Awoo.

What drove you INSANE in a Sonic game?

Ebby

Lemme see. EggmanLand. That took me days. I hated the bobsled bit, the skydiving bit and that room thats like a pit for the werehog.

The Biolizard had two things on me. One, I couldn't hit him. I just kept missing the life support system. Second, i was terrified of him. The tune made me so scared when I was younger.

One that many people will agree with is End of the World. I was stuck on Shadow's section because of the Light dash/ Chaos Spear mix up. Though my friends kept complaining they got stuck on Rouge's section. That bit was waaaaaaaay too easy for me.

There wern't that many i think i remember his world only appearing a few times throughout the whole game

1.Menu

2.During opening

3.When sonic boards the egg carrier

4.Sonics ending

5.Final boss

At least it wasn't as bad as unleashed , fuck i could go on forever.

Whenever there was a chance to use a character theme-tune like in SA1 ans SA2, they used His World. It was everywhere in game. World Adventure was Unleashed, practically. I loved the idea of it being remixed for bosses, but must I hear it more often than the Werehog battle music? Eeeesh

Lemme see. EggmanLand. That took me days. I hated the bobsled bit, the skydiving bit and that room thats like a pit for the werehog.

And don't forget the two Titan's waiting for you at the end of the level. After beating the first one prior to those two, you thought that would be the end, but nope. You had twice the trouble after that. <_<

One that many people will agree with is End of the World. I was stuck on Shadow's section because of the Light dash/ Chaos Spear mix up. Though my friends kept complaining they got stuck on Rouge's section. That bit was waaaaaaaay too easy for me.

I found Rouge's so easy. I just climbed up the rocks and flew above the ground until I reached the beach.

I couldn't stand Amy's EotW though. Why is she so unbelieveably slow? At least Knux, Rouge and Tails can fly but Amy? Nooooooo, she has to waddle along getting hit by boxes and dragged into the black holes.

I also had a bit of difficulty getting Were Sonic to jump off those handle thingies correctly (the things that make him do a 360 spin) causing me to fall into pits a lot.

Edited by CreamyBagel

Another thing i found really annoying was in 06 when your in a knuckles/rouge section on a wall and when you jump you clip back on again, that got me pissed off, i spent like 3 mins in flame core trying to get off the wall xD

The entirety of Sonic Unleashed - MAN that game was a disgrace... and Eggmanland was just the nail in the coffin; Unleashed was the first EVER game I traded in...

... And I own over 100 games.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Let's see.

Chaos 4 - It's a boring boss, and having to do it 3 times takes the cake.

Biolizard - Madness inducing. Love it now that I can do it though.

A ranking Cosmic Wall Mission 5 - Just, argh.

Final Fortress with Team Dark - The checkpoints are just... TOO far apart.

Silver's Dusty Desert - Damn ball puzzle. Never beaten it without the glitch.

Any Vs Silver Boss Battle - Stupidly broken.

No Pearls and Unscathed missions in Secret Rings - Especially the long ones.

S ranking Rooftop Run Day Act 2 - Crazy hard, and have to do it all in one life... I'm sure there are a couple of other super hard S ranks too.

EggmanLand time trials - The worst thing is that you must do it three times. The time limit is so generous it barely matters. It's literally just "Beat Eggmanland without dying two extra times for no real reason."

Arid Sands Night Act 3 - The final area is just ridiculous (PS360 version only, to clarify).

Edited by JezMM

The barrel puzzle in Sonic 3. Not much needs to be said.

Big's last mission in Twinkle Park. I haven't given Directors Cut a spin in recent years, but I'm pretty sure I've attained all the required lures. I should probably come back to it one of these days.

Any post-Sonic Adventure 1 levels which require you to search levels to find "X-object" or "kill X-amount of enemies."

The last couple of levels in Sonic 2. Probably the only mainstream Sonic I've never beaten without cheats.

The werehog sections in Eggman Land. The pipe sections are probably the only part that trips me up.

That's basically it.

EggmanLand time trials - The worst thing is that you must do it three times. The time limit is so generous it barely matters. It's literally just "Beat Eggmanland without dying two extra times for no real reason."

I want to expand that to all stages. On a 100 rings mission, you have to finish the entire stage even though you collected the rings in 10 seconds. And then do it twice more! Same for the "defeat x enemies" actually. As for the timed missions, you can complete the stage in the time required for the hard mission but still have to play it twice more on the respective difficulties. What the hell?

It's got to be one of the few place wherein the 360/PS3 game is worse than the Wii/PS2 one. (IMO)

Oh yeah, that's true actually. Two annoyments from me.

Easy- Get 100 rings.

Normal - Get 200 rings.

Hard - Get 300 rings.

I'm okay with having to finish the whole level after getting them - after all, it's about collecting AND keeping them. What annoys me, is if on the easy mission, you collect 300, you must still do the normal and hard ones after.

Second annoyment is I had a hell of a time with Adabat.

I remember being stuck on Carnival Night zone in Sonic 3 for a long time back in the day. I got to a wall that I just couldn't get past. Next to the wall was on of those red and gray spinning things. I eventually figured out that you had to press up and down to make it go higher and lower so you could go lower than the wall, thus exiting that area under the wall.

Oh the days before the internet and Gamefaqs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol, I first "properly" played Sonic 3 alone (only at a friend's house in bursts previously - we played her SNES more), on an emulator. When I got to Carnival Night's barrel, after about five minutes, I thought "this is stupid", and restarted the level to find another route. When I ended up in the same place, I just quit and ended up not playing it again until a few years later on Mega Collection.

Can't remember whether I worked it out myself or looked it up when I eventually reached it on Mega...

Edited by JezMM

Some of the 3D games have some incredibly difficult and frustrating end levels and bosses.. Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic 06.. They took a while, and man, getting through those felt like torture. But yet I managed to complete them.

But Sonic Unleashed. I got stuck right at the last boss (360 version). I think it was the third section, Sonic had to run along a wall to get to the boss, and I kept falling off, or hitting those random explosion things (Can't remember what they are, it's been a while), or just running out of time and dying, and for some reason I just couldn't do it. I would lose over 20 lives just doing that part over and over and over. Eventually I snapped, set fire to the house, murdered my neighbours and jumped off a sky scraper. That last sentence may be a lie, but my trusty control pad was damaged during my rampage.

And then I decided to take a break for a few months, cos sometimes when I'm stuck on a game, and leave it for a bit, I can do it afterwards. My Xbox broke shortly after, so it has been a long time since I touched it. Getting it fixed this week hopefully, so I shall try again.. Really want to complete that damn game :(

Heavenly Ruin. HATE those falling platforms! Also Restless Coastside's whirlpools and Dark Gaia Cauldron's pipe bit, I always get lost! Did I mention falling off the summit of The Great Aqueduct? Or the waterfall in Pathway to Darkness? The EggmanLand corkscrew is annoying up to me deviating it. Of course there's SA3's launch, flight, death glitches...

Any boss battle against Silver in Sonic 06. Those were obscenely hard even after I figured out how to actually get in to hit him. Also the speed sections. I could've looked past all the other glitches but the speed sections were just so infuriatingly broken I gave up on the game. I can't count the number of times the speed section in Sonic's Crisis City (I think that's the stage name anyway) killed me due to a stupid glitch.

SA2:

- That one area in the gravity puzzle in Crazy Gadget where you must use a spring to jump up from the yellow platform up to the blue one. You can JUST BARELY make it, yet often times I don't, and you'll never know if your not going to make it until it's too late and by then there's no time to make it back to safety. Sure there's an easier route, but I will not let that game beat me!

Heroes:

- Mystic Mansion, Chaotix mission. No matter what, there will always be one time where I miss at least one and have to circle the level several times over just to get that last one. At least in earlier missions there were a few extra items that you could find and didn't force you to find every single one.

ShTH:

- Any "Defeat all enemies" missions. See above, minus the last sentence.

Black Knight:

- Getting 5 star rank on most missions. ESPECIALLY the Rampage missions. Oh God the Rampage missions!

- The fucking Will O Wisps. The modern day equivalent to the barrels. Simple solution, barely any hint, though at least Black Knight does tell you how to hit the Will O Wisps...... In one, AND ONLY ONE mission. Yes, no one's going to forget something so important that you can complete the game without ever using it again!

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Anyone remember the last stretch of roads in Babylon Garden from Riders? It was the sharpest turn and took so, so, so long to master. It kept me form completing the Hero/Team Sonic story for ages.

Anyone remember the last stretch of roads in Babylon Garden from Riders? It was the sharpest turn and took so, so, so long to master. It kept me form completing the Hero/Team Sonic story for ages.

I remember that. The turbulence didn't help any either. :rolleyes:

The ones in Babylon Story's Sky Road are worse, IMO. Long, sweeping, barrier-less corners that you WILL fall off.

Altitude Limit in Sonic Rush is no picnic either.

As for Eggmanland... back when I first played Unleashed, just finishing Eggmanland in Story Mode brought me back, for perhaps the first time since MegaDrive Sonic 3, to the prospect of losing all my lives. The sense of steadily increasing panic as you watch the life counter dwindle through single figures is something I hadn't experienced for over a decade. Terrible nostalgia indeed.

The great thing about Eggmanland, in retrospect, is that they weren't cheap deaths. Once you practice at the level and get competent at it, you'll end up coming out with more lives than you went in, most of the time.

This does not, of course, make the Time Trials any less hair-pull-out-ing. I finally managed to do Lv.1 for the first time a couple of days ago... but now that I know I can do it, I have no desire to put myself through the torment twice more.

Second annoyment is I had a hell of a time with Adabat.

True dat.

I remember that. The turbulence didn't help any either. :rolleyes:

Oh my god!

"Yes yes yes! I'm gonna win this!"

The somebody boosts past you. No worry, you can boost past them in a moment. But no. They fall off the ledge, leaving behind their turbulence. And so you get caught in it and pulled over the edge too. And then you're put back on the track, to be sucked instantaneously into the turbulence again. ARGH!. As it finally fades away, the racers that have lapped you go off the edge, starting the cycle once more.