH, I couldn't properly land any homing attacks on him and fell into the pit, maybe 50 times. I figured out how to do it, but it doesn't work like a normal homing attack since he's rolling away from you and taking corners. The Lost World snake and the Egg Viper from SA1 gave me some trouble in the beginning too, but that game gets really easy over time. And has anyone tried to complete the expert mode on ShtH? Cosmic Fall turns into HELL on expert mode. The platforms get scattered really far apart and you have to make these death jumps with homing attacks to get between them, and the camera doesn't cooperate. I lost almost all the lives I got during the whole playthrough on that level. And yeah like Dio said, No Pearls missions in SatSR. Pirate Storm.

Edited by Goldar

I had a tough enough time with the Crazy Gadget puzzle in SA2 that I had to buy a strategy guide. (Didn't know about GameFAQs at the time.) Other than that, not much else.

The speed stages in Sonic 06. So fucking hard! The amount of times I died trying to complete those levels. The controls were also incredibly frustrating, when I wanted Sonic to go Down he went up and when he hit a wall he decided to spin around in circles till he died >_>

The Special stages on Sonic 3, trying to collect all of the blue spheres is so difficult.

The first Biolizard fight in SA2 had me in tears thanks to hours and hours of trying to beat it. The problem was trying to hit the life support whilst floating through the air because those spheres kept hitting me and causing me to lose all of my rings.

Edited by CreamyBagel

I hate some of the missions in SatBK. 'Don't touch the floor'? WHAT THE HELL!?

PROTIP: Sir Gawain is your friend.

I did struggle to kill the final boss of Sonic 2 with Knuckles. His jump is just too short, I still don't think I've done it.

Yeah, I had trouble with that, too. The trick is that with Knuckles you can only hit Robotnik right after he lands from flying up in the air.

There are only two 3D Sonic games I've fully completed. Those would be Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Shadow. I WOULD have completed Sonic Adventure.

WERE IT NOT FOR BIG THE FREAKIN' CAT AND TWINKLE PARK!!!!!

There are NEVER any fish big enough to get his last emblem on that stage. Ever.

Edited by Emerald Chaos

Did you get all 4 lure upgrades? The bigger fish won't come out if you don't have all of them, if I remember correctly.

There are only two 3D Sonic games I've fully completed. Those would be Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Shadow. I WOULD have completed Sonic Adventure.

WERE IT NOT FOR BIG THE FREAKIN' CAT AND TWINKLE PARK!!!!!

There are NEVER any fish big enough to get his last emblem on that stage. Ever.

Did you get all 4 lure upgrades? The bigger fish won't come out if you don't have all of them, if I remember correctly.

I always catch 2 fish then froggy to get the last emblem on every stage for Big the Cat =P

City Escape's third mission always got me. If you jump on a GUN bot and fall you can't generate any more GUN bots to take the old ones place, meaning it takes FOREVER to get the chao unless you are very lucky or very skilled at hitting the zipline things. I always miss.

The seventh special stage in Sonic Advance 2 as Tails, Knuckles and Cream. After 5 years of owning the game I have yet to beat that special stage as those characters

The seventh special stage in Sonic Advance 2 as Tails, Knuckles and Cream. After 5 years of owning the game I have yet to beat that special stage as those characters

What the hell? You're actually bothering to collect the 196 horribly placed medals to get each character into each special stage to unlock the abysmal final battle? Power to ya man, the only reward you're after is another character to play as who's hardly different to Sonic.

Oh god, yes. This.

---

Sonic 06 final story cutscenes........... fucking..... His World....

That drove me fucking crazy when I realized the music was YET ANOTHER REMIX of His World.

There wern't that many i think i remember his world only appearing a few times throughout the whole game

1.Menu

2.During opening

3.When sonic boards the egg carrier

4.Sonics ending

5.Final boss

At least it wasn't as bad as unleashed , fuck i could go on forever.

• Thumbs Up 1